Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).

Criminal Minds (Warning - Possibility of Spoilers in Thread)

Did anyone see the season finale of Criminal Minds tonight? If so, what did you think of the ending? And who do you think it might be?

No idea

I tried to tell by the angle of the camera and the position of the truck, but I think it's just gonna be one of those WTF? moments until we start to hear rumors about whose contract wasn't renewed or who is leaving the show.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Did anyone see the season finale of Criminal Minds tonight? If so, what did you think of the ending? And who do you think it might be?
    The way they set up the final shots, it was predictable. Yawn!

Jury is out as to who bites. Any thoughts on who has expressed a desire to not return to the show? If nothing, then whoever was in the SUV will survive. Hey, it's Hollywood, they can revive a character in ways we mere mortals can only dream about.

My guess....

is, if they go with the obvious, then it would have to be Shemar Moore (plays Derek Morgan on the show). They were hinting all episode about him possibly getting a promotion and taking over for the FBI lady (can't remember her name), so it seems like to me that they were leading up to him leaving the show in some form or another. But I have heard no rumors about contract(unlike CSI, grrr they are losing all of their core characters!) disputes, etc. Maybe Prentiss? Not sure how the fans have taken to her since she replaced the character from the first season. I really hope its not one of the core characters. If they off Reid, I will probably stop watching. Just my 2 cents.

Just popped into my head....

It could have been Will, the father of JJ's baby. I know, totally depressing since he just gave up his career to be with her and their kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    It could have been Will, the father of JJ's baby. I know, totally depressing since he just gave up his career to be with her and their kid...
    I don't think he got in the car. I thought the scene with JJ was him closing the door as SHE got in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    I don't think it is Will because he was seen outside of the truck that JJ was getting into.

Morgan, as you mentioned in your preceding post, might be the one as they seemed to be hinting at something with him. Or perhaps that was simply misdirection? Maybe it isn't a main character but that British girl thus leading to Morgan perhaps taking over the NY office for a little while (I can see him coming back to the BAU). I was thinking that maybe this is what happens because Moore is filming a movie or something. That way they could get him off the BAU briefly only to have him return once the movie was filmed.

I also read something on the web that said the character was only injured (this came from a producer or a writer), albeit badly (how could anyone survive an explosion like that???) so maybe nobody is leaving and they are simply going to be off camera for a bit (perhaps while filming a movie or while A.J. Cook is on maternity leave).

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I don't think he got in the car. I thought the scene with JJ was him closing the door as SHE got in the car.
    It was JJ who got into the car (she my preceding post).

Good eyes, apparently I'm the only one who whiffed on that detail. I would rather it be the FBI lady than lose someone like Reid. He's by far my fav on the show, especially now that Gideon is gone.

I hope it isn't Derek or Garcia or Reed.

Are we sure it was just one car?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I hope it isn't Derek or Garcia or Reed.

Are we sure it was just one car?
    It seemed to be. And I'm pretty sure it was a car with just one person in it so it can't be Reed or Garcia because, as far as I remember, they were in a car together.

I watched the ending multiple times last night to see if I could figure anything out.

Garcia and Reed were not in the car together.

It appeared the car that blew up was at a stop light, just adding more mystery. However, it did not look like a NYC stoplight, thus perhaps was not related to the scenes preceding that one. KIDDING about the NYC stoplight.

Has or can anyone else see the ending again?

Garcia and Reed were not in the car together.
    Sorry, I ad thought that they were, especially because they had both been at the office together.

Has or can anyone else see the ending again?
    Unfortunately I erased it from my PVR.

I still have it on my DVR. I watched it several times last night, and got no additional clues as to who was in the SUV that blew up. I reckon we'll just have to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4Ever32 View Post
    I reckon we'll just have to wait!
    For reasons such as this, I sometimes hate summer. Not that I want winter to come back anytime soon mind you.

Then again, I'm not sure if I am coming back from Britain. I might take a job over there and stay permenantly (I have citizenship so don't have to go through the whole application process). I can just come back to Canada when needed for meetings with my dissertation committee. If I do decide to stay there I probably won't get the new episodes right away as I think they are delayed over there. How much would that stink?!? Oh well, there is always the web...

