Thread: Wow!!!!

Wow!!!!

DEEEEEEEEEEEEtroit BASKETBALL!!!

Crafty, patient vets...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEtroit BASKETBALL!!!

Crafty, patient vets...
    I watched most of the game, it was a lot of fun. Crazy to see Lindsey Hunter out there, I remember him on the Pistons when I was still a kid.

Yah, they really are crafty, but I have to say... I used to really like Rip Hamilton A LOT until this series. He is starting to take dives like manu ginobili. I've just felt embarrassed for him a couple times, but I guess if the refs are calling it...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I used to really like Rip Hamilton A LOT until this series.
    Oh yeah, one of my favorite players too, along with Emeka Okafor, Tyrus Thomas, Scotty Thurman, Pervis Ellison...

Amendment- I used to really like Rip Hamilton ... on the Detroit Pistons. He had always been a fundamentals kind of guy who didn't talk a lot of smack, however...

I also remember asking God to condemn him to hell a few times, but I guess Detroit is close enough...

I was just kidding around... I actually like Hamilton's game a lot, even though I haven't gotten over '99 yet (and I generally dislike the Pistons).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Yah, they really are crafty, but I have to say... I used to really like Rip Hamilton A LOT until this series. .

that's just wrong....turn in your blue devil card...

Yes, I know it's sinful to cheer for guys who caused Duke so much pain, believe me, I struggled with it. But it's being a native Detroiter, taking all the knocks and jokes, and the derision heaped upon my old home city, and watching this team that plays fundamentally great basketball (and let's not forget those other defensive marvels, the Detroit Red Wings) that makes me proud. Sure, the Tigers are struggling with their luxury lineup and the Lions are an embarrassment, but the City of Detroit taught me what it means to be a sports fan. At least we have all the sports, not like some sorry mid-market hick towns that shall remain nameless.

Wow...a group hug about Detroit Pistons...

And no disclaimer about Rasheed Wallace???

In all seriousness, aside from the UNC hatred, thoughts on how he has performed thus far in playoffs?

Can.
    Never.
    Like.
    Rip.
    Hamilton.

In fact, now that I've typed his name I feel like I gotta burn some dark blue incense, as penance. Or something.