Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Favorite non-title event?

Macon bacon. The first of K's victories over the "unbeatables."

Favorite moment?

JD reversing on David Rivers' head. Ho-ly cow!

My favorite Duke moment hands down was the 1998 game in Cameron vs. Carolina. It was Coach K's 500th win on Deano's birthday the year after he'd handed the program over the Gut. It was Wojo and McCleod's senior day, and the stoic efforts to hold back emotion amidst the cheering masses their faces was really moving, especially with McCleod holding his infant son out in front of the Crazies. I teared up a little, and the game hadn't even started. We were down 17, but the heat really took a pounding on the 'Heels short bench and Cota and Haywood both missed the front end of one-and-ones to allow us to win the game. It was the loudest I've ever heard Cameron; my face paint melted off before the tip-off. An All-American front court of VC and Jamison could do nothing to stop frosh Elton Brand in his first game back from foot surgery. Coach K called Wojo's outing one of the all time great one point performances in basketball. We won the game to secure an outright ACC reg season championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    My favorite Duke moment hands down was the 1998 game in Cameron vs. Carolina. It was Coach K's 500th win on Deano's birthday the year after he'd handed the program over the Gut. It was Wojo and McCleod's senior day, and the stoic efforts to hold back emotion amidst the cheering masses their faces was really moving, especially with McCleod holding his infant son out in front of the Crazies. I teared up a little, and the game hadn't even started. We were down 17, but the heat really took a pounding on the 'Heels short bench and Cota and Haywood both missed the front end of one-and-ones to allow us to win the game. It was the loudest I've ever heard Cameron; my face paint melted off before the tip-off. An All-American front court of VC and Jamison could do nothing to stop frosh Elton Brand in his first game back from foot surgery. Coach K called Wojo's outing one of the all time great one point performances in basketball. We won the game to secure an outright ACC reg season championship.
    Good call! I love the image of Wojo running through the masses to meet K with a huge hug. That was an awesome game.

I am envious of all of you who have been to this or that. I have never been to CIS, and probably won't be. I am a TV fan. But I have been a Dukie in my heart since the Laettner/Hurley days, particularly Bobby Hurley. My wife and I have not missed many games on TV (if any!) since then.
    Thank God for high definition -- we love the games.
    We loved Jason Williams, JJ Redick, Shelden Williams, Chris Duhon and every player to ever suit up for Duke.
    We are massively optimistic for next year, with Singler, Henderson, Scheyer and Paulus leading the way, plus a lot of bigs rounding into shape (not a pun), and the recruits helping out.
    While we won't be in Cameron cheering, rest assured we will be in full Duke regalia cheering on every play from our living room. We will celebrate when we win, and cry when we lose -- but, we know we get them next time.
    Go Duke!!!!!!

In person:
    JJ's ACC Title Game performances in 03 and 06
    71-70 in 05
    Dockery > VT
    Redick's 41 v. Texas

On the TV:
    The Maryland experience in 01: Gone in 60 seconds, Nate's tip-in, 17-39 turns into 95-84. Unreal.
    Dahntay's Push-Ups.
    Anytime we beat UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Wow, what a great recap! I almost got teary eyed reading this.
    Welcome aboard Cdog923!

some advise

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog923 View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been a huge Duke fan for many years now (first college BBall game I can remember was the '90 title game against UNLV...I was 5. I picked the Blue Devils because I didn't like the "showboat" antics of the Rebels). 18 years later, I'm still a huge fan. It's great to finally find a place to talk about the Devils with other fans.

Anyways, to turn this into more of an on-topic thread rather than a lame introduction, here's a question for you guys: what is your favorite non-title moment in Duke history? Take out '91, '92 and '01. Mine has to be Capel's OT shot against UNC @ CIS in '95. I can't count the number of times I (tried) recreating that shot in my driveway back in the day.
    hi, long time fan and first time poster, im a long time fan and long time poster, just wanna give u some advise:
    1. make sure u spell all players names correctly; otherwise some posters will have no idea who your talking about or say that duke doesnt have that player on the team.
    2. fully spell out you and your, otherwise some posters will point u out on it.
    3. be civil, otherwise u will get a red card by jumbo
    4. enjoy the board.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan View Post
    To Chrishoke .. thanks for the update; if you can somehow get that HEYMAN pic on here, please .... BRING IT. It was a prize possession of mine, as a HS soph in Greensboro. I'm sure it got thrown out after I made my break for CA. I haven't seen it for over 30 years.
    Get that picture ! ( please...) Thanks
    Devil Dan,
    I now have that picture in a PDF file. If someone can tell me how to post it in a reply, I'd be glad to do so.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

To Chrishoke: You are the MAN. Will stand by for that pic. Thanks, DD

Jeff Mullins

This is easy for me...I was glad to see someone else brought up Jeff Mullins. Mr. Mullins and I share the same first name. You know how you look back and remember things but can't associate the time they happened? I've concluded that the first thing in my life that I can remember was a Duke game in Durham in early 1964 with Jeff Mullins playing. I was 3 years old and my mother kept telling me, "Jeff scored again!" - man, that was the coolest! I never forgot that moment but couldn't remember when it was until I was surfing the men's BB stats and realized that Mr. Mullins graduated in 1964, making me 3 and cementing my status as a Duke fan for life. I had the honor of shaking Jeff's hand at the Blue-White game last year. All I could muster was, "You're still my favorite Duke player of all time." He was very gracious and replied, "Thank you...Thank you, very much".

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    How about Jay Williams' 10 points (...or was it 11) in 61 seconds to beat Maryland at College Park? And...soooo many more.

Welcome to the best website on the planet! GO DUKE!
    That's my second favorite. It was especially great because I went to high school (well, middle school then) in maryland, and so everyone was an obnoxious terp fan.

but my favorite to this day is dockery's shot. i don't even need to describe it. you know.