sex and the city

ok guys fess up how many of you have or will have to go see this with your wife/gf? (slowly raises hand...) saw it today with wife and actually thought it was pretty good, now i must go watch some sports to redeem myself...

Well, I'll probably go see it with my girlfriend. Hope my husband doesn't get jealous!

I was a fan of (at least some of the seasons of) the show, and my wife was more of a fan. But given the RT score, I don't think we'll bother.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I was a fan of (at least some of the seasons of) the show, and my wife was more of a fan. But given the RT score, I don't think we'll bother.
    Sign me up for the backlash backlash.

Saw it tonight. It was a LOT better than I thought it would be, but then, I had really low expectations.

(Aside: I've seen most episodes of the show and liked it in general, but bear in mind that I always viewed it differently than most. I saw it as a story about three intelligent, beautiful professional women and the ugly, unlikeable friend they had to follow around.)

So, as someone who detests the character Carrie Bradshaw, I must admit the filmmakers did a bang-up job minimizing her most annoying qualities. The pacing, tone, and storylines are very similar (maybe too similar) to how the show ended on HBO. If this sounds like I'm saying that making this film was unnecessary, then maybe that's what I'm saying.

It works well, and covers all its bases, but it's extraneous.

My girlfriends and I drank a few cosmos last night before going to the movie and had an absolute blast!! It was a great girls' night out. The movie was a lot of fun.

From what I saw at the movies last week, NO men are going to see Sex and the City, and the women were dressing up to see it.
    No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    My girlfriends and I drank a few cosmos last night before going to the movie and had an absolute blast!! It was a great girls' night out. The movie was a lot of fun.
    ABSOLUTELY!! Excellent night. Bar was packed beforehand with cosmos being served left and right. Theater was completely sold out, and probably one of the best theater going experiences of my life. I don't know, however, if the 8 men in the 300 some person theater felt the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    From what I saw at the movies last week, NO men are going to see Sex and the City, and the women were dressing up to see it.
    You have to be careful, though, to not wear your newest Manolo's, because they might stick to the floor. ICK!
    Or maybe you could wear them to the bar, and then trade them out for the pair of flip flops you had stashed in your LV.

(this is only semi tongue in cheek, sadly.)

Had to go see it in Chelsea with the wife, her best guy friend, and his boyfriend.

Honestly it wasn't bad at all. And holy CHRIST there were a LOT of good looking women in the audience... which was great, because I was well dressed and looked good and so they assumed I was another Chelsea boy, so I chatted them up all night The wife knew that was the price she had to pay.

To be honest it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the show when I saw it (more a Band of Brothers kind of guy) and the movie was pretty much in line with the show. I've never understood the Big thing tho; he just seems like a distant prick to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    because I was well dressed and looked good and so they assumed I was another Chelsea boy, so I chatted them up all night
    That's hysterical!
    No soup for you!

My manliness took a beating just reading this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    My manliness took a beating just reading this thread...
    I was doing fine on the manliness until I read your post, and then I snapped into my senses. What was I thinking?
    Luckily(?), my girlfriend and I broke up so I don't have to see this. I'll admit though, if the right lady comes around I'll go see. Sigh.

Fortunately my wife isn't a fan of the show, so i've been spared. I do like a lot of chick flicks (like most Hugh Grant movies), but this is one movie I probably wouldn't have gone to.