Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Few Requested Refinements

From your input, I've done (or at least attempted) a few changes:

1. When you post your first message and thereafter for a while, you're a "Member" - no more of that "Junior Member" crap.

2. You should be able to post an image in your signature but do it as an [IMG] function not HTML, which won't work. Try to keep your image in your sig small, if you would. We're holding back on avatars for the time being.

3. I've increased the posts per page from 10 to 20, so I hope that helps.

I really want to express my incredible thanks (and relief) for the universally positive comments we've received by this change. We always want to do what's best for this site and your reading of it (and we've shared so many of your concerns and frustrations). Thank you for your patience through this transition, and we're grateful that our speeding up of the process has been so warmly received.

Talking

Thank you Boswell. It's wonderful to have someone so dedicated running this site. I love Duke Basketball Report. I can't even imagine going through a day without visiting your website.

KUDOS!!

You've totally earned it, Bos.

Talking

Thanks once again! We all feel like kids in a candy store today with the new board system up and going!

Thumbs up

I'll miss seeing Jason Evans listed as "Junior Member"

Love the new board; I've read DBR for many years but have rarely posted because I never wanted to take the time to figure out the blasted format (odd, considering i was a daily reader).

Well done, gentlemen.

s.i.

Once again I'll say great job! My productivity at work has taken a big hit today (it wasn't that impressive to start with).

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

Awesome!

I wonder whether we can do something fun with the user designations. Also, how about a category in our profile specifically for any Duke affiliations? "Trinity 'XX", "Fuqua 'YY", that kind of thing.

I asked Boswell that a little while ago. He said yes, moderators can change the byline under a screen name. I'll help you out as soon as I figure out how to do my own.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Boswell and the DBR staff... there is absolutely no need to thank US... in fact, we are the ones to be thanking you folks... and even apologizing for some of demands and impatience while you folks were dedicatedly trying to improve this site... and, you did WONDERS. This is just GREAT.

Ah, this is more like it.

I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Jumbo clearly has, though, because his byline says "moderator." How'd you do it, Jumbo?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Update

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Awesome!

I wonder whether we can do something fun with the user designations. Also, how about a category in our profile specifically for any Duke affiliations? "Trinity 'XX", "Fuqua 'YY", that kind of thing.
    As requested, I've added a new line in User Profiles for "Duke Affiliation" - class year, a parent, an employee, etc... Just go to "Quick Links," then "Edit Profile."
    Last edited by Boswell; 02-27-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Yes, thank you very much for your hard work!!! I am fairly new to the board, but I love this format, it so much easier to work with then the other one......GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Jumbo clearly has, though, because his byline says "moderator." How'd you do it, Jumbo?
    Go to the moderator link I emailed you, sign in, click on "Users" on the left side, then "Search for Users." Do a search for yourself and then you can change and save your User Title.

Thanks for all the hard work guys. This really is the best Duke site out there on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post
    I'll miss seeing Jason Evans listed as "Junior Member"

s.i.
    Really though, how long would that have lasted anyhow? A day? An hour?

I have a question - what's the deal with the "group memberships" that I see in profiles. Is a group something a mod would create, i.e. the Official Paulus Fanclub, and they send out mass private messages or something to anyone that wants to be a part of this group? Just curious how that feature works.

Great job!

How do you set up an IMG function so that your image shows? Mine is only showing the link to the photo.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Thanks

You guys rock!