Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4135606

From this past weekend

Marshall Plumlee C (6-11, 200)
    2011, Warsaw, Ind. / Christ School (NC)

Plumlee has continued to improve. He is still a work in progress both physically and skill wise but is talented and has a terrific upside. Plumlee has an excellent basketball IQ and fundamentally sound for a young player his size. He runs the floor well and is mobile. At times he will shy away from contact but as he adds strength that should change because he competes on both ends of the floor. On defense he plays with his hands up and blocks and charges shots because he does a nice job of making the opponent shoot over him. Plumlee has good hands and footwork in the post. He likes to post on the left low block and spin baseline or drop step and use his height to score over the top. Plumlee also has the ability to step out of the low post and be very affective. He has an excellent shooting stroke and knocked 15 foot jumpers with great confidence. Passing under pressure and out of the post when doubled is an area of improvement for this young post. At times he allows the defense to speed him up and he may rush to get rid off the ball that will result in a turnover. Post players tend to develop at a slower rate the guards and Plumlee is no different but when he hits his peak watch out!

I would rather get James McAdoo, but...

I thought him and Andre Dawkins were buddies. Andre better step up his recruiting magic, that is what we got him for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post

I thought him and Andre Dawkins were buddies. Andre better step up his recruiting magic, that is what we got him for, right?
    It would be nice to have a mobile, skilled center.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post

I'll take both.

One is a center, one is a PF. Although McAdoo IS a McAdoo... so we'll see.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

I like the idea of a Plumlee era

It is often said that Coach K doesn't just recruit student athletes, he recruits families. This would be a neat thing. All 3 have a skill set that is complementary to a team concept regardless of other recruits. I know we have not seen much at this level yet, but they seem to be "glue" guys, and versatile bigs that are just scratching the surface. MP cubed would be cool to see - especially since they are from different classes, and levels of development. It would also be interesting to see how different they play since it is more natural to look at similarities. The dynamic is compelling when looking at them as brothers, and as individuals...and hopefully as teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue225 View Post
    he's actually a rising junior
    You're quoting a post from May 2008. At the time of the post, he was still a freshman.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=3900

Now has an offer from the 2006 and 2007 champion Florida Gators

Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=3900

Now has an offer from the 2006 and 2007 champion Florida Gators
    By the time he's available, maybe they will have extended their streak to 4 straight NIT appearances.

Billy Donovan is a great recruiter, and only a decent coach, IMO.

Edit: Like Rick Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    It is often said that Coach K doesn't just recruit student athletes, he recruits families. This would be a neat thing. All 3 have a skill set that is complementary to a team concept regardless of other recruits. I know we have not seen much at this level yet, but they seem to be "glue" guys, and versatile bigs that are just scratching the surface. MP cubed would be cool to see - especially since they are from different classes, and levels of development. It would also be interesting to see how different they play since it is more natural to look at similarities. The dynamic is compelling when looking at them as brothers, and as individuals...and hopefully as teammates.
    That would be some jersey trouble. Mar. Plumlee, Mi. Plumlee, and Mas. Plumlee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    A problem I would love to have!

Quote Originally Posted by hancock 4 duke View Post
    that would be some jersey trouble. Mar. Plumlee, mi. Plumlee, and mas. Plumlee.
    mp1, mp2, mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    Mas Plumlee por favor!

If we have those three shirts, I vote for a forth to be made up with "Perky" on it.

Their home court, the 1,000-seat Greenie Dome field house, is a secret weapon. The Greenies are 40-1 in the past three seasons and are urged on by the entire student body painted green, standing throughout the entire game.

"It's like Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium; we think it's a special place and tough place for opponents," Gaines said.
    Come play home games in the real thing...

I am surprissed espn had miles at 6 9

Any updates with Marshall?

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    By the time he's available, maybe they will have extended their streak to 4 straight NIT appearances.

Billy Donovan is a great recruiter, and only a decent coach, IMO.

Edit: Like Rick Barnes.
    You are joking aren't you ? " Billy Donovan is only a decent coach ". Name another coach not named Coach K or John Wooden who has won back to back NCAA championships?

Right now Donovan is right up there with Coach K, Jim Calhoun, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Rick Pittino, and possibly Bill Self as being the best college basketball coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    You are joking aren't you ? " Billy Donovan is only a decent coach ". Name another coach not named Coach K or John Wooden who has won back to back NCAA championships?
    How about 4? Henry Iba. Phil Woolpert. Adolph Rupp. Ed Jucker.