Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NCAA Football 2009

Okay I'm starting another thread here for the discussion of this topic as I don't want it hijacking the GTA4 thread. In my post there, I was referring to the football game, not the basketball version (March Madness) but yes, this years version will include an Online Dynasty. Im not sure exactly how it will work, but I am assuming you will take a team and sign up for a Dynasty online, in which others will do the same, and you will compete with them in an online league, all ran by the game and the PS Network (or 360) servers. I played several games online last year and never really noticed much lag. If you wanna see a preview of it, which has me already super hyped , check out the link below and watch the video.(Game comes out Jul 15th, 3 days before my birthday ) It takes you through several of the new features and online dynasty is one of the ones mentioned. Check it out!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=14907

This is my one "must buy" every year. I hope they fix the recruiting from this past years game. The happy/angry football was pretty silly.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    This is my one "must buy" every year. I hope they fix the recruiting from this past years game. The happy/angry football was pretty silly.
    Yeah I agree with you on that one, regarding the recruiting aspect. Its also a must buy for me each year, even moreso than Madden. Ive always liked the NCAA version better for some reason. Seems to play faster, whereas Madden has always seemed sluggish in comparison.

Funny thing is, every year the release of NCAA was like a holiday for me, took the day off work to play it, and my house became the place where non-sports video games went to die Now I've actually gotten into COD4 for the PS3 and got hooked on it, so I'm going to give GTA4 a chance as well. Also waiting on the final installment of Metal Gear Solid as I've always loved that series. The only thing I HATE about when I get NCAA is waiting a week or so to start my dynasty due to wanting the official rosters before I start one.

Last years version for the PS3 though was the best game I'd ever played up until I got into COD4, with the saving and uploading of replays, making your own homepage to share with other players, etc, it was just awesome. Now being able to play an online dynasty just takes the cake for me. This means you'll actually be competing with other online users for recruits! Its going to be like having our own college football universe! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

I'll be picking this game up. I am planning to alternate years between Madden and NCAA. Madden usually has a little more polish to it, but I love to run the option and play the greater variety of teams in NCAA.

Also on my must buy list every year. I always play dynasty and complete about 6 or 7 seasons so I can export the draft classes and draft the players in Madden.

I hope they simplify the recruiting. It was great that it was in depth but I spent as much time recruiting than I did playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJay View Post

Last years version for the PS3 though was the best game I'd ever played up until I got into COD4, with the saving and uploading of replays, making your own homepage to share with other players, etc, it was just awesome. Now being able to play an online dynasty just takes the cake for me. This means you'll actually be competing with other online users for recruits! Its going to be like having our own college football universe! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

What school do you play with when you create a dynasty? Do you lead Duke to glory? Or do you go with a traditional powerhouse?

Ohhh football.

Can I sort of hijack this thread for basketball? I meant indeed every game for my own team (not Duke... Shane State! Go Defenders! This small school is in Durham, NC and is a real powerhouse! Behind Coach Wojo, the Defenders are almost unbeatable in Battier Arena!)

Am I a nerd? Whatever. I also have an excel spreadsheet tracking every player over their entire Shane State career. Whatever.

I dunno...I love NCAA and bought 2008 but was sorely disappointed. The UI was god-awful. Every recruiting move took 3x as long as it should because they had to have a cool spinny, whiz-bang menu effect. This happened constantly, totally frustrated me, and I quit after about 5 plays.

I don't mind that there are a lot of options, but they should implement in such a way that I don't have to spend 6 hours on a recruiting session.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Shane State! Go Defenders! This small school is in Durham, NC and is a real powerhouse! Behind Coach Wojo, the Defenders are almost unbeatable in Battier Arena!)
    This part is understandable. It's fun to create a school and all kinds of stuff like that.

I also have an excel spreadsheet tracking every player over their entire Shane State career. Whatever.
    Ok, yep. Nerd status has been reached.

Reached, and passed!

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    What school do you play with when you create a dynasty? Do you lead Duke to glory? Or do you go with a traditional powerhouse?
    I almost exclusively play with the Commodores. It takes a few undefeated seasons to get the BCS to take them seriously. Oddly enough, the CPU tends to make Notre Dame the other powerhouse in the game as you get into seasons 5-10. Must be some ND grads that work for EA Sports.

I've been playing Madden since the mid-90's. I started playing EA Sports NCAA Football around '03 or '04. The game really helps me learn about the potential stars on college teams I usually have no desire to watch.

