Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Olek Czyz - 2008 State Title Highlights

Footage of Olek winning a second state title in late Feb 2008.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1eGN7CgMsOI

Thasnks for the link. It was a great game. The Vegas team looked absolutely awesome for the first several minutes and opened up a 15 point lead. They hit their first 18 free throws. But Olek's physicality, and the relentlessness of number 50 on Reno High, Austin Morgan, eventually made the difference. If you can pick out number 15 on the Vegas team, that's Elijah Johnson, an '09 top 35 or so, mentioned here a few days ago as possibly having some involvement with Duke.

Video now appears to have been removed. Is anyone else having a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Nope.

Mine froze halfway through

could have been youtube... just watched it... looking forward to watching this kid play...should be a riot to watch

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    could have been youtube... just watched it... looking forward to watching this kid play...should be a riot to watch

Based solely on all the videos I've seen, I believe he's almost a can't-miss fan fave (if he isn't one ALREADY). As I drift off into a daydream, I see Olek finishing off the break with a thunderous tomahawk over Hansblows.

Olek the Barbarian strikes!!!!!

Just a daydream at this point, but...

Hey, it could happen!

If you updated to the most recent version of Google Web Accelerator, it screws up most YouTube videos and you get that error or just a continual attempting to load. You would think that Google would resolve this considering that they also own YouTube. Disable or uninstall Google Web Accelerator. If you don't have GWA, try installing the latest version of Flash or Java RTE. Also, try running it in Firefox and Opera. Finally, clear your cache/cookies/etc. One of these solutions should solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Based solely on all the videos I've seen, I believe he's almost a can't-miss fan fave (if he isn't one ALREADY). As I drift off into a daydream, I see Olek finishing off the break with a thunderous tomahawk over Hansblows.

Olek the Barbarian strikes!!!!!
    maybe a daydream, but dreams do come true... at least i like to believe so!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    If you updated to the most recent version of Google Web Accelerator, it screws up most YouTube videos and you get that error or just a continual attempting to load. You would think that Google would resolve this considering that they also own YouTube. Disable or uninstall Google Web Accelerator. If you don't have GWA, try installing the latest version of Flash or Java RTE. Also, try running it in Firefox and Opera. Finally, clear your cache/cookies/etc. One of these solutions should solve your problem.
    Bluedog is now my official IT man. I do use google accelerator and I'll see if that's the issue. I don't like missing too many two handed tomahawk dunks.

Oh and can I state that I'm not really feeling the "Olek the Barbarian" nickname. Duke's never had a skywalker and I think Olek "Skywalker" Czyz has a nice little ring to it...

I also can see the student section chanting "Ole'" after every heart pounding dunk as well.

Just the dreamer in me...

I also can see the student section chanting "Ole'" after every heart pounding dunk as well.
    If Olek plays, it WILL HAPPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    get a mac

To Each His Own...

Oh and can I state that I'm not really feeling the "Olek the Barbarian" nickname. Duke's never had a skywalker and I think Olek "Skywalker" Czyz has a nice little ring to it...
    However, I DID say that it was MY daydream!

And in my daydream, we're going for maximum intimidation rather than style points. The simpler the better, preferably something using "power" words, such as Olek the Destroyer or The Hammer.

But as I said, to each his own...
    Last edited by -jk; 05-07-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

That's a good one. I hope the Crazies adopt the soccer-style "Oleeeeeeeeek, Olek, Olek, Olek" during his career.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    get a mac
    amen brother... i second that

Bluedog is now my official IT man. I do use google accelerator and I'll see if that's the issue. I don't like missing too many two handed tomahawk dunks.

I LOVE Olek the Barbarian. Just does it for me.

I do like the oleeeeek, olek, olek, olek...idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    get a mac
    get a job. the business world runs on PCs, and I don't know about you guys but 90% of my time on DBR is at work.

that said, I want a mac for my personal.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    get a job. the business world runs on PCs, and I don't know about you guys but 90% of my time on DBR is at work.

that said, I want a mac for my personal.
    that's old school thinking...PC'S will eventually be the eloi of the modern computer world...they will do nothing more than the grunt work of handling data UNTIL it gets to my I-pod, I-mac, I-TV, I-Phone, I-Car, I-brain...

aint nobody lining up at midnight to get the new ZUNE...or the latest VISTA.

barbarian?

I dont get it. Why is that funny?
    I guess I fail to fully appreciate it. Having several BWS Conan books there is only ONE barbarian to me.

Czyz is the Shzyz - that has a nicer ring to me...

Funny?

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I dont get it. Why is that funny?
    I guess I fail to fully appreciate it. Having several BWS Conan books there is only ONE barbarian to me.

Czyz is the Shzyz - that has a nicer ring to me...
    Who said anything about funny? YOUR choice is certainly funny, but that's not the effect I was going for.

As I said - to each his own.