Thread: Itouch

Itouch

My kids and wife gave me a touch for father's day. Good present, huh? Any of you Itouch/Iphone users have any hints? Anything I should know? So far, I've put in my music and some photos.

I'm stoked (as they used to say).
    ~rthomas

Don't buy movies from iTunes, rip your own DVD collection. How to do this was discussed in another thread, but I forget which one or when. I use Magic DVD Ripper.

Oh, and speaking from the experience of my friend Mike, don't drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    My kids and wife gave me a touch for father's day. Good present, huh? Any of you Itouch/Iphone users have any hints? Anything I should know? So far, I've put in my music and some photos.

Nice toy for me for personal email (to supplement my BlackBerry for firm email). While I use it occasionally for music, I generally use my "Classic" for commuting and the Nano for working out. (I got it with a "coupon" for a online merchandiser for my 30th year with my firm - NOTHING else on the site catalogue in any way appealed to me.)

I find the battery charge doesn't last as long as the others. Perhaps it's the functions that it has and they don't?

Enjoy!

Thumbs up On this one, I give a lot of credit to Billybreen

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post

Actually, billybreen allayed some of my initial fears about going with the iTouch. Kudos to BB. I am very happy with my iTouch.

My only question now is whether to continue with my iTouch, or to go with a new iPhone. The new iPhone would allow me to do more, especially in areas that are not Wifi.

I love my iTouch, and use it extensively for teaching. In lab (with Wifi), I can access my Blackboard materials, gradesheets, and send/receive emails sans trouble. In Smart Rooms, I can link A/V material for use in seminars and lectures.

And the video screen is great.

I agree with the comment about the battery charge, but all in all, I am VERY happy with it. PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Lavabe