View Poll Results: "Cougars" - Define them

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Older but desperate women

3 7.50%
  • Older but sexy and desirable women

25 62.50%
  • Older women who should be avoided at all cost (e.g. crazy)

5 12.50%
  • Older but worth a one-nighter?

5 12.50%
  • Older but hey, I could spend my life with one.

2 5.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"Cougars" - Define them

Women who date significantly younger men, or, Cougars. How do you define them?

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Older women out on the prowl for younger men. Some people count any older woman out on the prowl but I only count those who go after younger men.

What brought up this poll? Did you have some sort of encounter with one at a bar tonight?

What brought up this poll? Did you have some sort of encounter with one at a bar tonight?
    Oh, it was an encounter, but it wasn't at a bar.

I'm gonna have to go with Older but sexy and desirable women. I think the definition has to include that they're going after younger men, where younger is an exclusive distinction. If there was an "All of the above" I would've gone with that.

What do you call a guy who is obviously making himself known and available to Cougars?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I'm gonna have to go with Older but sexy and desirable women. I think the definition has to include that they're going after younger men, where younger is an exclusive distinction. If there was an "All of the above" I would've gone with that.

What do you call a guy who is obviously making himself known and available to Cougars?
    A deer in the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Ashton.

definition of a cougar

The definition of a cougar according to the legendary-one himself... Barney Stinson:

"A cougar is an attractive, sex-crazed, middle-aged woman, usually found prowling airport bars and smoky pool halls in search of nubile flesh. Look around you: most likely there's one training her eyes on you right now. She's a predator, a vicious carnivore looking to feed before continuing on her ferocious way, and that's the most beautiful part of the majestic cougar: her unflagging desire to move on after a mauling. Clearly, this is an advanced species."

Excerpt taken from Barney's blog entry on cougars.

Shouldn't you have "Earljam" as a poll option?

EJ, how many of the 6,542 attractive women you saw at Turner Field the other day were cougars?

I've threatned to do an NCAA tournament bracket of women over 40 before (regions would be Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads and Minorities). You're tempting me to finally throw this together... not like, say, Marcia Cross would tempt me or anything, you realize.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Oh, it was an encounter, but it wasn't at a bar.
    I was trying to keep things clean.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post

I've threatned to do an NCAA tournament bracket of women over 40 before (regions would be Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads and Minorities). You're tempting me to finally throw this together... not like, say, Marcia Cross would tempt me or anything, you realize.
    Hurry up then. I leave for Britain on 8 June and my posting will be severely curtailed for a few months (lucky for all of you!) so, if you wait much longer, I won't be able to participate.

What are men who date significantly younger women called? [please don't say lucky]

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    What are men who date significantly younger women called? [please don't say lucky]
    Dreamers

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    You beat to me to it...I was going to ask the same questions, knowing full well it isn't anything predatory or derogatory when the guy is much older than the girl.

(tongue in cheek, the correct answer is 'rich')

Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    You looking for famous women or DBR posters? Of course, it wouldn't be fair to have us compete against each other, so maybe you better stick to famous women.

How much younger gets you Cougar status anyway? I'm married, happily so most of the time (hey, it's been almost 17 years, we have our moments) but if I weren't, I don't think I'd qualify as a Cougar. Whereas I appreciate the aesthetics, I couldn't see myself doing anything with a 20-something. Let's put it this way, at work I have a 20-something friend who is a big hockey fan. She thinks Sidney Crosby is the sexiest male athlete ever. Me? I've got to give it to Mark Messier, still. Plus I have a 14 year-old son, I would never want to feel like some guy's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    You looking for famous women or DBR posters? Of course, it wouldn't be fair to have us compete against each other, so maybe you better stick to famous women.
    I only personally know one female 40+ DBR poster. And she seems happily married.

People seem interested in this, so I'll toss out the 1-seeds: Nicole Kidman (40), Courtney Cox (43), Diane Lane (43) and Janet Jackson (42). Raquel Welch (67) gets a 16-seed in the Redhead bracket as a lifetime achievement award.

I only personally know one female 40+ DBR poster. And she seems happily married.

People seem interested in this, so I'll toss out the 1-seeds: Nicole Kidman (40), Courtney Cox (43), Diane Lane (43) and Janet Jackson (42). Raquel Welch (67) gets a 16-seed in the Redhead bracket as a lifetime achievement award.
    Too bad Catherine Zeta Jones misses the cutoff by a few months (born September 1969). She'd win, hands down.

People seem interested in this, so I'll toss out the 1-seeds: Nicole Kidman, Courtney Cox, Diane Lane and Janet Jackson.
    I'm not sure about the seeding yet, but I'll throw in: Demi Moore, Madonna, Pamela Anderson, Rachel Griffiths.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Sheryl Crow, Madonna, Tina Turner, Julia Roberts just turned 40, I think.

Ellen Barkin, Holly Hunter, Kyra Sedgwick, Helen Mirren, Diana Rigg.

Cheryl Miller, Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill.

Iman, Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, Cheryl Tiegs.

There's a few for you.

Oh and Jaclyn Smith, who should win, have you seen her lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sheryl Crow, Madonna, Tina Turner, Julia Roberts just turned 40, I think.

Ellen Barkin, Holly Hunter, Kyra Sedgwick, Helen Mirren, Diana Rigg.

Cheryl Miller, Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill.

Iman, Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, Cheryl Tiegs.

There's a few for you.

Oh and Jaclyn Smith, who should win, have you seen her lately?
    Jaclyn Smith and Sheryl Crow. GOOD ONES!

-EJ