Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I haven't ever seen "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - either version, or read the book. (Of course, now it is a point of honor and I try to avoid seeing it.)
    There's nothing honorable about that. Get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Truly embarrassing, I have a copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. I don't know how, I would never give someone money for that but there it is, in my house. What's perhaps even more embarrassing is that I haven't chucked it into the trash. I guess I think maybe whoever left it in my possession may show up and ask for it back. I've had it for over 20 years. I've moved it several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke4Ever32 View Post
    Well, I have the Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" CD also. I even lost it once, and couldn't stand to be without it so I bought it again. And before CDs came out, I had my sister's tape of it. AND I'm going to see Duran Duran next Sunday night in Orlando.
    When I strike it semi-rich and buy a minor league baseball team, I'm kicking off the wilson era with Fleetwood Mac Demolition Night. You're all invited.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    When I strike it semi-rich and buy a minor league baseball team, I'm kicking off the wilson era with Fleetwood Mac Demolition Night. You're all invited.
    Let me know when that happens and I'll join you. Fleetwood Mac was very popular when I was in high school and I just couldn't get into their music despite the fact that most of my friends were fanatics.

Thumbs down I saw the sign, and then I opened up my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrosh View Post
    Most embarrasing secret:
    I used to own two Debbie Gibson Albums.
    At least they're not albums from Tiffany or Ace of Base...

... and NO, I do NOT have albums from those two.

Now about Juice Newton...
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I used to have an Ace of Base album, but then I noticed that all their songs sound EXACTLY THE SAME. Guess you could say that I saw the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    No! No! No! Pumping Iron is a classic; if you are interested in bodybuilding. It is actually very interesting - at the time, it helped move bodybuilding, and more generally weight training of all types, from the fringe into the mainstream public eye.
    Pumping Iron has one of the most absurd, ridiculous, inappropriate, scratch your head and say "huh..." quotes of all time. For propriety and decency reasons I won't publish it here. Anyone who remembers the movie I'm sure remembers the quote - about feeling the burn in the muscle, or "the pump" as Arnold describes it.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

I forgot to mention...I saw the movie 'Center Stage' in the theater, and I continue to thoroughly enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Pumping Iron has one of the most absurd, ridiculous, inappropriate, scratch your head and say "huh..." quotes of all time. For propriety and decency reasons I won't publish it here. Anyone who remembers the movie I'm sure remembers the quote - about feeling the burn in the muscle, or "the pump" as Arnold describes it.

Oh, I agree. But that's part of what sometimes makes things entertaining.

Too embarassed to admit?.......

.......that I read all these and have nothing to add.

embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    you could always claim to be EJ's mother ...(refers to old discussion somewhere on the longest thread)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    you could always claim to be EJ's mother ...(refers to old discussion somewhere on the longest thread)
    If he only had my guidance......

Nah, I couldn't do that to him.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    You could always talk about having 13 pillows on your bed ...

Red face I've already listed my most embarrassing stuff...

...but I'm just curious what everyone thinks about this:

Should I be embarrassed that I'm 32 years old and I play more video games than my kids, or that I've read or viewed and enjoyed all the Harry Potter books and movies NOT screening them for the kids, but for my own enjoyment (since my kids won't be old enough to read them for another almost 10 years)? Thinking about it does make me feel a little embarrassed.

my vote is no

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    ...but I'm just curious what everyone thinks about this:

Should I be embarrassed that I'm 32 years old and I play more video games than my kids, or that I've read or viewed and enjoyed all the Harry Potter books and movies NOT screening them for the kids, but for my own enjoyment (since my kids won't be old enough to read them for another almost 10 years)? Thinking about it does make me feel a little embarrassed.
    If you should be embarrassed by this, then I should, too. I'm older than you and have no kids, but I have read all the Harry Potter books and own all of the movies. I also play some video games (I am a big Zelda fan).

Personally, I think that the Harry Potter books are great. I know lots of adults that read and enjoy them.

I just downloaded the pilot of Gossip Girl.

Is it bad....

....that I take pride in the fact that this thread has gotten long enough for the "Last Page" icon to appear??? I think its the first time this has happened to one of my threads on here, woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Oooh and I also had a Rick Springfield Album. I really did wish I had Jessie's Girl.

I owned a Pulsar doll...

Pulsar.jpg

Hey, that toy rocked in the 80s. You could press a button in his back and see his heart beat, lungs expand, and blood flow throughout the torso.

Also, you could open up his face and put a colorful plastic disk in his head. This gave him some kind of super power, I think.

Now that I think about it. What the HELL!?

-EarlJam

I wonder if the embarrassment is a guy thing? I'm thoroughly proud of the awesomely bad movies, tv, and music I enjoy. I actually made a mix CD entitled "songs that are embarrassing to listen to with your windows down"- because I find it's liberating to embrace your inner bad taste and bop along to some classic milli vanilli or new kids on the block, or sing a journey or chicago ballad at the top of your lungs.

anyway, tv shows- 90210, the OC, real world (and all related reunions and challenges)

movies- drumline, bring it on, cruel intentions, you got served, center stage. I'm a sucker for dance-themed movies, no matter how awful they are. and when drumline comes on tv (which it does every couple of weeks), I watch it until the end. even though I own it.

music- well, anything I listened to growing up (80s-90s) I still like. that includes the standard belinda carlisle/richard marx/madonna phase, the hair band years (warrant, whitesnake, skid row, etc), 90s R&B like bobby brown and bell biv devoe, and finally, the late 90s boy band era. I just dug out my favorite def leppard album and put it into the rotation last week. good stuff.

I actually think Living La Vida Loca is kind of a groovy song.