Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Why is Shelden's kid in the backcourt? I guess his wife must be a guard. I don't follow women's hoops. Still, even if his mom's a guard, I have to figure any child of Shelden's to be a forward of some kind, just based on girth.
    His fiancée is Candace Parker, a 6'4" professional basketball guard/forward! The genes might allow any offspring to be really tall.

Williams/Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Why is Shelden's kid in the backcourt? I guess his wife must be a guard. I don't follow women's hoops. Still, even if his mom's a guard, I have to figure any child of Shelden's to be a forward of some kind, just based on girth.
    IIRC, Candace Parker is about 6'4" and has been known throw one down on occasion (dunks, not brews-that's another thread on the OT board). I suspect any children will have the height and wingspan to play almost any position on the court, 'cuz you know we don't play "postions" in K's system and we never have enough PG or "bigs" ().
    Last edited by devildeac; 06-14-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: OOPS, did not see Indoor66's post several minutes earlier. What the heck, I'll leave mine here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    His fiancée is Candace Parker, a 6'4" professional basketball guard/forward! The genes might allow any offspring to be really tall.
    I know this is ridiculously silly, but from what you've added here, it still sounds like the kid would play in the frontcourt.

You guys are probably right; both into the front court!