Kenny Smith vs. Kobe Bryant

If you did not see this on TNT last night... The final 2 minutes is just Kobe and Kenny and Charles and Ernie laughing the whole time. Great, great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebjAM8QEfw&fmt=18

--Jason "as an aside, Kobe's original jump is a total fake" Evans

Just a quick correction -- it was actually Wednesday night.

Inside has exalted status on my Tivo Season Pass list. I love NBA Playoff time for the opportunity to see those 3 knuckleheads almost every night.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It looks like he's standing just a little bit to the left of (towards the camera) the AM. Not to mention there is no way in hell his insurance company would allow him to do this for real.

But was Kenny's "jump" real?

That is as hard as I have laughed it a long while. I kept rewinding to 2:00 and watching for 30 seconds and then starting all over, and over, and over. Great stuff.

Kenny hasn't aged gracefully, he used to pretty quick...

Inside the NBA could be on year round and it'd still be a great show. Those guys are hilarious to watch, regardless of whether or not they talk about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Inside the NBA could be on year round and it'd still be a great show. Those guys are hilarious to watch, regardless of whether or not they talk about basketball.
    They need to have a morning show like "The View", except I'm not sure Charles could get up early enough for a morning show.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    They need to have a morning show like "The View", except I'm not sure Charles could get up early enough for a morning show.
    Speaking of the View, on the pregame show today Barkley led off by quizzing Alonzo Mourning about tabloid reports that Dwayne Wade is dating Star Jones. He called her a 'cougar.' Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Speaking of the View, on the pregame show today Barkley led off by quizzing Alonzo Mourning about tabloid reports that Dwayne Wade is dating Star Jones. He called her a 'cougar.' Scary.

One word after these: Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Whoa.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    It looks like he's standing just a little bit to the left of (towards the camera) the AM. Not to mention there is no way in hell his insurance company would allow him to do this for real.
    it's definetly not real - there's no way Nike's insurance company would have allowed that either.

At first I thought it was a perspective trick, like you mention (you can even see Kobe's shadow on the car). But the car goes through the same shadow as Bryant starts on.

So now I think it was just two separate videos, like the Kenny Smith one.

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    it's definetly not real - there's no way Nike's insurance company would have allowed that either.

At first I thought it was a perspective trick, like you mention (you can even see Kobe's shadow on the car). But the car goes through the same shadow as Bryant starts on.

So now I think it was just two separate videos, like the Kenny Smith one.
    Back in the 70's there was a tV show with Lee Majors - The Bionic Man. In that show Majors would jump great distances and over objects. In my tour of Universal Studios in '78 or so, I did those "jumps" by flexing my knees and moving my arms like I jumped. On the TV monitor I jumped over a 10' wall. It is all in the video work.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Back in the 70's there was a tV show with Lee Majors - The Bionic Man. In that show Majors would jump great distances and over objects. In my tour of Universal Studios in '78 or so, I did those "jumps" by flexing my knees and moving my arms like I jumped. On the TV monitor I jumped over a 10' wall. It is all in the video work.
    Are you sure they did not secretly make you bionic and you do not know about it? Maybe there will be a knock on your door some day and a man in a black suit will be standing there saying, "the time has come for you to repay your country for a gift you did not even know you had received."

--Jason "I have bionic posting abilities" Evans

Are you sure they did not secretly make you bionic and you do not know about it? Maybe there will be a knock on your door some day and a man in a black suit will be standing there saying, "the time has come for you to repay your country for a gift you did not even know you had received."

--Jason "I have bionic posting abilities" Evans
    Only if I can develop bionic fingers and a willingness to use them chasing your posting numbers. I'm only 1100 or so behind...

Talking Lmao!

That segment ought to go down in that top 50 list of best comedic moments in TV history.

Love the slo-mo on Ernie!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe