Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    that's old school thinking...PC'S will eventually be the eloi of the modern computer world...they will do nothing more than the grunt work of handling data UNTIL it gets to my I-pod, I-mac, I-TV, I-Phone, I-Car, I-brain...

aint nobody lining up at midnight to get the new ZUNE...or the latest VISTA.
    that's ignorant thinking.

the business world runs on PCs. Even in silicon valley I can tell you that even the most forward thinking and innovative companies use PCs. (I live and work in San Fran/silicon valley and my job is as an equity research associate covering digital media and wireless, so I might know what I'm talking about.)

moreover, you used the word "eventually" so yea, maybe in the future you'll be right, but right now, its just not happening.

additionally, the zune comment is irrelevant for two reasons: 1) its a consumer product not an enterpise one and 2) its not a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    that's ignorant thinking.

the business world runs on PCs. Even in silicon valley I can tell you that even the most forward thinking and innovative companies use PCs. (I live and work in San Fran/silicon valley and my job is as an equity research associate covering digital media and wireless, so I might know what I'm talking about.)

moreover, you used the word "eventually" so yea, maybe in the future you'll be right, but right now, its just not happening.

additionally, the zune comment is irrelevant for two reasons: 1) its a consumer product not an enterpise one and 2) its not a computer.
    Interestingly, the head of the litigation department at my law firm (not a small shop, with over 500+ attorneys around the world), thinks the business world will shift towards macs. No way of knowing, of course, but he's certainly not an ignorant guy. And he's got a job.

ouchie...

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Who said anything about funny? YOUR choice is certainly funny, but that's not the effect I was going for.

As I said - to each his own.
    Someone sure seems protective over the name they created, dont they?
    It is all about you, afterall...

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Interestingly, the head of the litigation department at my law firm (not a small shop, with over 500+ attorneys around the world), thinks the business world will shift towards macs. No way of knowing, of course, but he's certainly not an ignorant guy. And he's got a job.
    again. you're proving my point. "will shift" means in the future, and directly implies that right now the business world does indeed run on PCs not macs.

this is all way off-topic though, so I'll stop my thread hijacking.

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    It is all about you, afterall...
    In my daydream it WAS all about me! Serves me right for waking up, I guess.

You can call him whatever you want, bro. Drive safely!

Froot Loops vs. Apple Jacks

Hey, SilkyJ...considering the way most of these threads degenerate, I wouldn't worry too much about being branded a hijacker.

Slower the Barbarian

again. you're proving my point. "will shift" means in the future, and directly implies that right now the business world does indeed run on PCs not macs.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I did want to play off of your strident tone. It's hard to pass up on softballs like "get a job" and "ignorant thinking".

trying to get this back on track.

Czyz looked good, though it was a highlight film. I was impressed by his quick dribble to his left and then up for a jumper from 12-15 feet. Nice move.

I need more Olek highlights ASAP!!!

O. Czyzeski---new fan favoite.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    that's old school thinking...PC'S will eventually be the eloi of the modern computer world...they will do nothing more than the grunt work of handling data UNTIL it gets to my I-pod, I-mac, I-TV, I-Phone, I-Car, I-brain...

aint nobody lining up at midnight to get the new ZUNE...or the latest VISTA.
    haha... agreed 100%... well said

Think I did see some sharp passes from OC this time. Also shot-blocking. Would be nice to see more of that in 2008/9 Duke MBB.

But who did the fist-pump remind you of?

You really have to love this kid's aggressiveness. Throw it down, big man. Throw it dowwwwnnnn!

Czyz = Czar maybe?

And FYI, MAcs are making their move in the business world. Macs don't need VISTA!

I like it...

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    O. Czyzeski---new fan favoite.
    It'll look really cool on the back of a jersey.

Im very hopeful...

Cant wait to see him in a Duke uni.
    Once he gets badI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ed up, he should be a Holy Terror.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeimac View Post
    Czyz = Czar maybe?

And FYI, MAcs are making their move in the business world. Macs don't need VISTA!
    Neither do non-Macs.