How about this for an off-season discussion. I've always thought that the coach was the most important factor in the long term success of any program and in the best periods for the ACC we've had great coaches that would be successful in any league. Even with what I considered the weaker coaches during those times, Cremins and Drisell, could consistently put together competitive teams with good recruiting and motivation. So here's my stab at ranking the ACC coaches that I can. I welcome any comments.

1. Coach K
2. Roy Williams
3. Greenberg - While I am not a big fan of his teams, I am impressed with his ability to get what he does with the players he has.
4. Haith - See the Greenberg comment. I think he will get some players soon.
5. Skinner - Great coach. Poor recruiting is going to get him fired
6. Oliver Purnell - I think he's a good coach. Just can't seem to get over the hump. Maybe next year or the next or the next.
7. Gary Williams - Continually finds b list players that can play. I have never thought of him as a great coach but his teams play with fire (at least against Duke)
8 Hewitt - Seems to get the most out of his players. Somthing just seems to always happen to his teams.
9. Lowe - I think he's a good coach. Teams so far just seem snakebit.
10. Hamilton - I like Hamilton but it's time for him to start showing some sustained progress.
11. Leitao - Gotta go. The sooner Va shows him the door the sooner they'll be competitive.

I know I left Gaudio out. I think he might prove to be upper tier but I haven't seen enough to judge. Maybe someone else has an opinion.

My sad conclusion after my ranking is that I am only confident that half the coaches are good enough to raise the ACC from its so-so showings as evident from NCAA play from the past couple of years. On the plus side the only disaster is at UVA.