Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lost 5/16

So what do we think? As far as I could tell, not much actually happened. A lot of it, of course, was set-up for the finale, but still pretty uneventful. Sun buys a controlling interest in her father's company... uh, o.k. Ben gives himself up so Locke can move the island... o.k. The Others capture Kate and Sayid in the jungle like they have about 2,000 times before... o.k.

The only intriguing thing to me was the timing and the drama of Jack finding out about Claire. That was one scene where you can really see the difference in the Lost of the past and these hurry-up scripts. A lot of the subtlety that I personally love so much about the show has been sacrificed. I mean, come on, we all knew who the Australian woman was, why she was there, and what she was going to say. We didn't need, "Her name.... (long, dramatic pause)... was Claire."
    Last edited by blublood; 05-16-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: wrong names

Lost last night (5/15)

Holy #@^@&@*&!!!

So, we know that Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, and Aaron are all making it off the island in the next episode (at least that is what we have been told) but they are currently in 4 different locations!!!

• Jack is in the jungle heading toward the Orchid. Saywyer, who does not get off the island, is with him.
    • Kate and Sayid are in the jungle captured by The Others. I have no idea where they are going-- to "the Temple" perhaps?
    • Hurley is at the Orchid with Locke, who does not get off the island.
    • Sun and Aaron are on the frieghter with several other characters, including Jin, who do not get off the island.

How on Earth are they going to get all the Oceanic 6 together in one place without so many of the other characters? It seems they will get off in a boat of some sort, but why would Jack take a boat off the island without so many other people. Why wouldn't Jin be on the boat before Jack? There are at least a dozen people who would leave before Jack and Sayid, the two heroes of the group, would depart.

Wow-- 2 hours left and I can't wait to see where they take us!

Other stuff--

Sun using her Oceanic settlement to buy a controlling interest in her father's company is idiotic. No way her settlement was big enough to do that. They should have had her comment that she also put the money her father had given her over the years to good use or maybe say, "I have a friend who won the lottery-- he didn't mind loaning me some money." The notion that the settlement she got from Oceanic was big enough to buy Paik Heavy Industry is absurd. Are we supposed to believe that Oceanic gave her a $100 million+ settlement? No way!

I was looking forward to seeing Ben kick some butt against Keamy's men. Bummer! I wanted Ben to say something to Locke like, "They need to take me alive, John. That gives me an advantage... because I want them all dead." That woulda been cool. He should have kept his telescoping baton too, and taken out some dudes with it. As Ben was walking off to get captured, my wife said, "he's the best character on this show." I agree.

The biggest thing I want to find out in the next episode is -- why are the Oceanic 6 lying? What are they covering up? To me, that is the key question that I think will get answered in the season finale... I hope.

I want to know what is going to happen to Daniel and Charlotte. Dan sure as heck wants to get off the island. He knows something bad is going to happen at the Orchid station. I think that moving the island is a really bad thing. I am betting there are a couple places on the island where you are safe if the island is moved and everyone else is in bad shape when it happens. Perhaps the island moved but the people on it do not... one minute you are on dry land and the next you are in the middle of the ocean. Hmmmm.

There is little question in my mind that the freighter is gonna blow. Sun and Aaron will get off. I am betting that Desmond makes it off too. Everyone else, including Michael probably, are going up in a biiig blast-- especially the "red shirts" (the other survivors who are now on the frieghter).

I love that Jack now knows that he is Aaron's uncle and that Claire is his sister. His recoil at that was great. Utterly speechless.

It was nice to get the numbers again-- even though it was sorta silly. you can see why Hurley is going crazy though.

--Jason "oh so eager for the finale... even if it marks an 8 month hiatus for Lost!" Evans

I enjoyed the episode, but agree that it was mostly just a set up for the season finale. Which I can't believe I have to wait 2 weeks for. We actually had more scenes off the island than on it, which is a little disappointing as the island is my favorite character. The numbers remain significant as they show up on Hurleys odometer. "Jesus is not a weapon" I love Hurleys whole family.

Huge spoiler warning!!!

For those of you who do not know, DarkUFO, which is the best Lost site around, has gotten what is apparently an extensive spoiler of the season 4final episode. Last year, DarkUFO had the spoiler which said that the Jack flashbacks were actually a flash forward and that he would end up talking to Kate at the end of the episode. The same person who gave DarkUFO that spoiler is the person who has given him this spoiler for the end of Season 4.

I usually like spoilers, but I am not going to read this one. I want the show to wash across me as the producers intend it to, not with me knowing what is coming.

I post this note as a warning to all of you. I am sure there will be other websites that will have the spoilers up and available, probably copying them from DarkUFO. I warn all of you to be careful as you surf. I also ask that if you find out what happens, do not post it here as, even if it is an accident, I don't want to find out before 11pm on Thursday the 29th.

-Jason "thanks... now I am sure many of you will scurry off to DarkUFO to read all about it" Evans

To me, the arrival of Richard Alpert and his clan was the highlight of this partial episode.

Quote Originally Posted by onepresent View Post
    To me, the arrival of Richard Alpert and his clan was the highlight of this partial episode.
    Did you notice that they are back to wearing ancient-looking, tattered clothing? "Back to nature," so to speak, after leaving Othertown wearing very contemporary clothing.

-Jason "I think Richard really prefers 'the old ways' versus being modern" Evans

Sorry, can't resist saying it...

I said after the last "flash forward" to Jack and Kate living together that Jack KNEW he was Aaron's uncle. When he and Kate were arguing, Jack said something to the effect that "you're not even related to him". A few people shot me down on that theory but...I told ya so!

