Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: U.S. Open

Well, let's just say Ymo's bet against the field was a wise one.

Kudos to Rocco, but Tiger is, well, TIGER!

Rocco landed one next to the bleachers. Had to take a drop. Tiger wins.

-jk

Tiger wins on the first sudden death hole. Rocco hit into the fairway bunker and then hit his 2nd shot against the grandstands. He hits from the free drop zone to about 20 feet. Meanwhile, Tiger got on the green in 2 and 2 putted to a par. Rocco misses his 20 footer by a few inches, and Tiger's your winner.

Wow, a classic U.S. Open. Tiger is forever my favorite, but Rocco Mediate has moved up my list of favorites after this performance.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Sort of a sad way to end it. Kinda bummed I couldn't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Sort of a sad way to end it. Kinda bummed I couldn't watch it.
    I'm sure it'll be on youtube shortly.

-jk

I wish Rocco had won (I love the underdog) but this was some great drama and entertainment - especially for someone who didn't know or care a lick about golf until about this time yesterday. Kudos to both Tiger and Rocco!

Wink Not so wise a bet

It doesn't look like Ymo's bet on the field would have cost him some money.

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post

Wow, a classic U.S. Open. Tiger is forever my favorite, but Rocco Mediate has moved up my list of favorites after this performance.
    I second this motion! Rocco put up a helluva battle, but once he didn't win it in regulation, I thought Tiger would end it quickly. I'm just surprised he left the birdie putt short (like he did the eagle putt on 18).

Great match, great for golf. Congratulations to both Tiger and Rocco.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The longer it lasted, the more I wanted Mediate to win...heck Jack Nicklaus finished second in majors how many times?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That Was Awesome!!! All of it. What a great tourney.

go tiger?

As a HUGE Tiger Woods fan for years, this is the first (and only) time when I didn't have a favorite. Rocco is a wonderful, fan-pleasing opponent. He deserves success, and this would have been a signature win of his career. But I also believe that is a signature loss. NO ONE has taken Tiger to the wire like this. A classic.

I'm thrilled that Rocco has moved WAY up the rankings. He's my new Paine Stewart. Such a gracious and honest man. So along with my endless GO TIGER, I add GO ROCCO.

Exciting to read posts of folks have now been introduced to the fun of watching golf. The former "sedate" manner and British-like clapping is gone. And for the better. Screaming fans and "in the hole" chants will bring more and more fans to golf. (As long as they learn the etiquette of not snapping pics or making noise or moving around during shots).

Such a fabulous U.S. Open. (Something to occupy time until the Olympic Trials next week.......and of course, until NCAA BB starts).

What a tournament!

I was pulling for Rocco to win. I love Tiger. But when you balance out what the win would mean to each of them there was no contest. Both played great golf. I was a little surprised that Rocco did so well in the playoff, he handled the pressure with aplomb. He had the chance to put it away on a short par-5 and couldn't do the deal.

The course was as fair as any US Open I can remember.

YIKES, Tiger and Rocco

Agree with last post. I'm a HUGE Tiger fan. This is the first (probably last) time which I was conflicted about the outcome.

I also LOVE Rocco M. So...as time went on, I would have been happy with either win. Hard to root against Rocco.

I think this the most exciting and memorable USOpen ever!! Rivalled (coming in second place by me) by Tiger's win at Pebble Beach by 15 strokes.

What a week-end PLUS. Major kudos to Rocco!!!!