Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    I just went and had two chick-fil-a sandwiches and some waffle fires for lunch earlier. I am still very full.
    waffle fires tastes like burning

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I love Honey's!
    They have good water.

if anyone's interested . . .

the owner of the franchise sent me $5 in gift certificates. Unfortunately, they're to McDonald's.

Thumbs down McD So. Style Chicken Sandwich

Came back from Durham last night - going back Fri - and stopped around 9pm in Black Mtn. and used my coupon for the McD Southern Style Chicken Sandwich.

First impression: ungenerous size. Talk about portion control all you want, but the first impression is that this thing is almost biscuit-sized. Remember the original McD plain hamburger? That's the bun size we're talking about here.

Taste impression: while it might be recognized as an imitation of the Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich, it was a poor imitation. Mine was not underdone in terms of raw chicken, but the coating was barely a shade over pale, as opposed to the nearly-browned "original". The taste wasn't quite there, either. Too mild, in terms of all flavors - not talking spicy. It was just bland. The pickles were pale and yellow too, not bright green.

Like most McD food - and I'll admit, I think they've improved a lot lately - it'll fill you, but you won't be thinking "boy was that good."

BTW their coffee, supposedly "premium" these days, was not fresh and probably not very good even when fresh.