W. Lax to Final Four after downing Maryland

Four consecutive Final Fours for the women's lax team.

Two to go.

And men's lax takes on Ohio State tmw. The winner advances to the Final Four, as well.

Great win. Terrific job, ladies!

Rack up those Duke Director's Cup points.

the terps only lost three games this year - duke beat them twice

If we make it to the championship, I really hope Syracuse beats Northwestern. Because Northwestern usually beats us.

Quote Originally Posted by godukerocks View Post
    If we make it to the championship, I really hope Syracuse beats Northwestern. Because Northwestern usually beats us.
    Northwestern usually beats everyone. Its brand of offense is still yet to be figured out by anyone across the country.

Here's hoping we get a shot at the defending champions.

Exclamation Next up ... Penn

At this stage, I'm just thinking about the next game ... the #2 seed, Penn.

Oh, and here's the link to InsideLacrosse's piece last month on Carolyn Davis.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Sorry to have missed it. I intend to be at the semis and hopefully the finals at Towsend State this coming weekend. Lav, thanks for the link. From what I saw at Georgetown, she is a terrific talent, as quick thinking as she is skilled.

Women's LAX

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Sorry to have missed it. I intend to be at the semis and hopefully the finals at Towsend State this coming weekend. Lav, thanks for the link. From what I saw at Georgetown, she is a terrific talent, as quick thinking as she is skilled.
    Were you able to attend the match vs Md on Sat? I was unable to convince my wife to make the drive with me from Leesburg to College Park so we visited one of her college friends and her family all afternoon. Not a bad thing after all, considering she "introduced" us/convinced us to go out on a date 35 years ago and we will have our 30th anniversary this year.

I don't mean to be nit-picky, but I graduated from Towson State in '96, and it is now Towson University (has been for about 10 years or so). Anyway, I just wanted to give you the correct spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Were you able to attend the match vs Md on Sat? I was unable to convince my wife to make the drive with me from Leesburg to College Park so we visited one of her college friends and her family all afternoon. Not a bad thing after all, considering she "introduced" us/convinced us to go out on a date 35 years ago and we will have our 30th anniversary this year.
    I tried mightly, but did not make it. Had my 15 year old daughter with me and we were just 3 miles form U of Md., but she just had to get back to her friends, even though she took up the sport this spring and really enjoys it. She can play the heck out of the game too. Go figure, teenagers! Next weekend I leave her home.

Smile Girls' Lacrosse

I tried mightly, but did not make it. Had my 15 year old daughter with me and we were just 3 miles form U of Md., but she just had to get back to her friends, even though she took up the sport this spring and really enjoys it. She can play the heck out of the game too. Go figure, teenagers! Next weekend I leave her home.
    My almost 12 yr old daughter took it up last fall, and loves it. Already have contacts in Kentucky where she can play it.

My daughter just hit 5'4". We're hoping she hits 5'9" in the next few years! She'll be good in defense.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Luckily for Duke, the Hoos have been eliminated. Duke always have a mental brain fart when they play the Hoos.
    Hopefully, this will be the year they can finish the job...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    My almost 12 yr old daughter took it up last fall, and loves it. Already have contacts in Kentucky where she can play it.

My daughter just hit 5'4". We're hoping she hits 5'9" in the next few years! She'll be good in defense.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    My daughter is 5'7", strong, and reasonably fast. She plays the equivolent of maybe a defensive center mid (in soccer parlence), but joins the attack and scores a fair amount. She needs to defend the midfield and slow down or stop the other team's transitions, and is responsible often for her own team's transitions by running the ball up and, towards the end of the season, distributing.

She really, really likes the game. Me too; it helps that I have no clue as to the rules, so I don't try to coach her (she actually barred me from games for a while until I could convince her I wouldn't by sneaking in and hiding and her not knowing I was there).