Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tiger and Phil Paired First Two Rounds of U.S. Open

According to the link below, the top three ranked players in the world (Woods, Mickelson and Scott) will be paired the first two rounds of the U.S.Open next week. I believe that they will also televise the Saturday and Sunday rounds in prime time on the East coast.

http://www.pgatour.com/microsites/20...ap/index.html

gw67

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    According to the link below, the top three ranked players in the world (Woods, Mickelson and Scott) will be paired the first two rounds of the U.S.Open next week. I believe that they will also televise the Saturday and Sunday rounds in prime time on the East coast.

http://www.pgatour.com/microsites/20...ap/index.html

gw67
    I'm guessing those are the only 2 rounds Tiger will be playing, so they should squeeze all the ratings they can out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm guessing those are the only 2 rounds Tiger will be playing, so they should squeeze all the ratings they can out of it.
    You givin' odds on that?

I think Tiger may make the cut, but I don't expect too much more. Wasn't yesterday his first full round and even then he carted it?
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You givin' odds on that?
    No. I'm trying to reverse jinx as I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm expecting something similar to his return in 2006 after the loss of his father.

First off let me say that you should never, ever underestimate Tiger Woods. He is almost superhuman. However, realistically speaking, do you really think he can compete for the win given that he has played one round of golf in the last two months?

Maybe if it was a regular tour event, but we are talking about the US Open. I expect him to make the cut but that's about it.

I'll start a poll and see how everyone thinks Tiger will fare.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Phil Tiger. Tiger Tiger, Phil Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger. Phil Tiger Tiger? Tiger Tiger Phil Tiger Tiger Tiger!

Shocking fact of the day: 154 golfers at this year's U.S. Open will be neither Tiger Woods nor Phil Mickelson.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Shocking fact of the day: 154 golfers at this year's U.S. Open will be neither Tiger Woods nor Phil Mickelson.
    And 152 of them won't have a chance come Sunday. And I doubt that Phil will, either.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com