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Unfortunately I erased it from my PVR.
    You might be able to watch it online. I think cbs.com has the show at their website.

You might be able to watch it online. I think cbs.com has the show at their website.
    I also have a few other sites that I use to watch shows online (one used to be excellent but was shut down - it is now back but isn't quite as good as it once was) but have other stuff to do today and am then on my way out of town for the weekend. I'll probably check it out again online when I get back Sunday night.

[QUOTE=TillyGalore;151457]I watched the ending multiple times last night to see if I could figure anything out.[QUOTE]
    I had been thinking as of late. If you were to watch it and perhaps try to catch a glimpse of the license plate, as well as any background stores/shops or signs, this would help possibly narrow down the list of suspected victim.

I also surfed online and there is a small blurb or ad that states that the team is looking for a gang of whatevers who critically injured a member of the BAU. With that possibility, who says someone HAS to die versus just get banged up.

I tried to look into the people who star on the show to see where contract negotiations. Shemat Moore may be a slight possibility as he is to start work on some movie somewhere.

All of this is heresay, rumor and second/third/fourth handed comments from insiders. So I am not sure how accurate it is.

Most online speculation seems to be that someone is severely injured instead of being killed, and according to this person who posted on the CBS site, we can eliminate 3 people as possibilities of being in the SUV that exploded:

Well, I have done my CSI thing and have positively excluded 3 members of the team. If you watch the explosion in slow mo, you will see that it is an older Chevy Suburban with the brand name in the bottom right corner of the tailgate. You will also see that it has vertical split rear tailgate, has a license plate ending in 4V1, and is in front of a stoplight with a one way sign, and a tall building with vertical slats on it, and nothing visible on the right side. These details exclude:

Prentiss- She is driving a newer Suburban with the bow-tie design on the center of the rear, and has a horizontal rear tailgate and a licence plate 968N2.

Reed-He is driving a GMC, when he crosses the front to get in, the front logo is clearly visible.

JJ-The hotel she is leaving is too close to the vehicle, it would have been in the shot along with Will, who had not even pulled his hand off of the passenger side door.

As far as the others, I am still going thru the footage, along with specs of Suburbans to figure out who it is, and will repost when I determine, although it would make sense for it to be Hotch, they never showed the vehicle he gets in, and if I were the producers, this is what I would have done with the victim, so that no fan with extra time on their hands (me) and a desperate hope that it is not Morgan could figure it out with any certainty. I will press on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4Ever32 View Post
    Most online speculation seems to be that someone is severely injured instead of being killed, and according to this person who posted on the CBS site, we can eliminate 3 people as possibilities of being in the SUV that exploded:

Well, I have done my CSI thing and have positively excluded 3 members of the team. If you watch the explosion in slow mo, you will see that it is an older Chevy Suburban with the brand name in the bottom right corner of the tailgate. You will also see that it has vertical split rear tailgate, has a license plate ending in 4V1, and is in front of a stoplight with a one way sign, and a tall building with vertical slats on it, and nothing visible on the right side. These details exclude:

Prentiss- She is driving a newer Suburban with the bow-tie design on the center of the rear, and has a horizontal rear tailgate and a licence plate 968N2.

Reed-He is driving a GMC, when he crosses the front to get in, the front logo is clearly visible.

JJ-The hotel she is leaving is too close to the vehicle, it would have been in the shot along with Will, who had not even pulled his hand off of the passenger side door.

As far as the others, I am still going thru the footage, along with specs of Suburbans to figure out who it is, and will repost when I determine, although it would make sense for it to be Hotch, they never showed the vehicle he gets in, and if I were the producers, this is what I would have done with the victim, so that no fan with extra time on their hands (me) and a desperate hope that it is not Morgan could figure it out with any certainty. I will press on though.
    Admirable research. My only thought is that this is Hollywood and switching vehicles to a cheaper model to blow up would not be unusual. Also, they might have blown up a miniture. Another thought is looking at the magnitude of the explosion it is hard to believe there would be a survivor, but, alas, it is Hollywood!