Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1

    Duke basketball jerseys

    Anybody have a good link for Duke basketball jerseys. My 16 year old son wants a Singler jersey and i have had no luck can somebody help me?

  2. #2
    you can try this one if you have not already www.shopdukestores.duke.edu

  3. #3
    IIRC correctly you cannot get jerseys with college names on them, as the athletes would get a cut and cannot make money on merchandise, or something like that. You've gotta get a jersey and have the name put on yourself.

  4. #4
    ebay

  5. #5
    Can you get a personalized jersey by number as well as name? I want a # 6 with "C. Crazy" as the name.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    Can you get a personalized jersey by number as well as name? I want a # 6 with "C. Crazy" as the name.
    You used to be able to find them on Eastbay, but they stopped selling them before this season. They were discontinued to make way for the new style replica and swingman jerseys that debuted this year. I will search my other websites and see if I can't find one that still sells the personalized jersey.

    EDIT: I have scoured my usual websites and they are completely sold out.
    Last edited by blazindw; 04-28-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Result of website searches
    2003-2004 HLM

    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Be wary of this guy on ebay:

    http://myworld.ebay.com/frsvegas

    He advertises items he doesn't have and takes forever to tell you this and refund your money. He nearly ruined valentine's day this year holding out on a Duke Swingman Jersey for my ladylove.

    Thanks god for chocolate!
    If being a fan were logical, we'd all be Duke fans but some of us were born to a different blue.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hotlanta
    What is a swingman jersey?
    The only thing worse than getting older is the alternative.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burgtownvilleton, NC
    Duke jersey freak here! FWIW, the Coach K "Legacy" Collection has jerseys of former Duke players complete with the names on the back. I find these quite desirable and have almost all of them. So far it's been only retired numbers plus Elton Brand and Wojo. Maybe Singler will get to that point someday!

    They are here

    But as for your question, I wouldn't be surprised to see #12 jerseys popping up in the student store later this summer, sans the name obviously. You could get a name put on the back very easily - I bought a #11 Duke jersey from Eastbay years and years ago and got a sports outfitting store to put "Hurley" on the back. It's still on display almost 20 years later.

  10. #10
    Any 15 jerseys you think will be coming out along with the 12's? Or will we see more 3's and 30's this year?

  11. #11

    Names

    The NCAA takes that prohibition on current players' names rather seriously. I remember that after the 1989 Duke-Georgetown regional final, the bookstore started selling shirts saying The Mourning After (after Alonzo, of course). They had to pull them later that same day.

    After that Phil Henderson slam dunk, that would have been a nice shirt to have.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burgtownvilleton, NC
    There have been times when as many as 5 numbers from that year's team have been available at the East Campus store. They tend to have more of the random numbers there.

    We know for sure there will be #'s 2, 3, and 30 because they are on the website...they might as well round it out with 12 and 15 when school starts back up!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampa

    Thumbs down

    I love those Laettner, Hurley, Hill blueblack jerseys.

    P.S. Swingman jerseys are the level between the screenprinted replicas and authentics. Nike stopped making authentic jerseys after the 2002 season. Swingman are stitched, but are not made of all of the same high quality materials as the authentics. They also have swooshes on the left shoulders like the replicas. Nike tags them as authentics, but they aren't.
    ___________________
    Mike Stein
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    I've been trying for years to find a place that sells custom jerseys with what ever name and number you want and have had no luck. I'm surprised that the campus bookstore or some place like the Duck Shop doesn't sell them but they don't. I would think that there would be a pretty good market for such things, I know that a lot of people buy custom pro jerseys. Maybe we should start a email campaign with the athletic department!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burgtownvilleton, NC

    Following up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley2Hill View Post
    There have been times when as many as 5 numbers from that year's team have been available at the East Campus store. They tend to have more of the random numbers there.

    We know for sure there will be #'s 2, 3, and 30 because they are on the website...they might as well round it out with 12 and 15 when school starts back up!
    Just got the new Duke Stores catalog, and whaddaya know - jersey #'s 2, 3, 12, 15, and 30 are all for sale this year!

    Not as exciting: replica price jumps to $60 this year (except for #3, which is $45, and is the older style of neck as opposed to the new style). The Coach K Legacy jerseys with the name on the back are a much better deal at $55, though they don't sell those in the store so shipping would be involved. But even then, Coach K Legacy at $55 plus shipping > generic replica for $60.

    Twill replicas are $75, which, IMO, is a bit much for something that isn't even comfortable.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley2Hill View Post
    Just got the new Duke Stores catalog, and whaddaya know - jersey #'s 2, 3, 12, 15, and 30 are all for sale this year!

    Not as exciting: replica price jumps to $60 this year (except for #3, which is $45, and is the older style of neck as opposed to the new style). The Coach K Legacy jerseys with the name on the back are a much better deal at $55, though they don't sell those in the store so shipping would be involved. But even then, Coach K Legacy at $55 plus shipping > generic replica for $60.

    Twill replicas are $75, which, IMO, is a bit much for something that isn't even comfortable.
    That is awesome. Hopefully they'll be in stores when Homecoming time rolls around. I will be pretty much guaranteed to be an owner of a #2 and a #15 by the end of the weekend (I just got #30 at a discount).
    2003-2004 HLM

    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley2Hill View Post
    Duke jersey freak here! FWIW, the Coach K "Legacy" Collection has jerseys of former Duke players complete with the names on the back. I find these quite desirable and have almost all of them. So far it's been only retired numbers plus Elton Brand and Wojo. Maybe Singler will get to that point someday!

    They are here

    But as for your question, I wouldn't be surprised to see #12 jerseys popping up in the student store later this summer, sans the name obviously. You could get a name put on the back very easily - I bought a #11 Duke jersey from Eastbay years and years ago and got a sports outfitting store to put "Hurley" on the back. It's still on display almost 20 years later.
    I miss the "old" Duke jerseys like the wojo one you posted. They really need to go back to those. Classic jerseys with winning tendencies.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    I love those Laettner, Hurley, Hill blueblack jerseys.
    I agree, those are just stupid. It's like when you see someone wearing a Jordan UNC jersey with the arguille on the sides.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I agree, those are just stupid. It's like when you see someone wearing a Jordan UNC jersey with the arguille on the sides.
    But Alexander Julian is soooooooooooo talented!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Back in the dirty Jerz
    Quote Originally Posted by should_be_working View Post
    I miss the "old" Duke jerseys like the wojo one you posted. They really need to go back to those. Classic jerseys with winning tendencies.
    I'm sure you mean the >=95-96 wojo jerseys:


    and not the 94-95 wojo jerseys:


    I miss the good old days.
    -- DukeUsul

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Jerseys
    By yancem in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM
  2. Requirements for Retired Duke Jerseys
    By TwoDukeTattoos in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 12:49 AM
  3. Black stripe on the jerseys
    By jmb in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 11:40 PM
  4. No more Duke Basketball
    By DavidBenAkiva in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
  5. Need help with a Duke Basketball
    By ABornman in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •