Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal

    ABW support group

    I was speaking with another DBR junkie on the left coast, and I mentioned how I was having withdrawl from the Angus Barn. (Yes, though it's been several years, it happens occasionally, at which point I reminisce fondly... trying not to drool.)

    I realize not everyone holds AB in the same fondness that I do, however I suggested we start the ABW support group (Angus Barn withdrawl). Anyone else in?

    Sue

  2. #2

    I need prime rib

    Talk about tease, their website lets you shop online, but they don't sell prime rib. Maybe a steak knife and a cheese crock would make me feel better.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    Abw

    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I was speaking with another DBR junkie on the left coast, and I mentioned how I was having withdrawl from the Angus Barn. (Yes, though it's been several years, it happens occasionally, at which point I reminisce fondly... trying not to drool.)

    I realize not everyone holds AB in the same fondness that I do, however I suggested we start the ABW support group (Angus Barn withdrawl). Anyone else in?

    Sue
    I have a better idea. Send me a gift certificate, I'll eat there next week and send you a fabulous review.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have a better idea. Send me a gift certificate, I'll eat there next week and send you a fabulous review.
    Now that's just downright cruel. Lucky you, but cruel.

    Enjoy!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    Abw

    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Now that's just downright cruel. Lucky you, but cruel.

    Enjoy!
    That's why I added all the stupid smilies so as to minimize or dispel any cruel intentions/thoughts.

    You added "enjoy." Does that mean you ARE sending the gift certificate? (jk)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's why I added all the stupid smilies so as to minimize or dispel any cruel intentions/thoughts.

    You added "enjoy." Does that mean you ARE sending the gift certificate? (jk)
    I know, I know. It just made me sad.

    The gift certificates are in the mail. With the check (the check's in the mail...)

    IF you do go, please enjoy. Have some prime rib for me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Sadly enough, I am in Durham and am going through AB withdrawal - a one and 1/2 year old son makes it difficult to go out. My wife and I used to go and eat in the Turkey Lounge every other month. It was our reward for difficult times.

    We've been once since out son was born. We need to go soon.
    Now I'm 33, my back hurts, and I just don't care who does what in Cameron. - Throatybeard

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    ABW, night out

    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Sadly enough, I am in Durham and am going through AB withdrawal - a one and 1/2 year old son makes it difficult to go out. My wife and I used to go and eat in the Turkey Lounge every other month. It was our reward for difficult times.

    We've been once since out son was born. We need to go soon.
    Find a sitter who is comfortable taking care of an 18 month old (or a neighbor or a family member) and go out on a date! THAT is an order. I don't care if it's a cone at McDonald's, a frostee at Wendy's or a milk shake at BK. I don't care if it's a sandwich at Bear Rock or Jimmy Joe's (or John's) or Jersey Mike's. Spend 30 minutes or an hour out with your wife-just the two of you. Do it once a week or once a month or whenever you can. The few extra bucks will pay many years worth of dividends in your marriage. Trust me, it has worked for us.

    BTW, congrats on 500!
    Last edited by devildeac; 06-13-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: ACC Champs-AGAIN!

Similar Threads

  1. Help Support A DBR Sponsor!
    By Julio in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 09:56 AM
  2. Roof support - with poll
    By VaDukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
  3. Favorite Singer Or Group
    By dukemomLA in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •