Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    roxboro nc

    Welcome Coach Badass!

    wral Tv Reported At 6pm That Nate James Would Be Named New Assistant Coach.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ← Bay / Valley ↓
    hilarious title... gotta love the fact that "badass" passes the filter but the two words separately do not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    roxboro nc
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghoops View Post
    wral Tv Reported At 6pm That Nate James Would Be Named New Assistant Coach.
    excellent choice, i think nate will be a great asset to the staff, i know he will work hard with the kids. and he is a "badass"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville, NC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sewanee, Tennessee

    I searched threads before posting...

    Sorry not to know this - did the "Nate's a Bad---" chant start in '01? May I have some background?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    Sorry not to know this - did the "Nate's a Bad---" chant start in '01? May I have some background?
    No, the chant started in the delivery room when Nate punched his way out of his mother's womb and then slapped the doctor for not having his scotch waiting for him.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham
    Anyone know of any other staff changes? Is anyone following Johnny to Stanford?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ← Bay / Valley ↓
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    No, the chant started in the delivery room when Nate punched his way out of his mother's womb and then slapped the doctor for not having his scotch waiting for him.
    You're clearly mistaken. Nate James was never born. He always was.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sewanee, Tennessee
    Okay, this is sounding like a Chuck Norris thread. I'm just trying to educate myself here, people.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    Okay, this is sounding like a Chuck Norris thread. I'm just trying to educate myself here, people.
    Yes, "Nate's a badass" was a common cheer for him during his playing days due to his "take no prisoners" on-court demeanor and general badassery

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    This is great news! Nate is an excellent choice for numerous reasons. One of my all time favorite players. Exact opposite of "soft"! I think Nate will do a good job and he will definitely be able to relate to today's players. I hope he gets involved with recruiting! Great way to start the week.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sewanee, Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Yes, "Nate's a badass" was a common cheer for him during his playing days due to his "take no prisoners" on-court demeanor and general badassery
    Thanks, tbyers.

  14. #14
    Awesome. Dunno if Nate has any experience/background in coaching, but a great addition to the team.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Awesome. Dunno if Nate has any experience/background in coaching, but a great addition to the team.
    I believe he joined the staff as assistant strength and conditioning coach just this last January and before that he was playing overseas.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by kramerbr View Post
    I believe he joined the staff as assistant strength and conditioning coach just this last January and before that he was playing overseas.
    He has in fact been a strength and conditioning coach.

    Our captain, o captain Mr. Nelson had this to say of James' impact back in February:
    I think that he's been a great addition to our program and I think hes going to be great. Hes another guy who played in the system, played under coach. He had a great career here, and hes just another resource for wisdom, for learning, another guy we can grab for workouts when time permits. I think hes going to do a great job.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ← Bay / Valley ↓
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    Okay, this is sounding like a Chuck Norris thread. I'm just trying to educate myself here, people.
    Sorry, I ignored the original question because I don't know for sure, but AFAIK, we had that cheer in the '99-'00 season as well. Before that, I have no clue.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    YAY.....let the badassing begin!!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampa

    Congrats CBA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Exact opposite of "soft"!
    I love that description of Coach Badass(CBA). Imagine having to answer to CBA after practicing soft.

    How many days until practice starts?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Just my 2 cents, but Coach Badass rates right up there with Coach Cut.I will not join , I prefer to call him Nate James or Coach James.

Similar Threads

  1. Coach K Reference in Article on Blacklisted Coach
    By Devil07 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:33 PM
  2. Who's the biggest badass?
    By davekay1971 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
  3. Coach K a finalist for USBWA Coach of the Year award
    By Mike Corey in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
  4. New Football Coach...congratulations Coach Cutcliffe
    By Bluedawg in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
  5. Coach G is national Coach of the Year
    By Tappan Zee Devil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •