View Poll Results: Who is toast this week?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • DCook

1 4.55%
  • Archulettabot 3000

0 0%
  • Syesha

2 9.09%
  • Castmustgo

19 86.36%

American Idol 5/6

Jason Castro: buh-bye!

Awful mix on David Cook's first song, "Hungry Like the Wolf" (btw, in what universe is THAT a hall of fame song, lol???) ... all vocal, no band.... made him sound worse than he was. Nice job on The Who.

Syesha seems to get better each week. Solid.

David A. once again sings with the precision of the best vocalist in your local church choir and all the soul of the Pillsbury Doughboy. If this young man is truly the American Idol, then I am Duke's next big man coach

Actually, I thought David Archuleta connected with his audience/viewers/humanity in a way he hadn't before. And his voice cracked a little at the end of the second song, both of which suggest he may not be a robot after all. As someone who wants to see him disassembled from this show, I was disappointed.

Syesha Mercado, my co-favorite since the beginning (along with Michael Johns), almost comes across as a throwback -- to previous Idol seasons. She's seemed out of place with all these contestants playing instruments, but has managed to stick around because she's better than many of them. (And while she's beautiful, I miss her old fun hairdo.)

It may not seem like it, but David Cook really blew it this week. Out of all the songs from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame artists, he goes with "Hungry Like the Wolf" and "Baba O'Riley"? Such a waste -- he's been the savviest singer this season, so he should have known that a 90-second snippet of the latter would just have him say "teenage wasteland" over and over.

Jason Castro has long outlived his usefulness on this show, but if he stays around at the expense of Syesha (or David Cook), I may stop watching.

If the mods were to add a poll, I think -- I hope -- that we'd finally pick the loser.

We thought our recorder had just missed the tracks of music. The age mix of voters will make the last few choices interesting and I think bizarre.

Wink And now for something completely different ... a ballad

Quote Originally Posted by edensquad View Post
    Jason Castro: buh-bye!

Awful mix on David Cook's first song, "Hungry Like the Wolf" (btw, in what universe is THAT a hall of fame song, lol???) ... all vocal, no band.... made him sound worse than he was. Nice job on The Who.

Syesha seems to get better each week. Solid.

David A. once again sings with the precision of the best vocalist in your local church choir and all the soul of the Pillsbury Doughboy. If this young man is truly the American Idol, then I am Duke's next big man coach
    Castro is either incredibly smug or is doing EVERYTHING in the world to leave the show. Forgetting lyrics to Mr. Tambourine Man! ARRGH!! I am getting flashbacks to Season 1 when Nikki McKibbin made it to the final three. Part of me wants to agree with that link that JasonEvans posted the other day, in which Castro wants to get off the show. Perhaps it's the group that votes the worst person each week.

I am afraid that Cook may go, a la Daughtry. I don't understand the Duran Duran selection, other than being an attempt to appeal to a particular age group OTHER than those who enjoy classic 60's/70's rock. If that was the case, perhaps Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or Guns N' Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" would have made more sense. His "Baba O'Riley" was great.

Syesha has more character than anyone else.

Archuletabot was steady last night, but I nearly died when he said he would change things up last night, and do something he hadn't done before, a LOVE SONG (Love Me Tender). He's Johnny Mathis, minus the soul (the Pillsbury Doughboy analogy is precisely my feeling). Technically a solid singer, but just plain vapid.

I hate to say it, but Cook is toast. I hope I am wrong, but I fear I have it correct... for once.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Castro is either incredibly smug or is doing EVERYTHING in the world to leave the show. Forgetting lyrics to Mr. Tambourine Man! ARRGH!!
    Not only that, but it was high time he tried something different, something with a beat. I just don't recall hearing any percussion in his songs, not even an itty bitty ol tambourine. Good golly Miss Molly, here it is rock and roll week, and he picks a reggae song and a folk rock song. I would say smug is the word, but grease is more like it. Greasy as a (fill in the blank.) This guy's a real killjoy. He should have been off the show weeks ago. Thank God for Tivo. Sanjaya may have been bad last year, but at least he had some charisma, some entertainment value.

Syesha sounded really good. Despite that, she might have been in trouble were it not for Castro's horrific performance on both his songs.

IMO, Castro was horrible on purpose. Dude just wants to go home.

A pretty weak show last night. I liked Archie's first song, but he reverted to his typical self with #2. Syesha was solid, especially with her 2nd one, and the tears won't hurt her either. Cook's 2nd performance was better, but not deserving of the praise the judges gave him.

Even his large fan base won't sneak Castro into the top 3. He's done.

I have a strange feeling that Syesha will go despite Jason having the worst night. Simon's "pack your bags" comment will get him some sympathy votes and he seems to have a larger fan base than her.

Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    I have a strange feeling that Syesha will go despite Jason having the worst night. Simon's "pack your bags" comment will get him some sympathy votes and he seems to have a larger fan base than her.
    Dial Idol is predicting Castro to go. This is the first time they have predicted someone to be voted off, rather than being in danger of being voted off.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

The vote

I must admit that I missed all but a couple of moments of the show last night to watch election coverage.

Okay, I understand that Castro was awful. What does that have to do with him getting voted off the show? He was godawful the last two weeks and wasn't even in the bottom two, while singers with much, MUCH better performances were booted.

I will be pleasently surprised if Castro gets the axe, but site unseen, I'm betting Sayesha goes -- and it doesn't matter how good she was.

Comments written in white so as not to give it away

Whew!! Our long national nightmare is over!!

Good to see Bo Bice was on stage.

On to the top 3: Syesha, David C, and David A!

And my record on the polls is still .000!!

Hopefully David Cook will do well next week. 3 songs each.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Whew!! Our long national nightmare is over!!

Good to see Bo Bice was on stage.

On to the top 3: Syesha, David C, and David A!

And my record on the polls is still .000!!

Hopefully David Cook will do well next week. 3 songs each.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Understand why you did this, but ouch! Any way to "unwhite" this type of post in the future?

BTW, this was a good outcome. Syesha has grown on me. I actually like her the best now, but she has no chance of winning.

I too

like Syesha the best. She is a longshot. I think she leaves next week.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Understand why you did this, but ouch!
    Ouch? Haha, I hope you're highlighting over it and not trying to read white on slighty-darker-white.

White out

Understand why you did this, but ouch! Any way to "unwhite" this type of post in the future?

BTW, this was a good outcome. Syesha has grown on me. I actually like her the best now, but she has no chance of winning.
    Sorry, but it beats posting and giving it away to the folks on the West Coast. As others have said, simply highlight it. Sorry for the headache.

Agreed completely on Syesha. At the very least, I believe she has made herself a few solid opportunities in the business. And as we know, you never know until the tallies are in. I hope Cook wins it, but nothing is guaranteed.

I hope Bice is okay. He went through a lot of medical issues since his Idol days. Still like what he did with "Vehicle."

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Sorry, but it beats posting and giving it away to the folks on the West Coast. As others have said, simply highlight it. Sorry for the headache.

Agreed completely on Syesha. At the very least, I believe she has made herself a few solid opportunities in the business. And as we know, you never know until the tallies are in. I hope Cook wins it, but nothing is guaranteed.

I hope Bice is okay. He went through a lot of medical issues since his Idol days. Still like what he did with "Vehicle."

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Wasn't criticizing you at all. Was just showing my ignorance as to how to overcome the (well intentioned) format. And yes, Snow, I lifted my laptop at an angle to read. Now I know how to handle...

I agree with one of the judges (Randy?). Syesha will be Broadway bound. Just seems to be her style and personality.

Wasn't criticizing you at all. Was just showing my ignorance as to how to overcome the (well intentioned) format. And yes, Snow, I lifted my laptop at an angle to read.
    It happened to me to the first time I saw it (Jumbo's DBR quiz).

Cheers,
    Lavabe

It happened to me to the first time I saw it (Jumbo's DBR quiz).

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    So much to learn...so little time.

Archuletabot Dad

Seems as though the robot's dad is causing trouble:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ap/index.html

Cheers,
    Lavabe