Jewtopia coming to Atlanta

The off broadway production of Jewtopia is coming to Atlanta. I heard the play is hilarious, but missed it while I was in NY. I have already bought tickets to see it when it comes to Atlanta (this time with my parents).

While this will undoubtedly appeal to some more than others, everyone enjoys a good, tasteful stereotyping.

Apparently the play is about J-date - for those of you who know what J-date is.

Runs from this Thursday through mid-August.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    The off broadway production of Jewtopia is coming to Atlanta. I heard the play is hilarious, but missed it while I was in NY. I have already bought tickets to see it when it comes to Atlanta (this time with my parents).

While this will undoubtedly appeal to some more than others, everyone enjoys a good, tasteful stereotyping.

Apparently the play is about J-date - for those of you who know what J-date is.

Runs from this Thursday through mid-August.
    Do you have a weblink? My wife's boss met his current wife on J-date, and had previously been a longtime patron. This could be funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Do you have a weblink? My wife's boss met his current wife on J-date, and had previously been a longtime patron. This could be funny...
    J-Date? Is this the date Jesus is coming back to Earth to take all us Christians up to Heaven so we can miss the final years of the Opockolips?

Oh wait. You said your wife's boss met someone on J-date (which I thought was September 18, 2012 by the way).

So that either means that J-Date has come and you, me, and all others here are doomed heathens, or that J-Date is something else entirely.

Is it a dating service? Kind of like a Jew-Harmony?

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    J-Date? Is this the date Jesus is coming back to Earth to take all us Christians up to Heaven so we can miss the final years of the Opockolips?

Oh wait. You said your wife's boss met someone on J-date (which I thought was September 18, 2012 by the way).

So that either means that J-Date has come and you, me, and all others here are doomed heathens, or that J-Date is something else entirely.

Is it a dating service? Kind of like a Jew-Harmony?

-EarlJam
    Yep - Jew-Harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Yep - Jew-Harmony.
    Do you HAVE to be Jewish to participate? Could I, not being Jewish, seek a Jewish mate?

I mean, I think I..., well, I'm scared but..., well, what I'm trying to say is:

I think I love Jews, so what am I so afraid of?
    I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for.
    I think I love Jews, isn't that what life is made of
    Though it worries me to say that I never felt this way.

Seriously, could I participate?

-EarlJam

you can certainly participate, however if you are serious, I would make it clear up front that you are not jewish. a lot of participants are on there because they are only interested in meeting jews. that said, i know an inter-faith couple that did meet on jdate.

Thumbs up In related news ...

Steven's Atlanta favorite Goldberg's Deli is opening this week in East Cobb.

FINALLY, we have competition with Bagelicious.

I wonder who will win.

Who has the better kugel and knishes?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Steven's Atlanta favorite Goldberg's Deli is opening this week in East Cobb.

FINALLY, we have competition with Bagelicious.

I wonder who will win.

Who has the better kugel and knishes?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    they might sell boerwors at that location - go buy some and throw it on the grill (ask them for directions if need be). You can cook it over a flame, but the fire really surges with the fat that drips down. My mom cooks it on the grill, but turns the burners on only one side and puts the boerwors on the other (top down). Let it go for about 20 minutes, flip and let it go another 10. See if its done, and enjoy. Eat with bbq sauce if you must, not ketchup, unless you eat it as a hot dog, then ketchup will work as well.