Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Shamm and Earl's BIG ADVENTURE!

For my Father's Day present, my wife is sponsoring a weekend trip (this weekend) to Chattanooga, along with my bud Earljam. This is to be a boy's weekend. We are leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday.

We are two white males, mid (me) to late (him) 30s. I am married with child. Earljam is single, and as far as we know childless.

Suggestions from the Board for our weekend activities???

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    For my Father's Day present, my wife is sponsoring a weekend trip (this weekend) to Chattanooga, along with my bud Earljam. This is to be a boy's weekend. We are leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday.

We are two white males, mid (me) to late (him) 30s. I am married with child. Earljam is single, and as far as we know childless.

Call ahead and warn Chattanooga?

Seriously, have a great time. I know nothing about Chattanooga but I'm sure you'll find lots of fun things to do.

See Rock City

If you hear "Dueling Banjo's" playing in your vicinity, run...run like the wind. No but seriously, you should visit the football stadium there, home of ASU's 3 peat of championships Thats the only place I've been int Chatt.

Six beers, four dogs at the Lookout's game - $16.00
    Six more beers, fresh trout & hushpuppies at Willie's - $36.00
    Admission to Holy Moe's for 80's Hair Metal bands - $8.00
    Six more beers and two shots of something - $30.00
    Bailed out of the Chattanooga Jail for doing THAT! - $250

Memories of Sky, Amber and the leather pain thingy - Priceless.

-EJ

Question Ideas

Do I sense an upcoming DBR post frenzy?

Hilary Swank movie-thon?

Dollywood?

Fishing?

The two of you with your nightmares? Oy!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I like things!

It is a bit of a drive (about an hour), but I strongly suggest going to Ocoee River for some white water rafting. It is where they did the kayaking and such for the ATL Olympics. There is a damn where they release water (pretty much daily) to ensure you get a pretty good white water experience. My brother and I went in April and had a blast. Here is who we used.

http://www.raft.com/

Not sure with just 2 people (we had a raft full who went), but they did a good job of tailoring the experience to our level (had gone before but weren't experts). The guide would do something and ask... more or less next time? So we had a bunch of fun. With only 2, you may be stuck with people with less of a taste for... adventure... river water in their faces, noses, and mouths... call it what you will.

Regardless of what you do, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    It is a bit of a drive (about an hour), but I strongly suggest going to Ocoee River for some white water rafting. It is where they did the kayaking and such for the ATL Olympics. There is a damn where they release water (pretty much daily) to ensure you get a pretty good white water experience. My brother and I went in April and had a blast. Here is who we used.

http://www.raft.com/

Not sure with just 2 people (we had a raft full who went), but they did a good job of tailoring the experience to our level (had gone before but weren't experts). The guide would do something and ask... more or less next time? So we had a bunch of fun. With only 2, you may be stuck with people with less of a taste for... adventure... river water in their faces, noses, and mouths... call it what you will.

Regardless of what you do, have fun!
    Second that. We used the Nantahala Outdoor Company and they were great too. That whole area is beautiful and folks are really into adventure trips - skydiving, horseback riding, hiking, it's great.

Just don't lose your wedding ring in the Ocoee or your wife will be really mad, especially if she had told you repeatedly that it was too big and needed to be re-sized!! (not that this actually happened to us or anything...)

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Second that. We used the Nantahala Outdoor Company and they were great too. That whole area is beautiful and folks are really into adventure trips - skydiving, horseback riding, hiking, it's great.

Just don't lose your wedding ring in the Ocoee or your wife will be really mad, especially if she had told you repeatedly that it was too big and needed to be re-sized!! (not that this actually happened to us or anything...)
    Already did that once (too.) At Whitewater; a water park in Marietta.

I'm not too familiar with the area so I can't help there, but I'm pretty sure you need to get a limo for the weekend.

Let me get this straight, Shamm, your wife's gift to you for Father's Day, is to ship you out of town? With EARLJAM?? Man, that's harsh... then again, it's better than sending you by yourself, saying, "Earljam will keep me company."

I understand that Chattanooga has a vertical train/tram thing -- I've always wanted to check it out, but never had enough motivation to head there from Nashville.

I get a weird sense that you and EJ are gonna come back from the trip, and fill the board up with weird inside jokes. Like, "you can't reheat french fries in the microwave," only more obscure. I'm looking forward to it.

Already did that once (too.) At Whitewater; a water park in Marietta.
    I went to Whitewater last week. I'm now on anti-biotics.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I'm not too familiar with the area so I can't help there, but I'm pretty sure you need to get a limo for the weekend.
    No; can't do that. We will be WAY too drunk to hire a limo.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Let me get this straight, Shamm, your wife's gift to you for Father's Day, is to ship you out of town? With EARLJAM?? Man, that's harsh... then again, it's better than sending you by yourself, saying, "Earljam will keep me company."

I understand that Chattanooga has a vertical train/tram thing -- I've always wanted to check it out, but never had enough motivation to head there from Nashville.

I get a weird sense that you and EJ are gonna come back from the trip, and fill the board up with weird inside jokes. Like, "you can't reheat french fries in the microwave," only more obscure. I'm looking forward to it.

You should come on down...

You should come on down...
    Will Colonel MacKenzie be going with you? If so, I'm coming!

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Will Colonel MacKenzie be going with you? If so, I'm coming!
    Who is Colonel MacKenzie?

(and are you a hot female, like DevilAlumna? If so, c'mon down!!!)

(or up, if you are in GA.)

No; can't do that. We will be WAY too drunk to hire a limo.
    Wait - you're going to be too drunk to pick up a phone to hire a limo and yet you're thinking of going white water rafting?? Which object comes next in this series...

Who is Colonel MacKenzie?

(and are you a hot female, like DevilAlumna? If so, c'mon down!!!)

(or up, if you are in GA.)

I thought your avatar was Catherine Bell from the TV show, Jag?
    Bell played the role of Colonel MacKenzie.

So guys, how was the weekend?