View Poll Results: Who would win a fight to the death?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mace Windu

4 12.12%
  • Obi-wan Kenobi

2 6.06%
  • Luke Skywalker

4 12.12%
  • Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker

5 15.15%
  • Yoda

14 42.42%
  • Darth Maul (Double Light Saber!)

0 0%
  • Darth Sidius/The Emperor

1 3.03%
  • General Grevious

0 0%
  • Other (Describe)

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Wars Jedi Deathmatch!

(Note: this also includes the evil Sith, as a subset of the Jedi.)

Who would win a fight to the death among the following?

Assume a one-on-one style death match, with no considerations of good/evil, etc.

showing my gaming nerdage here

Revan

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    Revan

Is that a Star Wars character/Jedi? If not, not eligible!!!

I was tempted to go with Mace Windu but chose Yoda instead...though in recently watching all the star wars episodes on spike, one of the more frustrating scenes (among a lot of frustrating scenes) in Revenge of the Sith is the way Yoda just gives up and goes into exile after really battling to a draw with the Emperor...given vader was all burned up, Yoda and Obi Wan should have just gone back to finish off the emperor...sure it would have made for a tough transition to episode 4 but come on now..

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    I was tempted to go with Mace Windu but chose Yoda instead...though in recently watching all the star wars episodes on spike, one of the more frustrating scenes (among a lot of frustrating scenes) in Revenge of the Sith is the way Yoda just gives up and goes into exile after really battling to a draw with the Emperor...given vader was all burned up, Yoda and Obi Wan should have just gone back to finish off the emperor...sure it would have made for a tough transition to episode 4 but come on now..
    I went with Yoda as well; after seeing the scene in the second of the "new" Star Wars movies (who was he fighting?), you CANNOT not go with Yoda.

Yoda is supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I went with Yoda as well; after seeing the scene in the second of the "new" Star Wars movies (who was he fighting?), you CANNOT not go with Yoda.

Yoda is supreme.
    That was one of the truly good scenes in the new movies. I think he was fighting Count Duku (can't spell it the other way )

No love for Luke?

I'm casting a vote for him for old time's sake. Hey, brother didn't have CGI, didn't have a wire fighting team, had only one good hand, and *still* managed to save the galaxy!

Mace Windu was killed by the Emperor
    Obi-wan Kenobi was killed by Vader
    Luke Skywalker... is a wuss
    Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker.... killed by the Emperor
    Yoda... old age gets us all
    Darth Maul (Double Light Saber!)... killed by Obi-Wan
    Darth Sidius/The Emperor.... killed by Darth Vader
    General Grevious... killed by Obi-Wan
    Other (Describe)

The only logical choices would be either Yoda or Luke (considering all the others did in fact die in death matches with other Jedi/Sith). And clearly Yoda would beat Luke. So Yoda it is!

Is that a Star Wars character/Jedi? If not, not eligible!!!
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic video game... quite popular and part of the movie's history according to Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    Revan
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Mace Windu was killed by the Emperor
    Obi-wan Kenobi was killed by Vader
    Luke Skywalker... is a wuss
    Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker.... killed by the Emperor
    Yoda... old age gets us all
    Darth Maul (Double Light Saber!)... killed by Obi-Wan
    Darth Sidius/The Emperor.... killed by Darth Vader
    General Grevious... killed by Obi-Wan
    Other (Describe)

The only logical choices would be either Yoda or Luke (considering all the others did in fact die in death matches with other Jedi/Sith). And clearly Yoda would beat Luke. So Yoda it is!
    You're leaving out some important aspects. Mace may have been "killed" by the Emperor, but he was disarmed (heh) by Skywalker. It was not a one-on-one fight.

Vader did not defeat Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan did defeat Skywalker.

Vader did not fight the Emperor. He simply picked the dude up and threw him over the railing.

To sum up: we never saw Windu, Obi-Wan, Yoda or the Emperor lose a Jedi/Sith deathmatch (although I think the Emperor got the better of Yoda).
    Windu and the Emperor were both blindsided. Neither Obi-Wan nor Yoda were defeated.

Finally, I believe that Luke's defeat of Vader, and then refusal to go Sith is meant to indicate that he was the more powerful of the Skywalkers.

None of these guys could beat Obi-Wan Ginobili:

http://www.benortiz.com/archives/000195.php

If it's just lightsabers, I think I saw somewhere that's cannon that Mace is supposed to be the best around with a lightsaber. I think including force powers though, he'd go down to yoda. I was dissapointed in Yoda kind of taking off after the sidius threw a few things at him...it just seemed kind of...lame.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    You're leaving out some important aspects. Mace may have been "killed" by the Emperor, but he was disarmed (heh) by Skywalker. It was not a one-on-one fight.

Vader did not defeat Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan did defeat Skywalker.

Vader did not fight the Emperor. He simply picked the dude up and threw him over the railing.

To sum up: we never saw Windu, Obi-Wan, Yoda or the Emperor lose a Jedi/Sith deathmatch (although I think the Emperor got the better of Yoda).
    Windu and the Emperor were both blindsided. Neither Obi-Wan nor Yoda were defeated.

Finally, I believe that Luke's defeat of Vader, and then refusal to go Sith is meant to indicate that he was the more powerful of the Skywalkers.
    Ok so I was thinking of trying to counter all these arguments, and then I realized there's a much better way of solving this.

We all need to get this when it comes out:
    http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

don't tell me you forgot about lando, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    don't tell me you forgot about lando, baby!

First, Lando was too stoked out on Colt 45 most of the time to do anything in the struggle...

Second, he is not a Jedi or derivative thereof. If this weren't a requirement, we would have to include HANS SOLO!*

(*who gets an honorable mention anyway for the line "I know." after Princess Leia said she loved him.)

First, Lando was too stoked out on Colt 45 most of the time to do anything in the struggle...

Second, he is not a Jedi or derivative thereof. If this weren't a requirement, we would have to include HANS SOLO!*

(*who gets an honorable mention anyway for the line "I know." after Princess Leia said she loved him.)
    You did include General Greivous, who I do not believe was a Sith or a Jedi...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    You did include General Greivous, who I do not believe was a Sith or a Jedi...
    I knew that; but decided to include him anyway because of his light saber prowess - 4 at once, no less!

Mace "Sammy J" Windu. He took down the emperor! Even Yoda couldn't do that!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Mace "Sammy J" Windu. He took down the emperor! Even Yoda couldn't do that!
    The Emperor was just baiting Anakin. He could have destroyed Mace.