Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I lose my stuff when I see a father crying on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

My most embarrassing movies would be American Pie and American Pie 2.
    My most embarrassing music would be Foreigner "I Want To Know What Love Is".

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Top this, people. Sweet Home Alabama made me cry.
    Whoa, I would never admit to that.
    ~rthomas

In Rocky III, when Adrian comes out of her coma, and Rocky tells her he won't do the fight, then she asks Rocky to get close to her so she can tell him something, then she says, "Win."

Rocky: What?

Adrian, smiling: Win!

Then the bell strikes and the music comes in.

That can make and has made an EarlJam cry.

The series, even if it became somewhat cheesy, often communicates a very, very true message: The importance, value and effectiveness of having your significant other, the one you love with all your heart and soul, truly backing you up and believing in you.

-EarlJam, who when he was a kid, got with another neighbor and built a boxing ring in the backyard, practiced a skit, and invited the neighbors over one night to watch the "show."

Pffffffffffffffft! Bwaaaa! Ha! Haaaaaaaaaaa!

What a LOSER!

-EJ

P.S. Just kidding, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Whoa, I would never admit to that.
    I'm a dog person. The scene at the bloodhound cemetery kills me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I think that was made (produced) by the same team as Notting Hill and Love Actually. See above post ..Thus, I'm sure I'll love it (despite Ryan Reynolds)
    Oh, those two are the only two romantic comedies I really enjoy, so that makes sense.

But mainly the idea of Ryan Reynolds playing Abagail Breslin's dad intrigued me to no end for some reason. Oh, and the fact that Isla Fisher was absolutely gorgeous / cute.

Oh, and just to add to my list - Gosford Park always makes me cry at the end.

I'm a dog person. The scene at the bloodhound cemetery kills me every time.
    The death of Will Smith's Shepard (Sam) in "I am Legend" got to me. Immediately hated the movie.

Good Ole' Melanie Smooter. Fun trivia fact...The scene where she goes to the glass shop was actually shot right beside my church in Starr's Mill, Georgia. In the background of some of the shots, you can see the old chapel. The cast/crew used our buildings and parking lots to set everything up. Fun movie.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Pffffffffffffffft! Bwaaaa! Ha! Haaaaaaaaaaa!

What a LOSER!

-EJ

P.S. Just kidding, of course!
    That was pretty much my wife's reaction.

Curious whether anyone will top that one. If not, I think we know who here is most secure in his own skin.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    The death of Will Smith's Shepard (Sam) in "I am Legend" got to me. Immediately hated the movie.
    I was tipped off by our own Jason Evans in advance, and I'll never see that movie for exactly that reason.

Wait, what? How?? I can't even remember any affecting scenes from this movie beyond Reese Witherspoon crying about her miscarriage.

Bif Naked's real surname is Torbert.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

For a moment, I thought you were a big Skynyrd fan.
    Last edited by HaveFunExpectToWin; 05-08-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Oh, those two are the only two romantic comedies I really enjoy, so that makes sense.

But mainly the idea of Ryan Reynolds playing Abagail Breslin's dad intrigued me to no end for some reason. Oh, and the fact that Isla Fisher was absolutely gorgeous / cute.

Oh, and just to add to my list - Gosford Park always makes me cry at the end.
    A younger Hugh Grant would work better as far as I'm concerned, but that's not a reality. I agree re Isla (see "Wedding Crashers", for example), but I really have always liked Rachel Weisz, myself. (See "About a Boy" - also a HG movie, but not a favorite - the kid's just ANNOYING)

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Wait, what? How?? I can't even remember any affecting scenes from this movie beyond Reese Witherspoon crying about her miscarriage.
    See reply #24.

That was pretty much my wife's reaction.

Curious whether anyone will top that one. If not, I think we know who here is most secure in his own skin.
    Well spun BillyBreen!

It's all about the spin! I had a date over last year and we watched, "We are Marshall." I adimit, I tried to hold it back but I got choked up several times.

The date was really cool about. Really, really cool about it. And I, in turn, thought that was cool.

Seriously, the tears were quite genuine.

I also cried/got choked up, when I read parts of "The Five People You Meet in Heaven."

As I've gotten older, I've definitely gotten more sensitive (when it comes to tearjerkers, empathy, etc.), and to BillyBreen's point, I'm more secure about it.

-TearJam

Red face hmm...

Okay, I only cry at movies where people sacrifice themselves against impossible odds/situations. Examples of movies that make me cry like a baby EVERY time I watch them:

Gladiator
    Braveheart
    Glory

Shows I like that are at least semi-embarrassing:

The O.C. (I actually got my wife INTO this one)
    Veronica Mars
    Las Vegas (worst show ending ever!)
    Grey's Anatomy
    Supernatural
    Speedracer: The Next Generation (although I do only watch it with my kids)
    Ugly Betty (although I will only watch it with the wife)
    Moonlight (but I love anything with vampires, like Kindred the Embraced)
    The Batman
    Teen Titans
    Anything WWE (it's like the ultimate male soap opera: action, violence, blood, attractive women, and the acting's better than most soaps)
    NASCAR
    Desperate Housewives

Is it embarrassing that I really want the Psych theme song for my iPod?

I can never show my face here again, can I?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Anything WWE (it's like the ultimate male soap opera: action, violence, blood, attractive women, and the acting's better than most soaps)
    I was wondering if anyone would claim this one. Are you a member of the Raw fan nation?

I am a big audiophile, so this is both embarassing and confusing to me:

I don't get what the big deal is about Radiohead. Nor do I think Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is even listenable even though I like other Wilco stuff. Do I just not get it?

If I flip to Cruel Intentions, I have to watch to the end.