Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I want both!!!

I would love to have Josh Hairston. I know that he is 2 years away but I like have a very athletic power forward. For Defense! I don't know if this is a fair but I think that Josh could be the Shane Battier type. I would like to see a 4 that will go block shots. That will create alot of fast break plays!!!

Shot Blocking

Quote Originally Posted by bleeddukeblue View Post
    I would love to have Josh Hairston. I know that he is 2 years away but I like have a very athletic power forward. For Defense! I don't know if this is a fair but I think that Josh could be the Shane Battier type. I would like to see a 4 that will go block shots. That will create alot of fast break plays!!!
    Would love to have a Battier type to block shots and hit some big shots as well. Wouldn't mind a shot blocking 5 either.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Wouldn't mind a shot blocking 5 either.
    Personally, I'd love to see us get a shot-blocking 1. I mean, who else has one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Personally, I'd love to see us get a shot-blocking 1. I mean, who else has one of those?
    We could have if Livingston had arrived on campus for one year!

Signs?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Have your welcome signs ready and visible at the Navy game!
    CB&B, exactly what should the signs say? I'm well known around here for having little tact and being crass. So it's probably best I didn't think up anything witty to make on a sign. But if someone can come up with some cool sign ideas I'll be more than willing to make a few.

Yes, but...

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    And Plumlee 2.0.
    Lol, but considering he signed first he probably deserves the 1.0.

Either way, I'm just glad I don't have to keep reading the Coach K can't recruit and the Ol' Roy is eating his lunch posts.

Actually, Plumlee 2.0 hasn't signed anything.

Forgive my ignorance, but is this Hairston kid related in any way to the world famous "Happy" Hairston, who played for the Lakers way back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but is this Hairston kid related in any way to the world famous "Happy" Hairston, who played for the Lakers way back in the day?
    I aksed this question some months ago, and don't think I ever received an answer. If I did, I missed it. I would like to know -- Hairston isn't that common a name, and the age would be about right.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I aksed this question some months ago, and don't think I ever received an answer. If I did, I missed it. I would like to know -- Hairston isn't that common a name, and the age would be about right.
    Josh isn't his son and it doesn't appear he'd be a nephew because both of Happy's sisters live in LA. Happy did pass away (2001) at the age of 58 with prostrate cancer (rest in peace).

The link below lists his family members and also a little about Happy.
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...rssnyt&emc=rss

Josh Hairston visit

Coming for an official visit this weekend. I'm pretty excited because he has said if everything goes perfect he could committ as early as during his visit. This would be huge, IMO.

Also, he's a big fan of Singler and looks forward to playing against him on Sat in a pickup game. Respects Kyle's game and wants to learn from him. All encouraging news.

How do you know this (particularly the second part)? Are you from Spotsylvania?

Don't want to get in trouble with the 'Mods' or anyone else, but it was a direct quote from Josh. He's also played against KB and Mason and said they had a great time.

Note to mods.

Can we change the thread title so that Hairston's name is spelled correctly?

Basic courtesy.

Thanks.

Much obliged.

16. they come from a premium article on the DI rivals board.

can you not say that on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by duke5021 View Post
    they come from a premium article on the DI rivals board.

can you not say that on this board?
    If you want to say it, I guess you can but know that you are most likely violating the agreement you have with the DevilInsider folks to not use their premium information elsewhere. It is, as far as I know, no concern of DBR that you do this but I think it is possible you open yourself up to a lawsuit or at least to having your premium membership revoked if you spread other site's paid-for info here.

--Jason "I am not a lawyer, but I play one on the DBR sometimes" Evans

Never heard of Devil Insider, much less subscribe. Actually from an article in the local paper, print version.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If you want to say it, I guess you can but know that you are most likely violating the agreement you have with the DevilInsider folks to not use their premium information elsewhere. It is, as far as I know, no concern of DBR that you do this but I think it is possible you open yourself up to a lawsuit or at least to having your premium membership revoked if you spread other site's paid-for info here.

--Jason "I am not a lawyer, but I play one on the DBR sometimes" Evans
    Not a case I'd want to take. Damages are all but impossible to prove, and such agreements run afoul of the spirit of basic public policy, starting with the First Amendment, that encourages widespread dissemination of information.

Any difference in this thread and "Hairston's Visit" thread on page 2?

C'mon mod's.......