Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

if your objective is to "fill a cup"

... Ive heard good things about drinking pickle juice.

Not a euphamisim for anything... literally, the juice that packs pickles in a jar.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    and other diet pills, I just read an article based on a scientific study saying that eating an apple about twenty minutes before each meal resulted in similar weight loss to diet pills. Apparently there is some chemical in apples that triggers similar reactions in people to diet pills, thus controlling appetite, resulting in people eating less at their meals and losing weight. I'm not a nutritionist, but I found it interesting, and I figure you're probably better off eating an apple than popping a pill.
    Can you eat any apple and it'll have the same effect? I'd heard green apples are more effective for waking you up than coffee. Maybe I'll try this study with apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    During this time, did he eat anything?
    No. I couldn't believe it either when he told me, but his wife confirmed it, and he's the type of guy that would go all out.

Apparently a couple dozen table spoons of maple syrup and the lemon juice provide enough sugar and vitamin C. I don't know where you get the protein. I decided to google it, and low and behold it has a Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse

Apparently people drink tea as well to go with it. Sounds pretty stupid IMHO, but the dude here said he felt great at the end of 10 days.

I had a friend who every year or so did a "fast" of sorts; only red grapes and water for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    A guy I work for just did this "ultra-cleanse" thing for 10 days.

It essentially (and I'm speaking from memory so measurements may be off) was 8-12 pints of a concoction consisting of mostly water, a few table spoons of maple syrup, some lemon juice and some cayenne pepper. Each morning when he woke up, he also drank a pint of saltwater. Nothing else. No vitamins, supplements, nothing.

He said the first 3 days were hell, but by day 10 he could have kept going and had lots of energy. He also said that he couldn't plan anything within an hour after he drank that saltwater.

Not for me, but apparently, this isn't an unpopular method of "cleansing."
    Instead of cayenne pepper, use Texas Pete. It mixes better. Cayenne pepper just sits on top of the mixture. Also, most "maple syrup" is made of high fructose corn syrup. Log Cabin isn't real maple syrup. If you don't have real maple syrup, you might want to try honey instead. Out of lemon juice? Use cider vinegar.
    This method of detoxing the system is pretty popular. Cheap, too. And it isn't about losing weight. It's about cleaning your innards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRose77 View Post
    Instead of cayenne pepper, use Texas Pete. It mixes better. Cayenne pepper just sits on top of the mixture. Also, most "maple syrup" is made of high fructose corn syrup. Log Cabin isn't real maple syrup. If you don't have real maple syrup, you might want to try honey instead. Out of lemon juice? Use cider vinegar.
    This method of detoxing the system is pretty popular. Cheap, too. And it isn't about losing weight. It's about cleaning your innards.
    You know, if the heart, the soul are innards, then I do want a detox - because this big fella has so much more love he wants to give. You see, I've found that the more bitterness you take OUT of the heart, the more love you have to put IN to the world and humanity.

Owen Wilson.jpg

-EJ

You know, if the heart, the soul are innards, then I do want a detox - because this big fella has so much more love he wants to give. You see, I've found that the more bitterness you take OUT of the heart, the more love you have to put IN to the world and humanity.

Owen Wilson.jpg

-EJ
    A wonderful sentiment. Thanks EJ.

i guess this thread is a good place for this question:

are hycolonics (sp?) good for you? My buddy's fiance is trying to get him to do it - I told him he's crazy. I have no medical background - but from what I can tell doctors say it isnt good and homeopathic types say its great.

Anyone with actual knowledge know?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

-EJ
    "And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

-- The Beatles

My trainer recommends a three day detox--day one is nothing but fruit and fruit juice, day two nothing but water, day three back to fruit and fruit juice. Not that bad and very cleansing.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

-- The Beatles
    Awesome!

Go to 1:40 into the clip.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

detox

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Awesome!

Go to 1:40 into the clip.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    All you need is love...

Love is all you need...

Cranberry juice and LOTS and water -- and more water. Fiber.

More juice and fruit. Oatmeal to stave off hunger. More water and some protein -- a nice rare steak?

Exercise, with all this and then add a carb or two -- a little pasta? Garlic is always welcome. Water, water, water.