Visiting Syracuse

I'll be visiting Syracuse soon. Does anyone know anything about the area? Things to do, places to eat, etc. Thanks for any recommendations.

I haven't actually been, but I have a friend from the area that swears the Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse is the best BBQ he has ever had (and he is a Duke guy who has had BBQ from all over NC and Texas as well). Strange but true... might be worth a visit to find out.

I'm a big fan of a website called yelp.com where people review their favorite restaurants, retail stores, nightlife spots, doctors, and just about everything else. It seems to be a lot bigger here in the Portland area than in the Syracuse area (1374 restaurants reviewed vs. 100), but it does list Dinosaur Bar-B-Que as the top restaurant. Here's a link.

Dinosaur BBQ is pretty good eats. Also, if you have the chance, go to the Finger Lakes region. There are some nice little vineyards and you can find a yummy grape pie, a regional specialty.

I second the finger lakes region. Auburn, Penn Yan, Watkins Glen are all beautiful places.

Thank you for all of the recommendations. I went to Dinosaur BBQ tonight and while it wasn't the best I've ever had, it was delicious and the atmosphere was awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone. I won't be able to go to the Finger Lakes Region though the drive through upstate NY is gorgeous.