I agree with the other poster that the way they handled that "reveal" after the funeral was ham-handed by Lost standards, but I'm glad that one of the many mysterious connections between the Lostaways has been established. That's something we fans seem to take for granted now (the interrelatedness of so many characters prior to boarding Oceanic 815) but I think it plays a MAJOR role in whatever secret(s) is/are ultimately revealed about the island and in the mythology of this show. At least I hope so - to come down to the end of it and find out it was just all the result of several coincidences would be really, really LAME. But, so far, Lost has been far from lame, so I'm betting that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Did you notice that they are back to wearing ancient-looking, tattered clothing? "Back to nature," so to speak, after leaving Othertown wearing very contemporary clothing.
    Interesting.

In season 2(?) it was revealed that "Tom" and the others were wearing tattered clothing as a costume. Do you think this is the case here?

The notion that the settlement she got from Oceanic was big enough to buy Paik Heavy Industry is absurd. Are we supposed to believe that Oceanic gave her a $100 million+ settlement? No way!
    Totally agreed, although I am a fan of her sticking it to the old man on Jin's behalf.

As Ben was walking off to get captured, my wife said, "he's the best character on this show." I agree.
    Me too. Hurley comes in a close second for me.

Perhaps the island moved but the people on it do not... one minute you are on dry land and the next you are in the middle of the ocean. Hmmmm.
    Talk about a sick twist for those who want to "get off the island".

There is little question in my mind that the freighter is gonna blow. Sun and Aaron will get off. I am betting that Desmond makes it off too. Everyone else, including Michael probably, are going up in a biiig blast-- especially the "red shirts" (the other survivors who are now on the frieghter).
    I think Desmond has to make it off too. His role has expanded greatly thanks to Mr. Whidmore > Ben > Sayid > Penny. I'm looking forward to seeing how the dynamic between them plays out.

I love that Jack now knows that he is Aaron's uncle and that Claire is his sister. His recoil at that was great. Utterly speechless.
    I think that scene was one of Matthew Fox's best performances on this show. I was getting really sick and tired of his self-destructive, self-loathing, blah blah blah problems. It was refreshing to see him show some real emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by onepresent View Post
    Interesting.

In season 2(?) it was revealed that "Tom" and the others were wearing tattered clothing as a costume. Do you think this is the case here?
    Nope, can't be because Kate and Sayid have seen the Others in regular clothes several times. Recall that Kate was a captive of the Others for several days back when she was being held on the 2nd island.

--Jason "Richard does not approve of Ben's modern ways" Evans

Was I the only dork out there that immediately blurted out "Ensign Ro" when the Ocenanic rep first showed up on screen?

Red shirts

Everyone else, including Michael probably, are going up in a biiig blast-- especially the "red shirts" (the other survivors who are now on the freighter).
    Evans
    Nice Star Trek reference! And yes, I agree with you. That is A LOT of C4.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Was I the only dork out there that immediately blurted out "Ensign Ro" when the Ocenanic rep first showed up on screen?
    Recognized her, but couldn't place her. A second S T (NG) bit placed in the episode. Too bad the registration number on the boat (or helicopter) isn't NCC-1701
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm thinking somehow the six end up in the zodiac offshore, the boat goes kablewee, and the island disappears before their eyes. Could moving the island mean moving it in time rather than location? So many possibilities. My head hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    I'm thinking somehow the six end up in the zodiac offshore, the boat goes kablewee, and the island disappears before their eyes. Could moving the island mean moving it in time rather than location? So many possibilities. My head hurts.
    Yup, I am thinking that makes sense...

... but one thing is missing. Recall that they all decide that it is for the best if they lie to everyone about what really happened. Something must happen to convince them to make up the crazy story about living on one island and then going to another island and everyone else being dead. And whatever it is that convinces them, there is tremendous guilt that comes with it -- enough to drive Jack to try suicide and make Hurley crazy.

-Jason "2 weeks... I cannot wait 2 weeks!!" Evans

^Perhaps because they know Whidmore is looking for the island (Ben, "You'll never find it.") and continues to pose a threat to those who remained behind.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    More than that, she's Admiral Cain! Michelle Forbes is like the second lady of kickass science fiction chicks. (The first being, of course, Sigourney Weaver. Seriously, you almost feel sorry for the Aliens.)

Two islands

Something said here triggered a thought: there are already two islands. How will that affect the change in position of the main island? Is there even anyone staying on that other island anymore?

As much as everyone posting here seems to want to see how it all wraps up for this season, I wonder what will be coming up next year. Ben has already been seen with Whidmore bringing up the change in rules, after his "daughter" was killed. Personally, I'm very bored with Jack's character now, and just don't find anything that comes out of his mouth to be interesting. One oddity: the apparent age of the baby, from the time of the Oceanic 6's arrival at home, to what we saw after Kate's trial. He's walking around, and seems to be about three years old.

As far as Jack walking around after having his appendix out: I had an undiagnosed burst appendix for seven weeks in Papua New Guinea. When I finally made it to a hospital on Guam, I was released two days after they operated - and was walking around - and wasn't bleeding.

So where does it all go? What's left, after the six get off the island? I really don't care what happens to Jack, and Hurley has become unsympathetic as well. Kate? Not sure she's all that interesting anymore. Unless the island is somehow back in the story, what is the point to continuing the story? It would be interesting to see more on Sayid and Desmond, but their stories are really more peripheral.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineTwinsDad View Post
    As far as Jack walking around after having his appendix out: I had an undiagnosed burst appendix for seven weeks in Papua New Guinea. When I finally made it to a hospital on Guam, I was released two days after they operated - and was walking around - and wasn't bleeding.
    Yes but you weren't operated on by a fertility doctor, in a hut, on a beach. Wait, you were in Guam, I could be wrong.

jack

2ND week in a row that he has said to someone that he promises to get ever body off island