Exclamation SOS. Legal advice needed

Anyone here with good knowledge of North Carolina labor law, I need help, like, yesterday! My employer is in a hissy-fit. I'm open for PM's.

Thanks to any in advance.

My father is the premiere labor lawyer in the state, although on the defense side, so if you want to give me a general scenario I can run it by him. Otherwise if you need real help I can put you in touch and he can refer or take you on as a client.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Anyone here with good knowledge of North Carolina labor law, I need help, like, yesterday! My employer is in a hissy-fit. I'm open for PM's.

Thanks to any in advance.
    Sorry I can't help ya captmojo. But I'll be sending you good vibes.

Problem maybe solved

I've spent the afternoon in negotiations and it was resolved that, as Rodney King so eloquently observed some time back,"Can't we just all get along?"

Folks, this was regarding my employer seeking to release me from his service due to taking a company vehicle three city blocks out of route to exercise my chance to vote in the North Carolina primary election. I was running late that day and by the time I reached the polling place, there was five minutes to spare. I might also add that this was the agreed conclusion of that work day. A truly unnecessary emotional turmoil, to say the least.

I do offer thanks for the good vibes and in case the chance of a grudge might be possibly held against me, I will keep your offer in mind, CLT. I hope this won't escalate into a possible case of harassment/abuse of power-authority.

Again, many thanks.

...to exercise my chance to vote...
    Now I don't know much about law, but it is not your chance, but it is your right to vote so I can't see the problem.

If it were a monetary expense question, I have to ask, what if I needed to attend to a bodily function situation, a meal, a detour? We were arguing over a distance of 1/4 of one mile.

Not a very pleasant workplace experience. When will you start looking for a new workplace?

I've spent the afternoon in negotiations and it was resolved that, as Rodney King so eloquently observed some time back,"Can't we just all get along?"

Folks, this was regarding my employer seeking to release me from his service due to taking a company vehicle three city blocks out of route to exercise my chance to vote in the North Carolina primary election. I was running late that day and by the time I reached the polling place, there was five minutes to spare. I might also add that this was the agreed conclusion of that work day. A truly unnecessary emotional turmoil, to say the least.

I do offer thanks for the good vibes and in case the chance of a grudge might be possibly held against me, I will keep your offer in mind, CLT. I hope this won't escalate into a possible case of harassment/abuse of power-authority.

Again, many thanks.
    That is a really terrible story. I hope that your employer can let this go. If not, perhaps you can offer to pay them $0.13; that's 1/4 of the IRS allowance for mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Not a very pleasant workplace experience. When will you start looking for a new workplace?
    Well, I'm too damned old to start all over again somewhere else and I've invested too much time into it to walk out. I'll get a few more moons here and as soon as I'm eligible to retire...they won't have to ask me but once!

Being reinstated, my first course of action has been to use one of my earned weeks of vacation. I'm leaving to go fishing tomorrow. I need to be on the lake immediately... if not sooner.

Well, I'm too damned old to start all over again somewhere else
    No, you're not. Fresh starts can be good.

I'm glad that you're getting away for a few days. Enjoy your vacation.

Again, many thanks.
    Oh, Good Lord - I totally empathize, and am sorry.

I have had a couple of truly nutso employers in a row; I could literally post forever with some horror stories.

Do you work for a small employer or place where this one guy runs the show?

I have found that individual business/small business guys that I've worked for are truly the most insane. And, at a disturbingly high rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Oh, Good Lord - I totally empathize, and am sorry.

I have had a couple of truly nutso employers in a row; I could literally post forever with some horror stories.

Do you work for a small employer or place where this one guy runs the show?

I have found that individual business/small business guys that I've worked for are truly the most insane. And, at a disturbingly high rate.
    No, they're international. I've worked for smaller outfits who fit the pattern you describe.

Thanks for the good wishes and confidence Cathy, however I'm no longer that ambitious. Not in my work life, anyway.

No, they're international. I've worked for smaller outfits who fit the pattern you describe.

Thanks for the good wishes and confidence Cathy, however I'm no longer that ambitious. Not in my work life, anyway.

Well, I certainly wish you well.

How much longer do you have 'til retirement? Hope you can hold out; I also hope that in a larger organization you will have some "insulation" from adverse action by this one person. (Is HR a place where you can at least put something on record to buy time?)

9 more years. I can make it. Especially if I carry a digital voice recorder with me every time I see Jerkwad coming nearby.

Oh, I'll get over it eventually. I enjoy the work. I just don't need the extra baggage.