Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

best play

A 3/4 length of the court pass, a catch, a dribble or two and a fake and then a soft 15 (or 16) foot jumper for the win... Can there be any other "best play" in sports?
    Last edited by devildeac; 06-11-2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: ACC Champs-AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A 3/4 length of the court pass, a catch, a dribble or two and a fake and then a soft 15 (or 16) foot jumper for the win... Can there be any other "best play" in sports?
    Yes, apparently you didn't read my post...

I keed, I keed...just trying to increase my emoticons per post stats.

Quote Originally Posted by xenic View Post
    Do you play in the Triangle?
    That second link is pretty sweet... off a hammer no less.
    I attempted a layout greatest October 2006... I got to the disc, and I got the throw off, but I didn't have a trailer to catch it... unfortunately, the throwing motion rotated my body and I landed on my head resulting in a concussion, an ambulance ride, and headaches that lasted for nearly 6 months.
    I am in the triangle, but rarely play. I am more in the 'game time forgot' league around here. I played with them a long time ago, on the field by the field hockey field on east campus. I tried winter league one year, but I travel too much to be around for a regular series of games. I miss the ultimate, but I I also realize that I have permanently damaged my wrists from far too many lay-outs.

I'd say the best play is hitting a three point shot just as Billy Packer is opining that you shouldn't take one. Or more generically, ANY play that shuts Packer up.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    I am in the triangle, but rarely play. I am more in the 'game time forgot' league around here. I played with them a long time ago, on the field by the field hockey field on east campus. I tried winter league one year, but I travel too much to be around for a regular series of games. I miss the ultimate, but I I also realize that I have permanently damaged my wrists from far too many lay-outs.

Hmmmm. I bet we've played together. It's been many years since I played TGTTF, but I used to be out there pretty regularly.

Either a quadruple-double in basketball (points, blocks, steals, boards)

or a hole-in-one just because it's so hard to get that little ball in that hole

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    What about assists

Quote Originally Posted by xenic View Post
    What about assists
    No time for them!

make that a quintuple double (??)

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post

or a hole-in-one just because it's so hard to get that little ball in that hole
    According to wikipedia, there have been only four quadruple-doubles in the history of the NBA:

* Nate Thurmond, October 18, 1974, Chicago vs. Atlanta; 22 points, 14 rebounds, 13 assists, 12 blocks.[1]
    * Alvin Robertson, February 18, 1986, San Antonio vs. Phoenix; 20 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 steals.[2]
    * Hakeem Olajuwon, March 29, 1990, Houston vs. Milwaukee; 18 points, 16 rebounds, 10 assists, 11 blocks.[3]
    * David Robinson, February 17, 1994, San Antonio vs. Detroit; 34 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 blocks.[4]

I wouldn't call getting a quadruple double a "single play" though, so I don't think it qualifies

Hole in ones are pretty flukey. The difference between that and a 10-15 putt is basically luck.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Better than any basketball shot I've seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CUA21ZIxZI

Make sure you watch until you get to the second replay...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    For me it's a throw from the outfield nailing a runner at the plate.
    How about a throw from the outfield nailing a runner at the plate to win a game -- or in the case of the 2003 Florida Marlins, to win a playoff series? That was pretty awesome.

A great iron shot onto the green to within 2-3 feet is frigging awesome (which I did yesterday from 150 yards with a 7 for a birdie putt) Almost as good as making a 40 ft putt for a birdie (which I did two days ago although it was luck - but I'll take it!).

It doesn't get any better than that.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    A great iron shot onto the green to within 2-3 feet is frigging awesome (which I did yesterday from 150 yards with a 7 for a birdie putt) Almost as good as making a 40 ft putt for a birdie (which I did two days ago although it was luck - but I'll take it!).

It doesn't get any better than that.
    I dunno, man. You're supposed to knock a 7 pretty close, and a certain percentage will get in the vicinity. I'm not saying it isn't an accomplishment, but in my book, it doesn't compare with draining a 40ft birdie putt. That will make an otherwise attrocious round of golf worthwhile for me.