Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Five. Five.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    just wanted to poke my head in and promote Firehouse Subs. There's one near the Walmart in Durham. Their subs are excellent, and so is their selection of hot sauces.

Seems the closest location from me is in Vegas, but when you look up Nevada, it comes up with this odd location:
    Amen to Firehouse! I love the Hook & Ladder.

I've been to a Firehouse once (in Clemson) and think it was alright, but it's been a while. Out here, Togo's is a decent chain. I prefer the one-off sandwich shops such as Bay Cities (slightly pricey) and had some phenomenal sandwiches from a little place out somewhere in the valley recently (a friend brought them over). I heartily agree that Quiznos is overpriced and even think that Subway is as well, so often just make my own.

I still have a difficult time setting foot in a Quizno's store. They pretty much turned me off before I'd ever even been there with the rat spokesman ads, but they scarred me for life with the ad with the guy suckling a wolf. Nice idea for a commercial - make people equate your food product with "Ewwww. That's disgusting."

Anyway, Jimmy John's whups all the other big sandwich chains, as far as I'm concerned.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    just wanted to poke my head in and promote Firehouse Subs. There's one near the Walmart in Durham. Their subs are excellent, and so is their selection of hot sauces.

Seems the closest location from me is in Vegas, but when you look up Nevada, it comes up with this odd location:
    I was going to ask if anyone has had firehouse. They opened one up on Erwin Road in the new building across from Duke which also houses Chipotle, Dunkin Donuts, Noodles & Co (coming soon), and TGIFriday's. I haven't been there though, whenever we attempt to go, Chipotle calls my name.

"Ymmm... Carnitaaas and riiice with corn salsaaaa"