Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ABW support group

I was speaking with another DBR junkie on the left coast, and I mentioned how I was having withdrawl from the Angus Barn. (Yes, though it's been several years, it happens occasionally, at which point I reminisce fondly... trying not to drool.)

I realize not everyone holds AB in the same fondness that I do, however I suggested we start the ABW support group (Angus Barn withdrawl). Anyone else in?

Sue

I need prime rib

Talk about tease, their website lets you shop online, but they don't sell prime rib. Maybe a steak knife and a cheese crock would make me feel better.

Abw

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I was speaking with another DBR junkie on the left coast, and I mentioned how I was having withdrawl from the Angus Barn. (Yes, though it's been several years, it happens occasionally, at which point I reminisce fondly... trying not to drool.)

I realize not everyone holds AB in the same fondness that I do, however I suggested we start the ABW support group (Angus Barn withdrawl). Anyone else in?

Sue
    I have a better idea. Send me a gift certificate, I'll eat there next week and send you a fabulous review.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have a better idea. Send me a gift certificate, I'll eat there next week and send you a fabulous review.
    Now that's just downright cruel. Lucky you, but cruel.

Enjoy!

Abw

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Now that's just downright cruel. Lucky you, but cruel.

Enjoy!
    That's why I added all the stupid smilies so as to minimize or dispel any cruel intentions/thoughts.

You added "enjoy." Does that mean you ARE sending the gift certificate? (jk)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's why I added all the stupid smilies so as to minimize or dispel any cruel intentions/thoughts.

You added "enjoy." Does that mean you ARE sending the gift certificate? (jk)
    I know, I know. It just made me sad.

The gift certificates are in the mail. With the check (the check's in the mail...)

IF you do go, please enjoy. Have some prime rib for me.

Sadly enough, I am in Durham and am going through AB withdrawal - a one and 1/2 year old son makes it difficult to go out. My wife and I used to go and eat in the Turkey Lounge every other month. It was our reward for difficult times.

We've been once since out son was born. We need to go soon.

ABW, night out

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Sadly enough, I am in Durham and am going through AB withdrawal - a one and 1/2 year old son makes it difficult to go out. My wife and I used to go and eat in the Turkey Lounge every other month. It was our reward for difficult times.

We've been once since out son was born. We need to go soon.
    Find a sitter who is comfortable taking care of an 18 month old (or a neighbor or a family member) and go out on a date! THAT is an order. I don't care if it's a cone at McDonald's, a frostee at Wendy's or a milk shake at BK. I don't care if it's a sandwich at Bear Rock or Jimmy Joe's (or John's) or Jersey Mike's. Spend 30 minutes or an hour out with your wife-just the two of you. Do it once a week or once a month or whenever you can. The few extra bucks will pay many years worth of dividends in your marriage. Trust me, it has worked for us.

BTW, congrats on 500!
    Last edited by devildeac; 06-13-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: ACC Champs-AGAIN!