Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's lax

lax

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    If you are diligent you can catch my post total during today's match. Of course you will have a heart attack from exertion.
    let's see: 15 minute quarters (I think) x 2 posts per minute = 30 posts per quarter x 4 quarters = 120 posts, assuming no OT. 20 minute halftime (estimate) x 2 posts per minute = 40 posts while the guys rest. That brings it up to 160 posts. Nah, no way. That leaves no time for breathing or watching the match. An interesting thought however.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    let's see: 15 minute quarters (I think) x 2 posts per minute = 30 posts per quarter x 4 quarters = 120 posts, assuming no OT. 20 minute halftime (estimate) x 2 posts per minute = 40 posts while the guys rest. That brings it up to 160 posts. Nah, no way. That leaves no time for breathing or watching the match. An interesting thought however.
    Never was that so good at math but can predict heart attacks!

lax

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Never was that so good at math but can predict heart attacks!
    Then I need to have you come work with me. (see profile page for occupation)

Back on topic: match time in a bit over 60 minutes. LGD!!

Should we be for Syracuse or UVA? They always say it's hard to beat a team three times, and we've already beaten UVA twice...I can't decide. But we know UVA well (as do they know us), and have beaten them at their place. I didn't like the very end of the ACC Championship game though, as they made a run and seemed to figure us out. I think I'm for Syracuse. I guess I shouldn't worry about it right now. Need to take care of JHU first - one game at a time.

Wow, heartbreaking 2OT loss for UVA...up by 3 goals late in the game. Hit the pipe at least twice in the OTs. That's just tough.

Hopefully Syracuse.

good luck guys!!!

Good article on today's game:

Matt Danowski, who could play just two more games for his father, said players have not worried about the past as they've prepared for this weekend.

He said they don't plan to make the game bigger than it is.

"When it comes down to it, it's just a game," Matt Danowski said. "You can't prove anything on the field. You can't prove people wrong on the field. You can't prove your character or your family on the field."
    http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1083636.html
    Maybe if they can win it all the rape case will finally go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post

Judging by that timefiller ESPN had between games, the only way that the rape case will be overlooked is if the story becomes how Duke had an unfair advantage with the extra year of eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post

Why do I have the feeling that Gregg Doyell will write his first LAX column?

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Judging by that timefiller ESPN had between games, the only way that the rape case will be overlooked is if the story becomes how Duke had an unfair advantage with the extra year of eligibility.
    Yeah, seriously. That piece was interesting. I don't know how anybody could possibly want their own athletes to go through what the Duke lacrosse players went through for an extra year of availability. Plus, they weren't obligated to go to Duke. UVA had a HUGE advantage because they got Peter Lamade in his fifth year Nobody is talking about that. I can see the argument that the penalty was self-imposed a bit, but I don't think it is completely valid. Also, all ACC officials (i.e. presidents, ADs) supported the decision and the NCAA said that was an important part (although, ironically, the coach of UVa didn't support the decision, but ended up with Lamade). Now, enough about that from me...Time to focus on the game itself...

Go Duke!

lax

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yeah, seriously. That piece was interesting. I don't know how anybody could possibly want their own athletes to go through what the Duke lacrosse players went through for an extra year of availability. Plus, they weren't obligated to go to Duke. UVA had a HUGE advantage because they got Peter Lamade in his fifth year Nobody is talking about that. I can see the argument that the penalty was self-imposed a bit, but I don't think it is completely valid. Also, all ACC officials (i.e. presidents, ADs) supported the decision and the NCAA said that was an important part (although, ironically, the coach of UVa didn't support the decision, but ended up with Lamade). Now, enough about that from me...Time to focus on the game itself...

Go Duke!
    I think uva also got one of the 4 recruits Duke had that year to decommit from the Devils and go to uva instead. The uva coach certainly did not complain about that. Jerk.

lax

4 good shots early but 0 goals by the Devils

lax

6 shots, 0 goals. are we playing wvu?

lax

8 shots, 0 goals and hopkins scores quickly in transition. crap.

lax

dano to greer in transition-it's 1-1.

lax

hopkins tripping penalty-Duke gets all the calls-and Quinzani scores, Duke up 2-1 as the quarter ends.

lax

hopkins lulls us to sleep and ties it after about a 2 minute possession. crap.

lax

now the post is our best friend keeping hopkins out of the lead. whew!

lax

bad D-no help, hopkinis 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    now the post is our best friend keeping hopkins out of the lead. whew!
    not anymore