View Poll Results: What is your favorite kind of meat?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light Meat

6 12.77%
  • Dark Meat

2 4.26%
  • Beef

26 55.32%
  • Pork

4 8.51%
  • Organ

0 0%
  • Other (specify)

9 19.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Meat Preferences

What is your favorite kind of meat?

I will once again profess my love for Boerewors (as I have on several threads to date). In fact, perhaps the Atlanta Mafia will be up for a Braves game at some point this summer preceded by a tailgate where I will bring some of this delicious sausage and grill it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boerewors
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

O.k., I said "other" because my favorite is undoubtedly steak which I consider a different category from mere "beef." In heaven there will undoubtedly be some of the steaks that my dad cooks, so everybody get ready. He buys these steaks made from cows who must have done a lot of cow yoga because they are incredibly tender and delicious. Charcoal grill; Southern Seasoning; wrap in bacon; utter paradise!

Live meat.

Cats and dogs are a fave. Humans a close second. Most all animals are OK with me.

Living in a state (WV) where barbecue is a verb and something you do on a Saturday night, I have been trying to perfect the noun since I moved here in 1995. I think that I do a pretty good job of it. Ususally, I do about 5 pork butts at a time and freeze the leftovers becasue it takes all day and I smell like I've been camping out for a week after smoking the butts.

And I use Dennis Roger's vinegar and hot pepper sauce.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Living in a state (WV) where barbecue is a verb and something you do on a Saturday night, I have been trying to perfect the noun since I moved here in 1995. I think that I do a pretty good job of it. Ususally, I do about 5 pork butts at a time and freeze the leftovers becasue it takes all day and I smell like I've been camping out for a week after smoking the butts.

And I use Dennis Roger's vinegar and hot pepper sauce.
    I am assuming it is not *this* "Dennis Rogers?"

http://www.dennisrogers.net/index.php

Seriously - go to the site; then check out some of his vids on YouTube. Never seen anything like it in my life... Especially the bending of the frying pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post

Seriously - go to the site; then check out some of his vids on YouTube. Never seen anything like it in my life... Especially the bending of the frying pan.
    No, this one:
    Dennis Rogers Version
    (Rogers is a popular columnist for the Raleigh News & Observer and self-proclaimed "Oracle of the Holy Grub".)
    1 gallon cider vinegar
    1/4 cup salt
    2 tablespoon red pepper
    3 tablespoon red pepper flakes
    1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar or 1/2 cup molasses
    ~rthomas

This reminds me of when I went to a Sonic and asked what kind of meat was in the hot dog. The response was awlmayt. Clearly I was confused. After repeating 2 more times the man on the other end got frustrated and enunciated "it has AWL KINDS, ALL MEAT"

I was impressed that sonic could fit hedgehog and condor in there, but hey, who am I to argue.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post

that can't be real can it?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    that can't be real can it?

Yes, it is. I first saw him on a Discovery Channel show about human strength. Amazing, huh?

Clearly, Throaty's mom hasn't voted. Her favorite is at 0.

Steak, hamburger, pot roast... it's what's for dinner!

I voted light meat but I include pork BBQ in that.

Pork BBQ, though I rarely eat it these days, is my most favorite meat. Can't beat it.

-EJ

Other

I had to vote "Other". Trying to pick a favorite meat is like trying to pick a favorite song or favorite artist. I love the stuff too much to have a favorite. My friends and I started a club, M.E.A.T.; Men Eating Animals Together.

I'm going to make breakfast now, with pork.

I like my meat orange.

It seems I'm on a salmon kick recently. Some may call it pink or red, but it's orange.

Filet Mignon, Prime Rib, Ribeye -medium rare - in other words COW.
    Also love corned beef and dark meat chicken.

porterhouse

Definitely beef.
    Nothing better than a nice medium rare steak.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    I will once again profess my love for Boerewors (as I have on several threads to date). In fact, perhaps the Atlanta Mafia will be up for a Braves game at some point this summer preceded by a tailgate where I will bring some of this delicious sausage and grill it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boerewors
    Who has it in Atlanta? I'd like to try grilling it.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

I voted for pork. Lord, I do miss my barbecue. Whenever to go home to High Point, I always stop at Kepleys and have a sandwich or two and an order of hush puppies. Makes me happy just to think about it. Here in Fairfield, CT, there is a restaurant that specializes in barbecued various things. The owner has won many cook offs, and is very proud of his business, but it just ain't Kepleys. And get this, guys, he doesn't serve hush puppies! (Not enough requests to justify the effort.) So I buy the meat, bring it home and make my own puppies. Ya'll don't know how good you have it living where the barbecue is good. Get on your knees right now and thank God for your good fortune.