Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lawson is NBA ready!

Who's going to make the first drUNC joke? Not me, that's for sure.

Wasn't Redick's DUI almost exactly around the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius07 View Post
    Who's going to make the first drUNC joke? Not me, that's for sure.

Wasn't Redick's DUI almost exactly around the same time?
    At least J.J. was old enough to drink! Geez Tequila Ty.

Drinking after driving?

I wonder if Ty will mention this on his myspace page.

Not a First Offense?

Interestingly, the article also suggests he was charged with driving on a revoked or suspended license (but does not say why it was revoked). That is much more of a red flag to me. Many people can make a mistake. Lawson just made his second and he is only 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymf7 View Post
    Interestingly, the article also suggests he was charged with driving on a revoked or suspended license (but does not say why it was revoked). That is much more of a red flag to me. Many people can make a mistake. Lawson just made his second and he is only 20.
    It hasn't been released why his license was suspended or revoked, but he did get a speeding ticket in 2007 according to the DMV, so perhaps he didn't show up to court or something. Also, you need to renew your license at 20 (right?) in North Carolina, so it's also possible he just didn't go to renew it.

First the pictures of Hans-sucks-at-life jumping off of the SAE house...then Tequila Ty (thanks ugadevil-nice name) with drinking and driving while both underage...so high quality kids on the unc team - they will fit in perfectly in the NBA. claim all they want that it was a "mistake" but it just shows the true colors of UNC - red flags

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    First the pictures of Hans-sucks-at-life jumping off of the SAE house...then Tequila Ty (thanks ugadevil-nice name) with drinking and driving while both underage...so high quality kids on the unc team - they will fit in perfectly in the NBA. claim all they want that it was a "mistake" but it just shows the true colors of UNC - red flags
    I feel awfully dirty sticking up for UNC, but you must not have heard the one about glass houses and throwing stones...

I bet he also had a few MAI TY's in addition to his TYQUILA...

Draft Status

This could either drop him to the 2nd round or make Ol' Roy push him out the door. Or both.

Either way a bonehead move.

Wink A cheap lesson

If Ty Lawson makes it in the NBA, this will be a very cheap lesson -- if he learns it.

Also, what will it take for sanity to prevail vs. the drinking age? This is just nuts!

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by bdh21 View Post
    I feel awfully dirty sticking up for UNC, but you must not have heard the one about glass houses and throwing stones...
    bdh21, I'm with you on this as far as the underage drinking goes. It was just last week that our QB and a DB were caught in chapel hill for the same offense, although (fortunately) they weren't driving after drinking. But Ty's other charges - driving with a revoked license, driving after drinking (we don't know what he blew, I'll assume it was under the 0.8 level that those 21 and over are held to so I won't call it DWI), are far more serious, at least showing a severe lack of judgment.

Sounds to me like he'll need that NBA paycheck to pay his legal fees

Also, it sounds to me like at least one officer on the chapel hill police force has it in for athletes, regardless of school affiliation. I wonder if it is a personal thing or a directive for the entire force? Sounds to me like all athletes should stay the heck out of chapel hill. Ty, Danny and Wayne, it is time to get out of Dodge! Tyler, to bad you can't reconsider your decision not to go to the NBA; after all, you're old enough to be these guys, um, very older brother.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    This could either drop him to the 2nd round or make Ol' Roy push him out the door. Or both.

Either way a bonehead move.
    Come on guys. Get over it. JJ did the same thing around the same time. Guy was having fun and made a dumb move. I'm sure he's learned his lesson and nothing about Ty seems like he is a bad guy.

And it will probably not affect draft status and roy will ABSOLUTELY not push him out the door. Get a clue.

That being said, I love the mai ty jokes.

No! No, no, no, no!!!

Okay, I'm sorry but I work with kids and this is more than just a kid having a little fun and making a dumb move.

First off, the innocence of it stops when you get behind a wheel. I'm sorry, but it's nothing but stupid. You want to ask where the sanity of the situation is? Change DUI charges to attempted murder and then see how many people are stupid enough to get behind the wheel. Drinking and driving is nothing to simply brush off.

Second, and I'm sure I'll be in the minority here but underage drinking is out of hand. I know it used to be a college thing, then Seniors in high school did it on prom night, next it was happening at parties with all the kids. Now, I deal with Middle Schoolers not only doing it but openly doing it. I mean doing it and then posting it online for the world to see. And these are good kids too.

So forgive me if I appear as Chicken Little. But this is a serious problem. Ty did it and I'm not throwing stones at their house, I'm throwing stones at everyone's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    So forgive me if I appear as Chicken Little. But this is a serious problem. Ty did it and I'm not throwing stones at their house, I'm throwing stones at everyone's house.
    That's more of what I'm getting at. Glass houses and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Okay, I'm sorry but I work with kids and this is more than just a kid having a little fun and making a dumb move.

First off, the innocence of it stops when you get behind a wheel. I'm sorry, but it's nothing but stupid. You want to ask where the sanity of the situation is? Change DUI charges to attempted murder and then see how many people are stupid enough to get behind the wheel. Drinking and driving is nothing to simply brush off.

Second, and I'm sure I'll be in the minority here but underage drinking is out of hand. I know it used to be a college thing, then Seniors in high school did it on prom night, next it was happening at parties with all the kids. Now, I deal with Middle Schoolers not only doing it but openly doing it. I mean doing it and then posting it online for the world to see. And these are good kids too.

Complaining about the problem of underage drinking is one thing. I completely agree with that. But making jokes about UNC and Lawson is another thing. People here get bent out of shape at UNC fans for making fun of Redick. Well, the same rule should apply when discussing Lawson.

There is nothing funny about drunk driving. Now, I don't know if he was drunk, or just had had drinks and because he's under 21 is breaking the law. In any case, it's not a laughing matter. But if people are going to complain about those that make jokess about Redick, then there shouldn't be jokes made about Lawson, either.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    IF he comes back, I hope the Crazies shower him with chants of D-U-I. He totally deserves the shame and ridicule.

This now makes Ty emminently qualified to be an assistant head coach for either the Holes or their minor league team in Charlotte (Bobcats).

I suspect you will hear from Deano fairly soon blasting the Chapel Hell police for profiling UNC athletes.

He wasn't charged with a DUI was he? I wonder which is considered worse, legally, driving while drinking or with license revoked?