Unassisted triple play! (14th in history)

Cabrera turns unassisted triple play

Unassisted triple play! It was (what I'm guessing is) the usual kind, single, single, line-out to 2b, touch second base, tag out runner.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post

Unassisted triple play! It was (what I'm guessing is) the usual kind, single, single, line-out to 2b, touch second base, tag out runner.
    Not that I care about baseball any more (haven't since the Jays won back-to-back titles) but this happened in the second game of a double-header against the Jays. Being from the Toronto area, this one still stings a bit. Way to go down in history there guys.

You've got to be pretty darn lucky to turn one of those. Line drive, perfect positioning, hit and run on.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post

Pretty much, except the guy tagged for the third out (who was originally on first base) was tagged a couple feet beyond second.

Every UTP I've seen is actually kind of dull, and I watched the Rafael Furcal one on teevee as it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Not that I care about baseball any more (haven't since the Jays won back-to-back titles) but this happened in the second game of a double-header against the Jays. Being from the Toronto area, this one still stings a bit. Way to go down in history there guys.
    I can't remember if it was unassisted (probably not), but I remember the Jays getting robbed on the other side of a triple play. As I recall, 3rd baseman Kelly Gruber ended up chasing a runner for the triple play and did a diving tag. The ref ruled the player safe, but replays clearly showed him getting tagged.