Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: miles plumlee

If you didn't know by now

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I agree that Zoubek will be better, but 12-14 ppg is a lot of points for anyone. It's even an even higher average for someone playing 22 mpg. And it's even tougher to do for someone playing in a perimeter-oriented attack that returns four double-digit scorers, three of whom (Henderson, Scheyer and Singler) all have the potential to significantly increase their output.
    Bob is an optimist. Not at Ozzie's level, mind you, but still quite an optimist. (I think Zoubs will be much better, but would be ecstatic with 25 mpg (not miles per gallon) and 10 ppb.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    The 230 is probably wishful thinking, but according to this Louisville C-J article (scroll a little) from last summer, Miles is 6-11. He won't stay in the 205-210 range for long. He may well be above that now.
    That also calls Mason by his brother's name. I don't think that's a great source.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That may sound ridiculous, but I really believe we have yet to see the real Brian Zoubek. He struggled his freshman year with foul trouble and travelling. Last season he was injured twice. With the caveat I stated, if healthy, and added experience, Zoubek could really make heads turn the next two years. Right now, I am just hoping for step one - successful recovery from his latest foot surgery.
    I don't think double figure scoring is out of the question for Zoubs, or even 12-14 per game. Last year, he shot 59.4% FG, 44.8% FT, and scored approx. 1 pt per 2.8 minutes played.

Continued improvement depends on decent health, continued hard work, physical development and maturity, and avoiding foul trouble. Duke's strength next year should continue to be outside shooting and driving ability; a big target like Zoubs should get some room to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I agree that Zoubek will be better, but 12-14 ppg is a lot of points for anyone. It's even an even higher average for someone playing 22 mpg. And it's even tougher to do for someone playing in a perimeter-oriented attack that returns four double-digit scorers, three of whom (Henderson, Scheyer and Singler) all have the potential to significantly increase their output.
    You point out valid facts that will affect Zoubek's scoring potential. For my prediction to bear fruit, Zoubek will have to do a better job at the free throw line. With increased playing time, he will take increased trips to the charity stripe and converting those opportunities into points is critical to his success. Hopefully, shooting thousands of free throws is a part of Zoubek's summer improvement plan.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    That also calls Mason by his brother's name. I don't think that's a great source.
    Actually Jody Demling is a great source and arguably the most knowledgable columnist in the Indiana/Kentucky area. As far as him calling Mason Miles or vice versa, everyone makes mistakes.
    Bob Green

Actually Jody Demling is a great source and arguably the most knowledgable columnist in the Indiana/Kentucky area. As far as him calling Mason Miles or vice versa, everyone makes mistakes.
    Right. She obviously spent the time to measure him but didn't spend the time to correct a glaring mistake on her blog. Sounds legit.

Right. She obviously spent the time to measure him but didn't spend the time to correct a glaring mistake on her blog. Sounds legit.
    Jody Demling is a dude. See how easy it is to make a mistake.
    Bob Green

Jody Demling is a dude. See how easy it is to make a mistake.
    Hahaha. TOUCHE.

Notice I don't claim to know how tall Miles Plumlee is.

Well, you might be righter than you know. The single comment says the writer mixed the brothers up, even though Mason's name was used twice.

High school beat writers. Gotta love them.

Need another source...

"Zoubek will have to do a better job at the free throw line"

wasn't he decent his freshman year?

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    "Zoubek will have to do a better job at the free throw line"

wasn't he decent his freshman year?
    http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketba...p?playerid=520

Here's Zoubs' stat lines for his first two years; yes, he shot 66.7% from the line as a freshman, and actually scored a few more points in slightly fewer minutes in his first year.

We (or should I say K) should probably try to figure out if Mason wants to play with Miles before we head too far down the road of recruiting Miles. Also, I do have to wonder if we didn't even look at Miles last year, why would we all of the sudden be overly interested now? I know that we missed out on Monroe and another big would be nice but it would seem a bit odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    We (or should I say K) should probably try to figure out if Mason wants to play with Miles before we head too far down the road of recruiting Miles. Also, I do have to wonder if we didn't even look at Miles last year, why would we all of the sudden be overly interested now? I know that we missed out on Monroe and another big would be nice but it would seem a bit odd to me.

My members have had the answer to this question. Miles has new opportunities to examine.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    So you are saying there ARE inside sources saying something about Miles??????????????????????

Cough twice if the anser is yes.

This exchange never happened.
    Well, there are some with inside sources saying things that aren't accurate. And there are some with inside sources that seem to have a grip on the situation. Duke is involved with Miles Plumlee. Teams are able to talk with him now and there are several which have called to inquire about his services. He would make a nice addition to Williams and Czyz in the class of 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Well, there are some with inside sources saying things that aren't accurate. And there are some with inside sources that seem to have a grip on the situation. Duke is involved with Miles Plumlee. Teams are able to talk with him now and there are several which have called to inquire about his services. He would make a nice addition to Williams and Czyz in the class of 2008.
    I concur.

That would be quite the class.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Thanks for the info, I have always counted you amongst those with inside sources that have a grip on the situation. I do not want to pry into the premium info (actually I do want to, I just try not to).

Adding Miles would make it almost a Taylor-made class (Sorry couldn't resist)

Would grabbing a decommit from Stanford like this be considered Plumb-picking? (I can't stop, it must be late).

Except for the ugly rumors at IC about McDonald, this has been a day of good news! Lawson. Ellington, Miles Pumlee and J Dawkins!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I think that Mason and Miles know if they want to play together. I would imagine that before Miles did anything at Duke, he would talk to Mason about it. After all, they live in the same house so I am betting they would talk about it a bit.

The questions about why Duke did not recruit Miles earlier and whether we would be interested bother me. If the coaching staff likes him and want him now and he is free to pick a school, who are we to question why?

Maybe the loss of King opens up some space for a kid like Miles that would not have otherwise been here? Maybe the coaches took a closer look at Miles while they were evaluating Mason and saw something they had not seen before. Bottom line though is that we MAY be interested now and what happened in the past seems irrelevant right now.

Look, Miles committed to Stanford almost a year ago (June of 2007) and was probably recruited/evaluated by his other schools (Indiana, Virginia, Miami, Vandy, and others) well before that. Duke was focussed on Patrick Patterson and Greg Monroe when Miles was making his college choice. Now, very late in the game after we missed on PP and GM, there is a window of opportunity where Miles is suddenly available and, thanks to our recruitment of his brother, we actually have a good idea of what kind of kid Miles is. We are somewhat uniquely qualified to re-evaluate this kid and make a new decision about him. If the coaching staff is interested (and I am hearing that they are) then we, as fans, should be thrilled about that and counting our lucky stars.

It is also worth noting that while Miles is a good prospect and Mason is a very good prospect, their younger brother Marshall is supposedly the best prospect in the family and could easily be a top ten recruit in the class of 2011. I have not problem at all with the Plumlee pipeline running through Duke for the next half dozen years!

--Jason "for a team that was supposedly height challenged, we are suddenly getting a lot bigger!" Evans

Smile Mistakes?

Right. Noone is perfcet.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    zoobs might be better not being injured, but they call HIS travels. his footwork is suspect. he has zero offense beyond 4 feet. he is slow. he can't guard anyone beyond the foul line extended.
    Except for the travelling part, this is a perfect description of Hansbrough...

"Except for the travelling part, this is a perfect description of Hansbrough..."

hanstravel has, as shown many times this year, a reliable J out to 15 feet. Z has not even taken a shot that far out.