The 1st time I played NCAA football, I remember saying to myself "who is this ultra fast freshman for USC" (Reggie Bush) and "who is this Pitt WR?" (Larry Fitzgerald). Now, I keep an eye on several college teams in RL because of the video game. In the time before I started playing I only followed 2-3 college football teams.

Also, I love importing NCAA Football players into Madden. I usually play 4-5 NCAA seasons for Madden draft purposes. It was cool to have Reggie Bush in my Madden Football game back in '05. Its cool to play Madden season mode knowing that 90-25% of the drafted rookies, over a few Madden seasons, are real college players.

On the PS2 (my previous NCAA Football system), I had to purchase a $20 memory card on Ebay to obtain all of the real college player names. Hopefully, the PS3 will allow me to download the player names for free. Does anyone know if the real name rosters are free on the PS3?

I usually start playing NCAA Football as a historical powerhouse team (ND or Mich) so I can learn the ropes for 2-3 seasons. Then I restart as Duke. My goal is to get a top-20 recruiting class within 2-3 years and win a BCS bowl in 3-5 years. Obviously, I need to start increasing the game difficulty to make this a more realistic stretch goal...

I typically go with Miami, as I am a diehard Hurricanes football fan, but occasionally when I want a very tough challenge, will take Duke and try to bring them to glory. Dad raised me on Duke basketball but never watched college football so I was left to fend for myself. Miami recruited me in HS to play baseball there, and offered me a scholarship, went down for a football game during the recruiting and fell in love with the football team, so I've be true to my Canes ever since, the same as I am with Duke basketball.(although with Duke, thats been in my blood since I was born practically)

And Bison!! When you gettin back on COD4? I had a blast playing with you and your buddy that night, we were kicking names and taking butt!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBisonDevil View Post
    On the PS2 (my previous NCAA Football system), I had to purchase a $20 memory card on Ebay to obtain all of the real college player names. Hopefully, the PS3 will allow me to download the player names for free. Does anyone know if the real name rosters are free on the PS3?
    Dude, don't let anyone rip you off like that again for rosters! There are several folks out there that release their rosters for free, and are typically the rosters that the "pay sites" copy and use as their base for their own rosters. Cheap right?? I will make sure you have the rosters this year for free. I get them, move them to my flash drive, then to the PS3 and off with my season. Its a little more detailed than it was moving them on a PS2, but once you know how to do it, its simple. Just make sure you remind me (since its 2 and 1/2 months away) and I will hook you up with the rosters. I hate seeing those people make money on the net for something available for free.

Quote Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
    I dunno...I love NCAA and bought 2008 but was sorely disappointed. The UI was god-awful. Every recruiting move took 3x as long as it should because they had to have a cool spinny, whiz-bang menu effect. This happened constantly, totally frustrated me, and I quit after about 5 plays.

I don't mind that there are a lot of options, but they should implement in such a way that I don't have to spend 6 hours on a recruiting session.

Wow, what system did you have it for? I had it on PS3 and it was the best game I'd ever played up to that point. The game was just so realistic to me, I was addicted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJay View Post
    And Bison!! When you gettin back on COD4? I had a blast playing with you and your buddy that night, we were kicking names and taking butt!
    I'm on business travel for the next week in New Orleans . I'll be back May 8th

Quote Originally Posted by MrBisonDevil View Post
    I'm on business travel for the next week in New Orleans . I'll be back May 8th
    Ah okay. Well myself and Mr. BNet have been playing together a little bit, after I helped him sort out his PS3 issues he was having. Mine messed up after downloading the new maps, had to reinstall everything, but it didn't take much over 20 minutes, which did seem like an eternity as my friends were waiting for me to get on, and I had to reformat. Either way though got it fixed and didn't have to ship my PS3 off like some other systems seem to have to do at every little hiccup

Nebraska because I went to school there. When Callahan was the coach the game had them running the west coast offense. I would recruit players that would be better suited for the classic I-formation option offense they ran when Osborne was coaching.

I play dynasty mode solely for recruiting. I am uninterested by the gameplay as even on the most difficult mode I am challenged only rarely. The Notre Dame effect is just the prestige allowing the computer to pull in top classes.

rosters

You will be able to download the rosters on day one since it has a roster sare feature and someone always has the entire roster put in to give away. I say that we get a online dynasty going on here. Any 360 owners interested? I look forward to bringing duke to glory....