Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Obama plays with Hansbrough

Found this vid of Sen. Obama shooting hoops in Chapel Hell...sigh. Another strike against. Is that Reggie on the bench at the end?

I have some footage of McCain playing shuffle board with Dean, but it's on a BetaMax.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Found this vid of Sen. Obama shooting hoops in Chapel Hell...sigh. Another strike against. Is that Reggie on the bench at the end?
    Did Hans flop trying to take a charge? We KNOW Hans traveled when he had the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I have some footage of McCain playing shuffle board with Dean, but it's on a BetaMax.
    You do mean cave paintings don't you? Can you see the cigarette in Dean's mouth? (He hates it when we say that )

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

You do mean cave paintings don't you?
    Aren't there scrolls about McCain playing in the U.S. Open with Bobby Jones?

Thank god i'm voting for Hillary...

I know who I'm not voting for.
    And his stroke is garbage.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Let's keep this light and connect to Duke and/or Carolina hoops, please. If it sidetracks into politics, we'll have to move it to the PPB.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Looks like Hansbrough knows nothing about national defense!

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Let's keep this light and connect to Duke and/or Carolina hoops, please. If it sidetracks into politics, we'll have to move it to the PPB.
    Based on the link it should already be there.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    You make that move sound like a form of punishment.

I'm all for Obama's video-op. Young though he is, he's not going to hang in there with a bunch of college players of UNC's caliber. He managed to not look completely awful, which is all you can hope for in a senator these days.

As for the Chapel Hill location, well, why not? He's trying to get NC votes; no point playing at Duke, as the NY/NJ/PA primaries have already passed. (I strongly suspect he'll make a similar visit to Lexington in a few weeks.)

Now I look forward to Hillary Clinton paying a visit to Sylvia Hatchell, so they can compare attack strategies and outfits.

Final note: is this all a roundabout way of courting John Edwards' support or VP potential?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    ...is this all a roundabout way of courting John Edwards' support or VP potential?

Yee gods, why do you have to bring HIS name into it? Doesn't Obama have enough to deal with? Yikes.

If ...

If Obama can get into the lane against Carolina, why can't Paulus?

I thought McCain was scrimmaging against the Bobcats so he could play against someone his own age.

If UNC's guys stay in the draft Obama would probably get PT in their backcourt.

I though Reggie Love was Obama's workout buddy on the campaign trail. I would have loved to see Reggie play in that pickup game.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    As for the Chapel Hill location, well, why not? He's trying to get NC votes; no point playing at Duke, as the NY/NJ/PA primaries have already passed. (I strongly suspect he'll make a similar visit to Lexington in a few weeks.)
    Just wondering, are teams allowed to scrimmage with the coach on site until the end of the semester or season? I guess the rules have changed or this was taped during the season.

possible violation

Quote Originally Posted by dukejunkie View Post
    Just wondering, are teams allowed to scrimmage with the coach on site until the end of the semester or season? I guess the rules have changed or this was taped during the season.
    Yeah, they were talking about this on the radio yesterday. The coach is not allowed to be present when more than four players are scrimmaging or playing pickup during the offseason. Carolina claimed that this was an "exceptional circumstance" which required Roy Williams to be present.

I personally don't think it should be a big deal, but historically the NCAA is pretty tight about its rules and likes to apply them in the absence of common sense. So we'll see what, if anything happens.

Here's hoping the photos of Obama visiting a UNC frat house never see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Here's hoping the photos of Obama visiting a UNC frat house never see the light of day.
    And conversely, here's hoping they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

Was Reggie showing him around?