Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wheat

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Johnboy,
    I lurk alot more these days with not much time to post. After the way the Heels departed this year, I decided it was better not to post anything until I settled down or I knew I would regret it.
    Fishing is going ok, winning some money, but it could always be better. You should be following the free fantasy fishing game they have now and try to take some of wal-mart's money. I tried to put up a post for everyone about it on the off topic board, but I think James thought I was selling something and took it down. If he lets this stay up, check out my web site at 4tarpon.com and follow the Bass fishing links.

Note: James, if you delete this I'll get the point and never bring it up again

A couple of quick thought's...
    Danny Green is Okulaja. He is a good player, but destined for Europe.
    Seems like Ty Lawson has wanted to leave for the NBA since HS. He's gone I'd say.
    Ellington can't create at the next level just yet due to poor ballhandling skills for his position. He needs to work on that before he should even think about it.

Wheat/"/"/"
    You have been gone a while, man, as James has not been around here for quite a long time, since the inception of the new boards. Except, of course, when he visited(we think) after we beat youse guyz(sic) in chappaheeya . He tends to like those kind of outcomes. Always good to hear from you, whether it be from a light blue perspective with some rational thinking, or about the fishin' bidness(sic). Come visit (and post) more often.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the idea and probability that the current three time all American and the consensus national player of the year just might just be able to have a solid workmanlike career in the NBA against what will often be considered a bunch of lazy, whiney but gifted athletes.
    Geez, Roy can't win with his players, he's a Kansas lover and a choker all in the same post. What's next there cow pie?.. excuse me, I mean Moonpie... you gonna try to tell me my mamma wears army boots

devildeac... I know I 've been a little distracted lately, but I thought James was still the tech wiz here. He always did love to zing me if he could. Just like a good Duke man should. I'll try to get by more often.

Inonehand...I see his NBA numbers at around 12 and 8 with the other team dreading seeing him come in off the bench.

EDouble... I'm betting he has an allowance somewhere shy of $500,000 grand a year but acceptable for the time being, and I have to say I've been to the UNC campus, so it's my guess he's around plenty of hot chicks. After all, we're not talkin' Durham

Wheat/"/"/"

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    $500,000/year and lots of hot chicks.
    I'm going to assume that he's already getting one of those now. If there's one compliment I could pay to the campus of UNC...

I'm fairly confident Tyler Hansbrough will have a fine NBA career. He'll never be an All-Star, he may never even start. But he'll be in the league for a while and he'll make his money. People are under the idea that if Hansbrough isn't an NBA All-Star, his career should be labeled a bust and that's just wrong.

If nothing else, Hansbrough will be asked to rebound and play defense, something I'm sure he's more than capable of doing in the league. Nobody's saying he's gonna be "the man" like he is at UNC, but he'll be a solid NBA player, no more and no less.

And MoonPie23, while I hope you're right about Hansbrough never cutting down the nets, I personally have to imagine that between Green, Ellington and Lawson, 2 of the 3 come back. If that's the case, they'll have an even better shot to win it all than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I think the "fraud" theory it also has to do with a player's stock, and this happens much more in football than it does in basketball. For example, Josh McRoberts could've gone to the NBA out of HS but decided to come to Duke. By the time Josh was a sophomore, he realized that the longer he stayed in college, the more people would going to pick holes in his game. Simply put, McRoberts' stock was never going to get any higher than it was when he graduated HS.

Had McRoberts gone to the NBA right out of HS (that was the last year HS were eligible) or after his freshman year, there's no doubt he would've been selected higher than #37, which was where he was selected after his sophomore year.

The ironic part is that if had stayed at Duke longer, his stock would've probably gone back up. He missed the first boat, didn't think the 2nd would ever come, so he jumped in the water and started swimming. Needless to say, he's lost at sea...
    Very true. After Josh's freshman season, he would have been a top 20 pick. That soph season ruined him.

I wasn't sad to see him go. NBDL, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    At the risk of censure, I will say this: the ONLY thing I don't like about Tyler Hansbrough is that he plays for the Evil Team. I would have loved to have had him at Duke.
    That's a pretty honest statement and I'm sure most Duke fans deep down in their heart would love to have Hansbro on our team.

He plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. Ok, so he does travel, but then we do get a number of flops called in our favor, it all balances out.

of COURSE i would have loved for hans to play for duke...but he DIDN'T...he went to the dark side...

tyler = anakin

http://www.poster.net/star-wars/star...er-4900969.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    of COURSE i would have loved for hans to play for duke...but he DIDN'T...he went to the dark side...

tyler = anakin

http://www.poster.net/star-wars/star...er-4900969.jpg
    Darth Travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    If nothing else, Hansbrough will be asked to rebound and play defense, something I'm sure he's more than capable of doing in the league. Nobody's saying he's gonna be "the man" like he is at UNC, but he'll be a solid NBA player, no more and no less.
    Yeah, but I thought the same thing about Shelden, and it looks like he might be out of the league in another year.

I also thought the same thing about Marcus Fizer, he probably had less size than Landlord and Big Travel though.