Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just thought of another classic basketball rivalry: IU/Kentucky. It's not very big throughout the rest of the world, but in IU and Kentucky, it's a huge game. In fact, indiana's high school boys and girl's all star teams take on Kentucky's girls and boys teams every year (with indiana normally winning )

How about Penn and Princeton in basketball? They even play on a differenct night--Tuesday--than other ivy league games, which are played on Fridays and Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post
    Since there's no in-state rival for West Virginia (no, Marshall doesn't count, at least for WVU folks), Pitt is a big rival.
    The folks in West By God Virginia might think Pitt is a big rival, but I don't think it's reciprocated. Pitt-Penn State was a good football rivalry for a long time until Joe Pa chickened out and cancelled the series. I guess he'd rather play Akron or Bowling Green or Temple instead of Pitt...

And Lehigh - Lafayette is surprisingly nasty... They claim it's the longest running rivalry, so they count each one, e.g. "The 143rd Game"

Top 3

1. St Mary's College for the Blind vs. Jesuit College of Lysdexia.

2. Fuquay Varina Technical Penal College vs. Altimahaw-Ossippee Opposum Culinary Institute.

3. Nifong Institute for the Chronic Liars vs. Duke University

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    I doubt very much if Alabama was 0-10 but beat Auburn the fans would consider the season as a success.
    Well, let me remove the doubt for you: after losing 6 in a row to Auburn, better than 90% of Bama fans, given a secret ballot, would vote for 1-11 with a win vs. Auburn over 11-1 and a loss to the Tigers. If this seems unbelievable, it shouldn't. Given that it comes on the final week of the reg. season, it would be roughly equivalent to Carolina beating Duke in a regional final, i.e. two wins short of the NC game.

I'd love to see Memphis/Tennessee take it up a notch. The game last year was great. Kansas has strong conference rivalries with Texas and Oklahoma, and theres IU and Purdue

My personal rivalries...

Football:
    1. Michigan-Ohio Snake
    2. Michigan-Ohio Snake
    3. Michigan-Ohio Snake
    4. Michigan-Michigan Snake
    5. Texas-OU
    6. Miami-FSU
    7. Alabama-Auburn
    8. Texas-Texas A&M
    9.-1,000,000. Repeat numbers 1-3

Basketball:
    1.-1,000,000. Duke-UNC
    1,000,001. Michigan-Michigan Snake
    1,000,002. Texas-Kansas
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by dpslaw View Post
    How about Penn and Princeton in basketball? They even play on a differenct night--Tuesday--than other ivy league games, which are played on Fridays and Saturdays.

Boy, that IS pretty "out there"!!!!