Thread: Hu's on first?

Talking Hu's on first?

We need to start a campaign for Torre to move SS Chin-lung Hu to 1B for the Dodgers.

Unfortunately, they would still have Andruw Jones in centerfield...

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Who?
    are you wake skating in your avatar? looks like a lot of fun!
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

I Don't Know on Third

The Dodgers have a minor league pitcher named Michael Watt. If Torre had a sense of humor, they could call up Watt and play him at second with Hu at first.

So we'd have Hu's on first, Watt's on second ... I don't know who's on third.

All this reminds me of Jack McKeon of the Reds, who one game in 1998 started an outfield of Dimitri Young in left, Mike Frank in center and Chris Stynes in right.

Think about it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    The Dodgers have a minor league pitcher named Michael Watt. If Torre had a sense of humor, they could call up Watt and play him at second with Hu at first.

So we'd have Hu's on first, Watt's on second ... I don't know who's on third.

All this reminds me of Jack McKeon of the Reds, who one game in 1998 started an outfield of Dimitri Young in left, Mike Frank in center and Chris Stynes in right.

Think about it ...
    Nice to see that McKeon had a sense of humor!

'Druw

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Unfortunately, they would still have Andruw Jones in centerfield...
    which is better than the Braves having him in c'field (I guess in order to be correct, he was fine in CF, it's just his horrid performance at the plate last year and then wanting north of $15M/year for his new contract that was souring to Braves fans)

Unfortunately there aren't any players named Jin or Tao at the major league level. Or you could have had an outfield of Hu Jintao...okay, I made it obvious at the end there didn't I?

Hu

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Unfortunately there aren't any players named Jin or Tao at the major league level. Or you could have had an outfield of Hu Jintao...okay, I made it obvious at the end there didn't I?
    and if our "own" Watzone was an infielder, we could possibly have "Wat's" on 2nd...

They should sign him to a single game contract...ahh, where is Bill Veeck when you need him?

"Nice to see that McKeon had a sense of humor!"

Jack McKeon has a sense of humor like Yao Ming has length.

My memories of Jack were that he was too "abrasive" for the younger Marlins on the 2005 team and that they it was a mutually acceptable parting of the ways.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    are you wake skating in your avatar? looks like a lot of fun!
    I sure am. We're actually heading out to Colorado this week for Nationals. It'll air on CBS on the 31st at 8:00pm if you wanna check out the action.