Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Josh Hairston recruitment

read the article on the front page and:
    i say we offer him and lock him up now it sounds like he would commit
    i know someone that goes to school wiht him and he said he would probably commit if he got offered

he did well in TOC also:

"Big man Joshua Hairston is as polished of a power forward as you'll find in the 2010 class. The 6-foot-7 forward can go inside and out with the best of them. He was strong all weekend and made plays when he needed to. It's easy to see why nearly all of the big-time programs in the Big East and ACC are spending as much time as they can recruiting him."

Quote Originally Posted by dukefan47 View Post
    read the article on the front page and:
    i say we offer him and lock him up now it sounds like he would commit
    i know someone that goes to school wiht him and he said he would probably commit if he got offered

he did well in TOC also:

"Big man Joshua Hairston is as polished of a power forward as you'll find in the 2010 class. The 6-foot-7 forward can go inside and out with the best of them. He was strong all weekend and made plays when he needed to. It's easy to see why nearly all of the big-time programs in the Big East and ACC are spending as much time as they can recruiting him."

I too was intrigued by the article on the front page. I like the fact that Duke doesn't go after kids until later in their HS careers but if this kid is that legit, it can't hurt to take a look at him. Given the amount of programs that are chasing him, we might have to move in quick. Very interesting.

Hey, if we can give Dave McClure a scholarship, can't hurt to lock this kid up. Worst case scenario, you'll have a 6'8 versatile role player.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I too was intrigued by the article on the front page. I like the fact that Duke doesn't go after kids until later in their HS careers but if this kid is that legit, it can't hurt to take a look at him. Given the amount of programs that are chasing him, we might have to move in quick. Very interesting.
    but if we want him we need to offer him this summer because he said he will commit at the start of his junior year

Not that this necessarily means anything, but he isn't even ranked on scout.com. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    The article said we were already "looking" at him.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Not that this necessarily means anything, but he isn't even ranked on scout.com. Just sayin.

The article said we were already "looking" at him.
    FWIW:

1. Scout has ranked only the Top 15 in the Class of 2010; Rivals only the Top 10, and no, Hairston is not on either list.

2. Obviously, it's early to evaluate fairly the class of 2010, just completing their sophomore year. Michael Jordan, for example, had just finished his season playing on the Jayvee team

3. Hairston sounds like a very good prospect, and has serious interest and reported offers from Georgetown and Ohio State, for example.

4. Didn't DeMarcus Nelson "commit" to Duke at this point? Wasn't it after his team participated in the Bob Gibbons tournament his sophomore year, and DeMarcus came over and talked with Coach K?

5. It's the off-season; gives us something to talk about while we fill out our 2011 lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    4. Didn't DeMarcus Nelson "commit" to Duke at this point? Wasn't it after his team participated in the Bob Gibbons tournament his sophomore year, and DeMarcus came over and talked with Coach K?
    Yes. From what I remember, Redick was locked up very, very early in his junior year too - September, or maybe early October.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    DeMarcus: "believed to be the earliest basketball commitment at Duke ... verbally committed to the Blue Devils in May of 2002, a week before the end of his sophomore year of high school"

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...&ATCLID=152123

i think we need to start offering players over the summer for 2010
    i know we are still working on 09 big time but many schools have already offered a few kids and have a commitment from 1...
    just my thoughts...

but if we want him we need to offer him this summer because he said he will commit at the start of his junior year
    not neccesarly because he would just give a verbal he can't sign his loi yet

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    It doesn't mean anything.
    Rest assured, he's one of the top recruits in his class (2010).
    Since he has joined DC Assault (last year at Vegas), his team has lost only one tournament (at the King James Classic in scenic Akron, against The Family (MI) and Coach Wojciechowski was sitting about three rows over with Frank Heith and Fernandez).

John Thompson and his assistant David Cox (a former DC Assault coach) are all over the three big prospects on that AAU team (Thornton, Atkins, and Hairston).

Does anyone know, is Josh Hairston related to the Hairston line of ML Baseball players? (Grandfather Sam, Jerry, and Jerry Jr., among others.)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Does anyone know, is Josh Hairston related to the Hairston line of ML Baseball players? (Grandfather Sam, Jerry, and Jerry Jr., among others.)
    How about Happy?

Hairston Offered!!

2010 PF Josh Hairston was offered during his visit today per scout

link

Dawk

Dawkins too.

2010 PF Josh Hairston was offered during his visit today per scout

link
    The question is how did he like his visit?

http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by -jk; 06-26-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: tidying up

So we have offered two in 2010 so far?

Which leaves us with 3 more to offer if Kyle doesn't leave.

So what

The news is when someone actually shows up on East Campus and, eventually, makes a few baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Inonehand View Post
    The news is when someone actually shows up on East Campus and, eventually, makes a few baskets.
    Speaking of which, any on-campus sightings of Olek Czyz, Miles Plumlee, and Elliot Williams? Seems to me they were going to enroll in a summer school session starting about this time.

I don't know anything about Hairston. What kind of player is he? Is he more of a SF or PF? I see that he's also been offered by other great programs. According to this article, he's expected to make a decision by November (sorry if this has been linked in the past): http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...5292008/383285
    Last edited by -jk; 06-26-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: tidying thread