House Season Finale

Boy - that is not what I was expecting. I don't watch house for the tear jerker story - that was straight out of lifetime TV or the WE network
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

I dvr'ed last week's and we planned on watching it back-to-back, but my dvr broke last Saturdady @#$%!!! I ended up just bitorrenting that episode, and have yesterday's on my new dvr. I'll post here once I watch it tonight...

wow.. simply wow. my wife was in tears, great episodes. in hindsight i'm not sure if it was a good idea to watch the last two together (because promos for part 2 gave away so much about the 1st one), but that was an amazing way to finish the season. i had been semi-following House til now, but i'll have to tivo the old episodes on usa to catch up a little.

I love House and all...

Its one of my fav shows on TV right now, but they are kind of over using the whole "House's life is in danger and we're going to give him hallucinations/dreams and have a lot of the episode take place in his head" thing. I like it, but I just hope they don't rely on it too much. He's been shot and that whole episode ended up taking place in his head and now he nearly died in a bus crash and had hallucinations and fantasies for two episodes. Its intriguing in that we get to see more of what goes on up there, but still, don't make every season finale based on it. Also, I miss the old crew, they need to be back for next season. I just can't get into the new ones other than Kuttner (sp?). Kumar is hilarious but I miss the chemistry between House and company. Besides, he could use some old friends now that Wilson may hate him for a while.

the only show . .

. . . I really watch.

As for the writers overusing the hallucination/dream idea, I like how it's the only way into House's head, to know what he's really feeling. I love how the last scene with House and Amber (now that she's dead, I guess I can't call her Cutthroat anymore) on the bus shows what House really feels. How he considers that death might really be a preferable option to pain, misery, and the possible loss of his only friend. The great thing is that since it's a dream, the audience are the only ones to see this. The others still think he's just a miserable jerk. And it sets up the theme to begin the next season, Will Wilson ever forgive him? How will House react to losing his only friend?

I'm just afraid he's going to turn to Cuddy. Don't want to go there!

And did anyone else think King's Cross chapter from Deathly Hallows during the last "white" scene on the bus?

Change on '08

Anybody else notice the little political moment in the finale?

When 13 (or 31, "since you go both ways" according to House) was upset, she retreated to a toilet stall to think. She's sitting there when House's foot comes under the divider and nudges her.

"I have a wide stance" he tells her -- clearly poking fun an Senator Larry Craig's excuse for an episode when he tried to make a gay pickup in an airport restroom.

In itself, that's nothing ... but on the bathroom wall behind 13 was a bumper sticker: "Change in '08"

Now THAT was what caught my attention. Appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

When 13 (or 31, "since you go both ways" according to House) was upset, she retreated to a toilet stall to think. She's sitting there when House's foot comes under the divider and nudges her.

"I have a wide stance" he tells her -- clearly poking fun an Senator Larry Craig's excuse for an episode when he tried to make a gay pickup in an airport restroom.

In itself, that's nothing ... but on the bathroom wall behind 13 was a bumper sticker: "Change in '08"

I noticed that as well, and I suppose it's a clever way to promote a candidate without actually naming the person (would that be against FEC rules or something?). I found it to be inappropriate and in bad taste (like when the Simpsons kept pushing Al Gore in 2000), but this won't stop me from watching the show.

I did not notice the sticker. I was just waiting for the "wide stance" line when I saw House nudging his foot under the panel. It happened so fast but was really funny.
    Tom Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

If you think about it, they kind of slammed both sides in one scene. Putting the sticker in the bathroom stall and having House do his Craig impersonation. Which, by the way, was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    the only show. . . I really watch.
    Probably the best show on television, as far as I'm concerned. I only watch a couple of shows religiously live during the week, but House is definitely one of them.

The finale was excellent. I thought this was the most vulnerable that House has shown himself to be. The end part where he said he'd rather die than live in pain and the fear of Wilson hating him was something that you haven't seen out of House ever. I can't wait for next season to see how that all plays out. Also, will the original 3 (Chase, Cameron and Foreman) will continue to be part of the team as they continued to be this season, and if the new 3 will stick around.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

This is the only live-action show I watch new every week it comes on. My wife is to blame for the initial hook, but it's a really damn good show. And I'm pretty snotty when it comes to TV.

The note Amber left Wilson, God, that was brutal.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    The note Amber left Wilson, God, that was brutal.
    Would have saved everyone a lot of time if he'd read it in the previous episode, though.

I have mixed feelings about the last 2 episodes (the way I kind of do about all of the House season finales, when we seem to go inside his head), but I will graciously admit that this year was different in that not all the great acting moments went to Hugh Laurie. Love him, but it would be nice to see the rest of the cast get its due. For once.