Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfrosh View Post
    Movies no matter how many times I watch, I always cry at the end.
    Mr. Hollands Opus
    Rudy
    Field of Dreams
    Glory

Most embarrasing secret:
    I used to own two Debbie Gibson Albums.
    Glory is an OUTSTANDING movie.

When Denzel picks up the flag at the end during the charge, I can get choked up; then of course, there's the famous "lashes" scene.

Just a great movie.

Wink dude...

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Glory is an OUTSTANDING movie.

When Denzel picks up the flag at the end during the charge, I can get choked up; then of course, there's the famous "lashes" scene.

Just a great movie.
    I get no credit for listing that one back on page 2 of this thread? Who are you people?

And I love Enya too. It's not really embarrassing unless you own the stuff from when she was part of clanad. Or the post enya clanad stuff, which I also own. It's some gaelic family thing, where as members move on, younger ones just step in. Clanad's been around forever.

Commando!

I like Arnold Schwartzenegger (sp?) films.

I don't know half of the musical artists listed in this thread.

I haven't ever seen "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - either version, or read the book. (Of course, now it is a point of honor and I try to avoid seeing it.)

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Once again, people are claiming things as embarassing that I tend to be proud of. I never realized I shouldn't tell people I like Vanilla Ice

I'm with you on The Housewives of the NYC. I love Bethany!
    I've gotten a few strange looks for singing along with Vanilla Ice. A1A Beach Front Avenue.

My favorite housewife is Luann. But the better question is, which housewife are you? I am apparently Jill, which I have to admit is not entirely inaccurate. (Is that another embarrassing admission?)

I like hard chick rock - Heart, Lita Ford, even... Vixen.

Please don't wake my friend, he's dead tired

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I like Arnold Schwartzenegger (sp?) films.
    There is nothing shameful about having watched each Arnold movie. Except maybe 'Hercules Goes Bananas' and 'Pumping Iron' (those are not worth it, trust me)

I once counted each bad guy killed in Commando. If I remember correctly, Arnie took out about 96 dudes in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    There is nothing shameful about having watched each Arnold movie. Except maybe 'Hercules Goes Bananas' and 'Pumping Iron' (those are not worth it, trust me)

I once counted each bad guy killed in Commando. If I remember correctly, Arnie took out about 96 dudes in that one.
    No! No! No! Pumping Iron is a classic; if you are interested in bodybuilding. It is actually very interesting - at the time, it helped move bodybuilding, and more generally weight training of all types, from the fringe into the mainstream public eye.

And you gotta give Carl Weathers some love from that one, too - the handshake from the beginning; with he and Arnold's biceps reaching into the statosphere - was bad***. (Like Nate.)

Should I be embarrassed as an Arnold fan that I haven't seen those 2? I did watch Commando and either Predator or Terminator back to back once - and then went to play soccer. The team offered an intervention.

Favorite line from Commando - "Him? I let him go." after holding a bad guy over a cliff by the ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    And you gotta give Carl Weathers some love from that one, too - the handshake from the beginning; with he and Arnold's biceps reaching into the statosphere - was bad***. (Like Nate.)
    Didn't the same thing happen in Predator?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Didn't the same thing happen in Predator?

You know what? - you are right. It was Predator, not Commando. Commando was the one with the pre-pubescent Alyssa Milano.

For the Arnold-in-his-Prime-Holy-Trapezius! view, look at the Conan movies. WOW!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Truly embarrassing, I have a copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. I don't know how, I would never give someone money for that but there it is, in my house. What's perhaps even more embarrassing is that I haven't chucked it into the trash. I guess I think maybe whoever left it in my possession may show up and ask for it back. I've had it for over 20 years. I've moved it several times.

In college, I slept out for Duran Duran tickets. I don't really find that embarrassing but some of you might be embarrassed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Truly embarrassing, I have a copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. I don't know how, I would never give someone money for that but there it is, in my house. What's perhaps even more embarrassing is that I haven't chucked it into the trash. I guess I think maybe whoever left it in my possession may show up and ask for it back. I've had it for over 20 years. I've moved it several times.

In college, I slept out for Duran Duran tickets. I don't really find that embarrassing but some of you might be embarrassed for me.
    Well, I have the Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" CD also. I even lost it once, and couldn't stand to be without it so I bought it again. And before CDs came out, I had my sister's tape of it. AND I'm going to see Duran Duran next Sunday night in Orlando.

On the subject of embarrassing music that you sing in the car: I am a 30-ish Anglo-American woman driving a sedan. Yet when "Get Low" comes on the radio, I find myself singing almost involuntarily, "Apple bottom jeans, the BOOTS with the furrrr... got the whole club lookin' at herrrr..." I mean, for God's sake, I'm not cool anymore. Am I going to end up as a white-haired granny still getting crunk to Lil' John in my Oldsmobile?

My favorite Arnold movie is Jingle All the Way.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    On the subject of embarrassing music that you sing in the car: I am a 30-ish Anglo-American woman driving a sedan. Yet when "Get Low" comes on the radio, I find myself singing almost involuntarily, "Apple bottom jeans, the BOOTS with the furrrr... got the whole club lookin' at herrrr..." I mean, for God's sake, I'm not cool anymore. Am I going to end up as a white-haired granny still getting crunk to Lil' John in my Oldsmobile?
    That's awesome!! I am seriously not cool anymore and find myself shakin' it to "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me!" I love that song despite the fact that I cannot begin to relate to it at all, especially given the fact that I'm in my upper 40's .

I REALLY like the song on the Mac commerical for the Air Mac. It's "New Soul" by Yael Naim.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Should I be embarrassed as an Arnold fan that I haven't seen those 2? I did watch Commando and either Predator or Terminator back to back once - and then went to play soccer. The team offered an intervention.

Favorite line from Commando - "Him? I let him go." after holding a bad guy over a cliff by the ankle.
    No, I'm very serious in saying you don't need to see them (unless you're into body building)

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast. And right now, I'm very hungry!" Commando has the best lines. I think I need to break out the DVD now.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Also (not sure if this is embarassing - I dont think so!) - I really like music from the 50s and 60s (I guess early Rock and Rolland Doo Wop). I listen to it on Pandora all the time.

Some of my favorites:

Mr. Bassman (Johnny Cymbal) (one of the most fun songs I have ever heard)
    Yakety Yak
    Shout Shout (Ernie Maresca)
    The Twist (Hank Ballard)
    Don't Be Cruel (Elvis)
    Love Me All The Time (The Shephard Sisters)
    Wasn't The Twist done by Chubby Checker (whose name was Earnest Bass and he is the father of Misty Bass Williams) and Yakety Yak, Don't Come Back was by The Coasters.

Twist

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Wasn't The Twist done by Chubby Checker (whose name was Earnest Bass and he is the father of Misty Bass Williams) and Yakety Yak, Don't Come Back was by The Coasters.
    Chubby's version is nearly a note-for-note copy of Hank Ballard and the Midnighters version. Ballard's version was the B side of a sappy R&B hit called "Teardrops On Your Letter". Hank is probably better known for his version of "Kansas City" (but Wilbert Harrison had bigger pop version), "Finger Poppin' Time" and "Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go."