Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Bad move by Hickson?"

Rivals.com lists charts the five best underclassmen to leave early and the five worst. N.C. State's J.J. Hickson tops their worst list.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
    I agree...he is far from ready

Is he all agented up? (that's right, I verbed agent. and verb. I'm on a roll).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Is he all agented up? (that's right, I verbed agent. and verb. I'm on a roll).
    Well when he entered the draft he decided to go unagented. I don't think there's been a change in the status quo in that regard.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=386953

p.s. I like the grammatical innovations

In his mild defense, it's not like things were going very well at State either.

Though I think Hickson is leaving too early (if he's already made his mind up), there's no doubt in my mind that he was going to end up in the NBA eventually, one way or another.

draft decision

No specific knowledge here, but it's possible there is an academic dimension to Hickson's decision.

I know of a case about a decade ago, when a certain football player turned pro, even though he had absolutely no chance of being drafted. When I asked the coach why he'd do something so dumb, the coach told me, "It sounds a lot better to quit because you're turning pro than to admit you're flunking out."

Again, don't know for sure about Hickson ... but I do know at the end, when you see some strange names remaining in the draft, academics will have a lot to do with it.

I don't get how this is a bad decision for Hickson. Sure, his stock may be slipping, but he hasn't signed with an agent and barring a huge showing at the NBA pre-draft camp or a really stupid decision he will be back at State next year.

So what has he risked losing by testing the waters this year? He loses the right to go through the same process next year but it's not like anyone expected Hickson to be at State for 3 years so he's really not lost out on anything.

Frankly, for a guy who clearly doesn't want to be in college in the first place his move is actually pretty smart.

Not Leaving!!

He Has Not Hired An Agent, Dummy's

He Is One Of 30 Guys Who Have Entered And Has Not Signed, For All We No He Could Say Hes Coming Back Tmrw.

So Calm Down Yall

Wow, I Didnt Even Post In This Thread Yet and I Feel Like A Dummy. Thanx 4 Pointing That Out.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Wow, I Didnt Even Post In This Thread Yet and I Feel Like A Dummy. Thanx 4 Pointing That Out.
    valiant effort, but your spelling and grammar were too good
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Hickson will be back.

As the saying goes, never say never. But my friends in Wolfpack land do not expect to see Hickson wearing State red again.

Hickson

Looks like there may be a lot of bad moves out there considering there are only about 60 draft picks and how many underclassmen have declared plus # of seniors and Europeans? Wonder if he speaks Greek or Russian ?

i heard he was transferring to duke

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i heard he was transferring to duke
    I heard Duke was firing Wojo to hire Hickson as a big man coach

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I heard Duke was firing Wojo to hire Hickson as a big man coach
    Player-coach?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    As the saying goes, never say never. But my friends in Wolfpack land do not expect to see Hickson wearing State red again.
    That should make the Wolfpack a guaranteed win for the few power ACC programs. Thank God they got Sidney Lowe instead of John Calipari.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    People i know at State tell me the same thing.

no guarantees

Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    That should make the Wolfpack a guaranteed win for the few power ACC programs.
    I disagree... they were a better team without Hickson than with him. If they can get some decent guard play then I have no doubt they can be better this season than they were last season, even if Hickson leaves. And I would never consider them a guaranteed win, because they always bring it against Duke; our two games this past year were by no means comfortable wins.

Maybe he's not ready to play in the NBA right now, but if he stays in college then he really risks losing some stock, so I don't get why it's such a bad decision for him to go.

I found this interesting. Scout.com lists these as being the "Schools of Interest" for Derrick Favors

Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, North Carolina State, Florida, North Carolina

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?yr=2...astName=favors
    Why kind of a coup would it be for Sidney if he landed Favors?