Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: miles plumlee

Unhappy What's Worse...

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    Wouldn't it be a little odd if Miles came to Duke now that JD is going to Stanford? I recognize it's more complicated than that, but still...
    It would be a horrible start to JD's tenure at Stanford.

sagegrouse

From Miles's POV, he's in the catbird seat. I bet he's got offers now from both Duke and Stanford. Unbelievably great choices. Plus, from a Plumlee family standpoint, Krzyzewski is sitting pretty. Perfect for on down the line.

I say let Miles do what he thinks he should. If JD successfully re-recruits him, fine. If he prefers to come to Duke and play (awaiting his brother's arrival), also fine.

Two good kids; two good schools; and a Duke connection either way.

All I can say now is: GTHC!

(ooh! what if Tommy appears on the scene and Harvard...mmmm...don't think such thoughts...)

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    It would be a horrible start to JD's tenure at Stanford.

sagegrouse

Dawkins and Stanford could certainly use him, yet so could Duke. Again, JD had little to do with Mason Plumlee's recruitment, meaning he got to know Collins, Wojo and K as did his brother. He attended an after game birthday party for K during the Maryland visit. He became very familiar with Duke by tagging along with his brother. Stanford is a great school, but so is Duke and from where I was sitting he enjoyed Duke. The thought of joining his brother has to be a plus to a family that could watch both sons on one coast. I am sure he will make the decision that is in his heart once a release is granted.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Dawkins and Stanford could certainly use him, yet so could Duke. Again, JD had little to do with Mason Plumlee's recruitment, meaning he got to know Collins, Wojo and K as did his brother. He attended an after game birthday party for K during the Maryland visit. He became very familiar with Duke by tagging along with his brother. Stanford is a great school, but so is Duke and from where I was sitting he enjoyed Duke. The thought of joining his brother has to be a plus to a family that could watch both sons on one coast. I am sure he will make the decision that is in his heart once a release is granted.
    I know this would rise to the level of premium information, but it sounds to me like you think there is a realistic possibility that Miles will be in a Blue Devil uniform next season. At least there appears to be solid interest on both ends. Would Coach K have a moral issue with taking a kid coming from a commitment to a program where his close friend is headed? Of course, if Miles doesn't want to be at Stanford, wouldn't Duke be the place JD would tell him to go?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I know this would rise to the level of premium information, but it sounds to me like you think there is a realistic possibility that Miles will be in a Blue Devil uniform next season. At least there appears to be solid interest on both ends. Would Coach K have a moral issue with taking a kid coming from a commitment to a program where his close friend is headed? Of course, if Miles doesn't want to be at Stanford, wouldn't Duke be the place JD would tell him to go?

I said about as much as I can without making members ask why they have to pay Let's just see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    I said about as much as I can without making members ask why they have to pay Let's just see how it plays out.
    Fair enough. Thanks for your non-premium insights and information. Look forward to seeing how it plays out.
    Singler is IRON

Watzone please post ur website address. I would be interested in looking at it and possibly subscribing.
    Has Plumlee's release been grantedand if not when will it happen?
    Does anyone have any info re GH and BK recovery from their surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by topps coach View Post
    Watzone please post ur website address. I would be interested in looking at it and possibly subscribing.
    Has Plumlee's release been grantedand if not when will it happen?
    Does anyone have any info re GH and BK recovery from their surgery.
    You can find watzone at http://myblogdevils.eponym.com/blog.

What a great name...Perky Plumlee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    What a great name...Perky Plumlee!!!
    That's his nickname. His real name is Millard.

Dawkins to Stanford is not playing into Miles decision.

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.d...PORTS/80426012

bad link?

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    bad link?
    I think it's this one (linked on the main page)
    http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...SFRONTCAROUSEL

I'm sure you are correct, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    The Mahaffey family sent 4 boys to Clemson from '60 to '70:

Tom Mahaffey – 6’7” 1960-1962

Donnie Mahaffey – 6’8” 1962-1964

Randy Mahaffey – 6’7” 1965-1967

Richie Mahaffey – 6’7” 1967-1970

http://www.sportsstats.com/bball/ind...r_index.html#M
    They all went to LaGrange High School in LaGrange, GA, and every year for what seemed like millenia, they constantly obliterated my high school team in the state tournament.
    There had to have been several dozen of them!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Dukie View Post
    They all went to LaGrange High School in LaGrange, GA, and every year for what seemed like millenia, they constantly obliterated my high school team in the state tournament.
    There had to have been several dozen of them!
    There may have been more but those are the only four who played in the ACC.

Plum trees would look great in the Duke Gardens, don't ya think?

You say there is "solid interest on both ends." Is that just a guess or have you heard this. Not doubting you....just curious???

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    You say there is "solid interest on both ends." Is that just a guess or have you heard this. Not doubting you....just curious???
    If you read through the posts on this thread, you can make a reasonable assumption that there is mutual interest. Look at post #8 of this thread regarding Duke's interest.

In post #34, Watzone (to whom my post was primarily addressed) says Duke is involved with Miles.

Read Watzone's post #64 regarding Miles' interest in Duke. The messages I get from reading posts of those with more information than me are: Duke is involved and interested; Miles and Mason have considered the possibility of playing together; Miles knows the Duke staff pretty well. The family likes the idea of the two playing together.

You have to think education is important to Miles and the family if he chose Stanford. The family must be high on Duke since Mason committed - in what seemed like a pretty quick fashion. So it seems like Mason was very impressed with what he saw here. There aren't many other schools which offer combined basketball program/education opportunities like Stanford - Duke is one of them. King's departure does open up a spot and leaves us with enough room to continue with the plan/strategy with 2009 (I think).

Here's what it boils down to - why wouldn't Miles be interested in Duke? Others who have access to this kind of information have posted that Duke is involved - so obviously there is interest on that end. I don't think Duke would be involved if Miles were not interested.
    Singler is IRON

Thanks...

If you read through the posts on this thread, you can make a reasonable assumption that there is mutual interest. Look at post #8 of this thread regarding Duke's interest.

In post #34, Watzone (to whom my post was primarily addressed) says Duke is involved with Miles.

Read Watzone's post #64 regarding Miles' interest in Duke. The messages I get from reading posts of those with more information than me are: Duke is involved and interested; Miles and Mason have considered the possibility of playing together; Miles knows the Duke staff pretty well. The family likes the idea of the two playing together.

You have to think education is important to Miles and the family if he chose Stanford. The family must be high on Duke since Mason committed - in what seemed like a pretty quick fashion. So it seems like Mason was very impressed with what he saw here. There aren't many other schools which offer combined basketball program/education opportunities like Stanford - Duke is one of them. King's departure does open up a spot and leaves us with enough room to continue with the plan/strategy with 2009 (I think).

Here's what it boils down to - why wouldn't Miles be interested in Duke? Others who have access to this kind of information have posted that Duke is involved - so obviously there is interest on that end. I don't think Duke would be involved if Miles were not interested.
    Once again I was not doubting you...not sure if it came across like that, if so my apologies. Thanks for the clarification. I have been looking at other message boards since posting that question and it is now obvious there is mutual interest. Some posters are claiming to have inside information that is a done deal that he is going to Duke, but I will wait for the official announcement.