Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xenic View Post
    UNC's is blue (at least it has been some seasons) I'm pretty sure.
    Yeah, it is.

To address the original comment, UNC, among other schools, will only have one line, as the women play their games in a different arena.

That's the old line in that Vandy jpg.

According to the new NCAA rule, all Division I, II, and III schools will have both lines, with the new men's 3 point line a contrasting color from the women's line.

http://www1.ncaa.org/eprise/main/pla...lesChanges.doc

Here is a link to a diagram with the new men's 3 point line:

http://www1.ncaa.org/eprise/main/pla...PreviewState=0

What if, just like baseball and football, they laid down chalk pre-game to mark the three-point line?

That would be another way to eliminate having to have two line. Seems like the perfect solution.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    What if, just like baseball and football, they laid down chalk pre-game to mark the three-point line?

That would be another way to eliminate having to have two line. Seems like the perfect solution.

-EarlJam
    you can't really chalk a basketball court. the chalk sticks to the grass or dirt on a football or baseball field. But I can't really imagine chalk working on a hardwood basketball court.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    you can't really chalk a basketball court. the chalk sticks to the grass or dirt on a football or baseball field. But I can't really imagine chalk working on a hardwood basketball court.
    Maybe only in Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Maybe only in Kansas.
    Maybe I'm just uninformed, but does anyone know what "rock chalk jawhawk" actually means?

I was kidding.

-EJ

Maybe I'm just uninformed, but does anyone know what "rock chalk jawhawk" actually means?
    Yes. Honestly on this one. This winter, I dated a girl that went to Kansas. Even went out to Lawrence (sp) with her and stood on the Jayhawk with my Duke jacket on.

Anyway, she told me that years ago (can't remember the year), a group was on a train headed to Kansas. Kansas is known for its limestone and I believe the capitol building in Kansas is even made of it. They used to call it, for obvious reasons, "rock chalk." Anyway, on the train ride to Kansas, some guy just started chanting "Rock Chalk Jayhawk!" Soon, everyone was doing it and it stuck for all these years.

That's the story she told me.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Interesting... I just assumed the multiple 3-point lines would be white... like it used to be. But, a different color would be interesting, and maybe even "nice". I don't suppose each school could pick their own color And, what about a 1-foot thick line... women up to the edge of the line on the inside, men up to the edge of the line on the outside... yeah, probably very ugly

Maybe we could put ads in the lane too.

http://www.rockchalk.com/john/john/rock.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_chalk_jayhawk

Pretty much mirrors what my ex-girlfriend told me back in March. I guess she wasn't a lying fronk-conker afterall. Kind of feel bad about punching her in the kidneys now.

-EJ

Interesting. I always thought the "rock" was in reference to the basketball, as in, "pass me the rock", albeit the cheer has been around much longer than people have been using this type of vernacular.